Chapter 29

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

What happened to Sayumi? I was really sure something happened to her. But we couldn't find anything in the store. Only a plastic bag which was outside the store. Was it Sayumi's? Also, Mai was acting strange, like she was nervous or something. When I asked in the store if she found something she looked scared up. Why? Was it just my imagination? Maybe she thought I was some other demon. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing" She said like I asked something strange. It was quiet for a while as we walked further. "Hey... Ryosuke...?" Mai broke the silence. I looked at her. "Yeah..?" I answered. "Do you know it? What she did...?" She then asked. I didn't understand. What did she mean? "What?" I asked. "Well... You have to do something bad, right? Before you go to Hell" She was right. Before going to Hell you must do something bad, something really bad. Dad told a few years ago. I wondered why Sayumi went to Hell. Maybe she also doesn't know by herself. "I forgot about that" I laughed. "I wonder what she did" I said. "So... you don't know?" Mai asked. I shook my head. "I never asked her about it... Well, some things are private right?". A bomb exploded in her head. "Private?!" She yelled. "Maybe she killed someone..! Maybe she was a serial killer or something..! We could be dead because of her!". She sounded really mad. I never saw her like this before. Not even once. "But she helped us, Mai" I said as I sat down in the squating position. She shook her head. "She only wants you to believe that... You weren't even trying to save me when I was possesed by one of her kind!". She almost cried. "We were thinking of a plan" I said. "Oh... yes... It really looked like you were making plans when I came back". Was she talking about that kiss. I wiped her tears from her face. She must feel really bad. I looked up and scared up by seeing a smoke cloud. I stood up. Mai noticed something was wrong. She stopped crying and also looked up, to the smoke. "Wha... what..." She stuttered. "That's our house..." I said as I ran in the direction of the smoke, without thinking about anything.

The more I got closer the more I smelled the fire. "Wait!" I heard Mai screaming after me, who ran after me. "There might be demons there!" She said as she passed me. She was right. We were standing in front of the burning house now. I felt the warmth of the fire in my face and our faces were lit up. The sky became dark because of the smoke and then it started to rain a little. But it wasn't enough to put out the fire. We just watched without moving our saying anything. I wondered why our house was burning. Was it the demons who did this. "!" Mai then said. I looked at her. "What?" I asked. "First she left us behind and now she's burning down our home!". Did Sayumi do this? But why? Was it all just a lie? I didn't say anything.