Chapter 11

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

"Are you okay?" I asked her while I was going to sit next to her on the ground. She nodded and stood up. "Can you walk?" I asked. And believe me or not but she could. She just walked like nothing happened. "How is that even possible?" I asked her. "That knife fell and hit your leg... didn't it hurt?" She said nothing. she's quite strange. I liked it. I get that feeling again. And I was shocked by the idea that she was almost dead. I couldn't lose her.  Maybe Mai was right. Maybe I was in love. She smiled at me. "You're a strange girl you know". I smiled. "But thank god you're okay." I hugged her. I hugged her so tight that she almost couldn't breathe. She laughed. "Oh, I am sorry" I said. "I almost killed you by hugging you" I didn't even know why I hugged her. Maybe I was just so glad she was still alive. Or it was because. because I like her. I mean... I really like her. Mai was right. "But are you okay?" She asked. I nodded. "I'm just glad you are still alive" I said. She also looked a little nervous. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Well, nothing... I  was almost dead but that was nothing." She said in a sarcastic tone, laughing. I laughed too. I was glad this was all over. And that Sayumi was still alive. I Don't know how much I already said that.

Without knowing I was coming nearer and nearer to her. I looked in her eyes and saw them sparkle. I didn't see the strange thing I saw in the demon's eyes anymore. 'I'm stupid that I first thought she was a demon' I thought. I came more closer. "Ryosuke... what are you..." but she didnt finish her sentence. Before I knew it my lips were on her's. I had never kissed someone before. I tasted her sweet lips. They were so sweet. She also seemed like she enjoyed it. Otherwise she would've pushed me away, right? I was holding her tight. And she also put her arms on me. It was a very long kiss. But then... I was surprised... why did she stop? Didn't she like it? "I'm sorry" I said "Did I do it wrong". She shook her head. "It's not that." She said. "Then what is it?" I asked. "I..." she started. "I... can't". "Why?" I asked "you don't like me?". "No, that's not it" she said "I really like you..." I'm glad she liked me but she probably didn't feel more then that. "But...?" I asked. "But we can't be together" She replied. Probably because of the same reason I also thought at first. "But... why?" I asked her. "Because... because..." she said. I heard she was going to cry. I her face. A tear rolled over her cheeks. I wiped it of. "Because you are going to kill me in a few minutes" She said quietly. "Kill you? Why?" I asked. "I'm not human." I stepped back because of the shock. So I was right all along. "You're also..." She nodded already "... A demon?" I was still shocked. Did I kiss a demon?

When I looked into her eyes that time I saw it. I just saw it. Then why didn't I believe it? Maybe I was just blinded by love. Then love is really dangerous... I thought I was never be able to fell in love again. Not untill the apocalypse was over. "I'm sorry" she said while looking at me with her wet eyes. I didn't know if she meant it or not. She was a demon and do demons actually tell the truth? She was walking towards. I thought she was going to kill me, but then she grabbed my iron stick. "What are you...?" I asked. I saw the Iron was burning on her skin. So she really was a demon. That's why she didn't want to come in. There were a lot of other strange things about her. The Iron was burning on her hand and I could see that she was in a lot of pain. I couldn't take it any longer. Maybe she was just different than all the other demons.

"Stop!" I said and I grabbed back my iron stick. "Why are you doing this? You're getting yourself killed!"  "So..?" She said "I'm a monster!". Her face was covered in tears. She acted like she didn't care. Was she just acting or did it really not care for her. Did she really wanted to die? Or was it an act? After all she was a demon. I still cared about her a lot. I just couldn't lose her. Even if she were a demon. "I'm sorry..." she said "I didn't want to lie, but I couldn't tell you, you would probably kill me" She said. But I couldn't kill her. I still didn't know if she was acting or not. "Just kill me!" she cried. "Just kill me... I'm a monster" I shook my head while I wiped off her tears. She stopped crying. The way she acted was not one you should expect from a demon. I didn't even know demons could cry. How does she have so many feelings? "I'm not killing you" I said to calm her down. "Come. We're going inside, you could stay with us tonight" She shook her head. "Your house is one big trap, are you going to torture me there? Lock me up in one of your devil's trap and then torture me?" I shook my head "Listen I believe you're not like the others okay. Other demons don't have feelings, but you do.. how's that possible?". She looked at me, a smile came on here face again. "I escaped from Hell before I lost my feelings" She answered. She escaped. So that's why. "Come we'll go inside." And she followed me. "But the Devils trap..." She said when we were at the entrance of the house. She pointed to the trap on the ground.  "Oh" I said "Give me your knife." She did what I said and gave her knife to me. I scraped off some of the paint of which the trap was made of. "Come" I said and she followed me into the house. I locked the door.

"Mai, can you lay down some salt before the front door?!" I shouted. Mai came out of the living room and had a bag with salt in her hands. "Why?" She asked and walked to the front door to do what I said. I didn't answer her question. "She's a demon, right?" She asked from the hallway. "I see the trap is broken. Why you would break it..? I thought it was for not letting demons in the house, and then you break it for one? Why?!" I didn't aswer. "Just because you're in love with her?! You can't be in love with a demon, you know that?!".

She was right. But Sayumi is different, different than all the other demons. "I heard screaming. "Mai? Are you okay?" No answer. We went to the hallway and saw Mai looking at the front door. The bag with salt was laying on the floor. She turned her head to us really quick but then quickly looked at the door again. "Go upstairs!" Sayumi warned. I was in shock and couldn't move. What was going on? Sayumi knew what was going to happen. I saw it in her face. I was shocked when I saw that Mai was trying to open the door. "Go upstairs!" Sayumi warned again. The door was open and I get the strange feeling like there were ghosts coming into the house. But they weren't ghosts. It were thousands of demon soul. "Go!" Sayumi yelled. We ran upstairs as fast as we could.