Chapter 24

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Mai:

I was really mad. Why is he still "friends" with that demon? I looked at him, while he was sitting on the bench. Then I remembered again; They kissed. Or was it just my imagination? I was going to sit next to him. "I'm glad you're okay" He then said. I nodded. "You know..." I then started. he looked at me and smiled. "What is it?" He asked. "You know, they want her, right?" I said, while I looked at the my hands, which were on my lap. "What...?" he asked. I looked at him again. He looked like he didn't understand. "They want her" I said again. "They only want her..." I started to cry a little. "Can't we just..." I said while crying. "Can't we... just... Give her to the devil..." he stood up. "No!" He then screamed, he sounded really mad. He never screamed to me before. I dried my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater, then I stood up slowly. "If we just hand her to them, then we're safe" I said. He shook his head. "No!" He shouted again. "Don't you understand! They also want me, Mai! I'm killing them!" He was really mad. I started to cry again. "They only want Sayumi, because she helped me" He then said in his normal tone. I didn't say anything anymore and sat on the bench again.

It already was becoming dark and that demon still didn't come back. I stood up from the grass I was lying on and walked to the bench where Ryosuke was sitting. "You'll see" I said. "She left us behind. You can't trust a demon". He shook his head. "This is not like her" He then said. I saw that he was thinking. He was already looking to the grass for like a couple of hours. He probably thought that she was in danger. I didn't care if she was. I only thought that she left us behind, that she just ran away. At that time I only became more mad then ever. I looked at Ryosuke again. He didn't look so good, which was also her fault; She was going to get some food, but what Ryosuke didn't knew was that she'll never come back again. I sighed and was going to sit on the bench next to him. I couldn't forgive her for what she did. I heard Ryosuke groaning. I looked at him, he really didn't look good. He stood up but then fell back on the bench again. He didn't eat for like 24 hours. Me neither, but I felt good for some reason. I wasn't hungry at all. Maybe I was just too mad. Too mad to think about food.
"Are you okay?" I asked, but he didn't answer me. I was wondering what I had to do. Maybe I had to go to the store and get some food. But was he going to be okay without me? I thought this couldn't take any longer. 'He needs his energy. He needs it to fight agains the demons' I thought. 'But right now; his energy is on his lowest level' I sighed again. "Ryosuke?" I asked. He didn't answer me. I was wondering how he felt. I stood up. "Lie down" I said, while I helped him to lie down on the bench. "How do you feel?" I asked. Again he didn't answer. "Listen Ryosuke... I won't forgive that for doing this to you" I told him. He looked at me. "I... It's... no.. not... her... fa-ult" He stuttered while he closed his eyes. I didn't want to scream at him, so I said in on my normal tone. "It is" I said, he opened his eyes again. "She just left you here, she doesn't care about you" I said while I saw a tear coming up in his eyes. He then closed his eyes again. I didn't know what to do. Maybe I had to go to the store, but then he would be alone. 'What if a demon comes...?" I thought. 'He probably can't fight back, they will kill him in no time' I felt like I couldn't do anything for him.