4.

Like a Puzzle

"Why do you always walk me home, anyways?" 

You looked up at the boy, who just rubbed the back of his head, "I don't know, just because."

You huffed, "Do you know me?" 

Wonho walked a little slower, trying not to get to your house any faster. A minute longer with you is still a precious time.

"No, but I would like to." 

You laughed, "How do you know me anyways?" You continued, "I never seen you at school." 

Wonho breathed, "I'm a year older than you. You probably haven't seen me, since I'm never near your grade." 

You gave a nod, walking slowly, preventing the awkward tension in the air.

"You know me, right?" You asked, kicking the sand, "But I don't know you." 

You stopped and stared up at him, who just looked down at you, "I don't even know your name."

Wonho coughed, "I didn't want to give you my name till later." He whispered, "Just in case."

"Just in case, what?"

He shook his head, "Oh, we're here! Wow, that was fast." He smiled, pushing you towards the door. 

"Wait, can't I know your name at leastㅡ"

"~~~~, is that you?" A voice cut you off, when you turned around to face your mom coming out of the house.

"Oh, mom, hi. This is my friend from school." You introduced the boy, who bowed gently.

"Hello. I'm a friend of your daughter and I just dropped her home. It's nice meeting you." He bowed, "I'll see you next week." He waved, before leaving. 

"Mom, what are you doing out here?" You asked your mom who was walking back and forth.

"We have a problem." She mumbled, "Your dadㅡ"

"Dad? What about dad, is he okay?" You asked worried, holding onto your mother.

"Yes, he's fine, but our houseㅡ" She quietly sobbed, "Your dad's business, it crashed into bankruptcy." She cried, holding onto you, "What are we going to do? How will we pay for our bills? What about your school?"

You stared at her from being shocked to nervous.

"Well, we can always ask our neighbors?" You encouraged.

"We might not pay back for a while, it'll be worse." She gave you a sad smile, "I'm sure we'll find a way." She said, lightening up the mood, "Come on, let's go inside."

With that, you walked inside the house, discussing the matter.

`

Wonho stood behind the side of your building, listening to what your mom had said.

"You need the money?" He mumbled to himself.

He played with his fingers, biting his lips.

"The reason why I didn't tell you my name was because if you found out who I was, you'd look into me. If you look into me, then you would know I'm filthy rich, therefore you wouldn't want to hang out with me anymore." He sighed, putting his head down, "ㅡBut I really like you."

He shook his head, "Maybe I can give her some money, like, lend it to her." He whispered, patting his lips with his fingers, "Orㅡ"

He shook his head again, for the fifth time, "No, no. no. She wouldn't want the money." He cursed under his breath.

"I'll just ask Butler Gil what to do. He knows everything."

Wonho bitterly walked home, without calling his limo, as he was in train of thoughts.

`

Myungsoo threw his backpack on the couch, dragging his feet to the kitchen, to see cold food on the table.

We left food on the table, just in case you got hungry. We're still working, and we might come really late, or not at all, so don't wait for us. If you want more food, I bought ramen and stacked it in the closet, so feel free to eat it. Oh and the neighbors made kimchi, and she asked you to pick it up. You can pick it up now, or later, but if you want some, go ahead and get it now, if you wish. We miss you, our precious son. Don't forget we love you <3 

- Mom & Dad.

Myungsoo smiled warmly, staring and reading the note, while gently putting it down. 

He wasn't in the mood for food right now, therefore he walked up to his room to take a shower.

Coming out fifteen minutes later, he plopped down on the couch, pushing is backpack on the ground, since it was the weekends.

Who needed to do homework right after school? He the television and took out his phone.

In surprise, his phone went up to 15 missed calls from you. Worried, he dialed your number and called you. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, worried about you, "Hello?" He asked again.

"Myungsoo?" You whispered in a low voice, "I need a favor."

Myungsoo nodded, "Anything, what is it? I'm your best friend, I can help you."

"Open your door." You hissed.

Myungsoo cocked his head to the right, walking towards the door to see you glaring at him.

"You know how many times I called you?" You asked, "Fifteen!"

"I was in the shower." He rubbed the back of his neck, "You look sweaty." He groaned.

"I ran here." You huffed.

"Why?"

"I wanted to ask if I can spend the night with you today." You said, playing with your fingers.

"At my house? Why? What's wrong with your house?" Myungsoo questioned.

You shrugged, ignoring the question, "I'll tell you about that later. But can I? Would your parents mind?"

Myungsoo shook his head, "They won't come home today, I know it." He frowned, "What are you doing, come in."

You smiled, walking in, fanning yourself, "I didn't bring my stuff though." 

"First you ask if you can stay for the night and you don't bring anything?" He crossed his arms.

"I was in a hurry, I'm sorry."

Myungsoo sighed, "You're lucky you have a best friend like me." He rolled his eyes, "Get in the shower, I'll bring you some fresh clothes, towels, whatever girls need." 

"Thanks, Myungsoo. You're the best." You hugged.

"I took a shower!" Myungsoo winned, staring at you, narrowing his eyes.

"Sorry, I'm not that sweaty." You pouted.

"Because of you, I have to take another shower." He slowly grinned, "Want to do it together? Save water bills."

You smiled, "Should we?"

Myungsoo's eyes lifted up, "Should we, really?" 

You flung your arms over his head, "Stop watching weird dramas. You don't need to shower. You already did. Besides what kind of best friend showers together?" 

"All best friends do." He said.

"Yeah, the same ." You rolled your eyes, heading towards his bathroom.

"We're the same ! You're a boy." He scoffed, when you closed the bathroom door.

Myungsoo smiled as he saw you go in as he headed to his room. He picked out fresh clothes for you to wear and a towel. 

Walking over to the bathroom, he knocked on the door, as you gently opened it.

"Here, wear this." He said, shoving all the fresh items towards you.

"Thank you. I'll come out in 10 minutes." You remarked, closing the door. 

Myungsoo walked towards the couch and waited for you to come out. 

He then frowned, thinking about what you said earlier.

"I don't understand why she doesn't think of me as a guy." He shook his head, "I am a guy."