Chapter 22

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Ryosuke:

I got scared and took out the knife out of my pocket. “Wait…!” Sayumi said while holding my arm. “It’s her!” I looked and saw the iron stick in her hands. “Mai!” I yelled happily. I ran to her. “Are you okay?!” I asked while falling on the ground to hug her. She shook her head. “How did you escape?” I asked, but she didn’t answer. “Ryosuke… I think she’s in shock.” Sayumi said as she was walking towards us. “I’m not!” Mai said madly. Then I hugged her even more. I was so glad she was alive.  I grabbed her arm and felt something. I looked at my hand. Blood. But not mine. “Are you hurt? You’re bleeding…” I asked. She shook her head. “A tree branch slit my arm open when I was walking in the forest.” She said quietly.

 I still had so many questions for her. But first I took her with me to sit on the bench. She gave me my iron stick and we walked to the bench. “How did you escape?” I asked, while we sat on the bench. “I don’t know.” She said. Sayumi stood behind me, not saying anything. “I could control my body again while the demon was still inside me, I don’t know how. So I grabbed your iron stick and it hurt the demon. He was screaming and screaming and then left my body.” “But then… the demon’s still alive, in a way…” I said. “I think so..” Mai said while looking to the ground. I felt a bit dizzy. Maybe it was because I didn’t eat for hours. I Put my hand on my head. “Ryosuke… Are you okay?” Sayumi asked. I didn’t answer. “Ryosuke?” Mai asked. Again no answer. I stood up, maybe I just had to walk or something. But I was wrong. The last thing I know was the smack when I fell down.

I heard Sayumi and Mai talking. Well, talking…? It was more fighting, if anything. I opened my eyes but all I could see was black. Then I saw Sayumi and Mai. I was lying on the grass. They were quiet immediately when they saw that I was awake. “Ryosuke? You’re awake” Sayumi said. “What happened?” Mai asked. “I already told you; He didn’t eat for hours.” Sayumi answered Mai. “He can talk for himself, right Ryosuke?.” Mai then said. I nodded and was trying to sit. “Why are you guys fighting?” I asked. They didn’t answer my question. “Ryosuke, how are you?” Sayumi said instead, worryingly. “Headache…” I said, while I reached out to the back of my head. I really fell hard on the ground. “You had to eat those berries I gave you. That would have been better than this.” Sayumi said. “Then he might’ve been dead!” Mai said offensively.  “Okay! Don’t fight please?!” I asked. They were both quiet again. “I’m going to the store now.” I said while I was trying to stand up. “Oh no you’re not!” Sayumi said while she grabbed my arm. “You’re too weak, I will go for you.” She helped me sit on the bench. “Are you sure?” I asked. She nodded. “Okay! Be careful!” I said and gave her back her knife. She left. I hoped she would give me one last kiss, but she didn’t. I also hoped she would be back soon and nothing would happen to her.