Chapter 13

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Sayumi:

We left salt in front of the door and window opening. This was the only window which wasn’t closed with wooden planks. I wondered why, but I didn’t ask. We heard her saying again that Ryosuke only had to hand me to the devil and he would be fine. But he was lying. Ryosuke also knew he was lying. “Demons never tell the truth.” He said. “Exept you.” He quickly said afterwards. “Ouch…” I said. “Are you okay?” He asked, and looked at my hand. It was still burning a lot. I nodded. We had other problems then my pain now.

The demon wanted me. She was going to take me back to Hell again. “Poor Mai!” I thought out loud. Ryosuke nodded. I was glad demons couldn’t come in the room now. But I also couldn’t leave. It was like an invisible wall for demons. They couldn’t step over salt. Ryosuke was going to sit on the bed. I saw he was almost going to cry. “What should we do now?” He asked. “We can’t just kill her, she’s my sister”. He looked to his hands, which were on his lap. A tear fell down.  I walked to him and sat next to him. I took his hand. “Ryosuke…” I started “Maybe we don’t have a choice” I said as careful as I could.  Another tear fall down.  “If we don’t kill her, she will kill us… You know that right?”. He nodded and let another tear fall. “Okay!” He said while he wiped his tear off and dried his eyes. “What?” I asked. “We’re leaving…” He answered. At first I thought he was going to kill his sister. I was glad that wasn’t his idea; there must be another way to get the demon out of her. I was sorry for her and thought this was all my fault.

Ryosuke stood up and walked to a closet. The same closet where the bag of salt was lying. Only he opened another door. “Paint?” I asked while he took a bucket of  white paint out of the closet. He nodded, Now I understood his plan. He was making another trap. “I want my sister back.” He said while he pulled the carpet away. “Wait…” I said. “It’s too dangerous to stay here. They are with too much”. He nodded while opening the bucket of paint. “And if we’re leaving before she’s trapped, she will stay here forever with the demon inside her” Then he stopped. “You’re right…” he said to me. “I can’t do that to her!”. He walked towards the window and let the paint bucket stay where it was. Maybe they actually believed that we made a trap, but we never could find that out. We should leave before they opened the door. Ryosuke looked out of the window “They’re not outside.” He said.  Again we heard Mai- or the demon, or wathever yelling that we had to come outside.

“No!” Ryosuke screamed. It was good to let them hear one last ‘no’ so that we could escape easily without them knowing it. He removed the salt carefully so that I also could come with him. He opened the window as quietly as he could. And lucky for us it didn’t make any sound. “You first.” He wishpered into my ear. I got warm by his breathing in my  ear. I thought I actually blushed a little. He smiled. I was glad he could still smile a little. The smile already disappeared fast. “Go!” he wishpered again. “What about you?” I asked. “I’ll go after you, just go!” I did what he said and jumped out of the window. It wasn’t too high and even if it was, I wouldn’t care. I’m already dead. This body could break a few legs but I would still be able to walk. The girl was already dead when I started to possess her, that’s why I chose her. I would never choose a living human to posess. I looked at the window, it was a few meters high up. I saw Ryosuke, who looked down to me.  “You coming?” I asked as quietly as I could but still trying to make myself understandable.