Chapter 17

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Sayumi:

I made a joke, curious about his reaction. Would he be thinking that something happened? Would he think that I ran away? Would he be worried? Then I heard him calling my name again. “Did someone call?” I asked while walking from the back side of a tree. “You were there the whole the time?” He asked with a mad look on his face. I nodded. “Yes”. “Why?” He asked. “I was…-” I smiled. I knew he was worried but he wouldn’t dare to say it.

“I thought you ran away and left me!” He said instead.  “I would never leave you alone!” I said. He smiled a little, but didn’t want to. He turned around so that I wouldn’t be able to see it. "Why are you joking around anyway?!" He sounded really mad. "My sister is in danger and you are just playing games?!". "I'm sorry..." I said. "I thought... maybe I could cheer you up a little". "How can you cheer me up by dissapearing?!" He said while he walked away. I grabbed his hand but he pulled it back. “Listen, Ryosuke... you know I’m sorry, right?” I asked. "Yeah... You already said that... but...". "I'm not talking about that..." I interrupted him. He walked to the bench without saying anything.  “I know it's all my fault... I'm sorry, really” I said while also walking to the bench. “I wish I had never told you…”  I said. Now he looked at me again with these serious eyes. “I wish I’d never met you.” He said. I felt sad. Did he really feel like this?

I looked to the grass. “If you never met me… then… you’d be dead right now.” I said. My voice sounded like I was going to cry.  “I don’t care.” He said like he really didn’t care. “But your sis… she would.”. “Don’t say it! I'm willing to die to save her!” He sounded really mad. I looked at him. “Okay. We have to make a plan.” I said with a smile. I acted like I didn’t care that he would kill me after this.