26.

Like a Puzzle

 

"What is this about your family?"

Myungsoo shrugged, kicking sand off his shoes, "I don't know."

"Myungsoo, you haven't answered my calls, you didn't show up to school, and your mom said you're out to meet your real family." You emphasized.

"She told you that?" He asked, looking over at you.

"Yeah, now tell me what is going on. What do you mean, your real family?" You asked, walking closer.

Myungsoo thought for a moment before looking at his wrist, "Listen, I have to go."

"Myungsooㅡ"

"I'm sorry, I have to go. My new family are waiting for me. I don't want them to know I'm here. I might get in trouble," He started off, taking a step back, "I'll get you updated some other time."

You couldn't believe what your best friend was saying to you, "Myungsoo."

"I'm sorry, I really am, just please. Wait." 

`

Wonho sat on the bed, not doing anything. He was alone, everyone knew.

Now that Myungsoo was gone, he was alone again, and this is what he feared the most.

"Yo."

Wonho sat up and stared face to face with Myungsoo.

"What are you doing here?" Wonho sneered, when Myungsoo leaned on the door.

"I have to ask you a favor." Myungsoo walked closer taking a seat in front of Wonho with a chair.

"I don't want to know anything." 

Myungsoo shrugged, "Yeah, I guess I can tell you that later. I just need to tell you something, or ask you something."

Wonho looked away, "What?"

"Are you always this alone?" 

Wonho didn't say anything, he didn't want to say yes, but then again, he didn't want to say no, because that would be a lie.

"Why do you want to know that?" Wonho asked, Myungsoo just shrugged again.

"Seems kind of empty. Don't you have like butlers and maids or something like that? Where is everyone?" Myungsoo poked Wonho, "You're a loner, aren't you? You have no friends nor family, don't you?" 

Wonho didn't say a word.

Myungsoo laughed and teased further, "Dang, not so great being rich, huh?" Myungsoo turned to face Wonho when he softened, "Wait, are you serious?"

"Get out, I don't want to talk to you." Wonho demanded.

"You're really lonely here, aren't you?"

"I said, get out!" Wonho yelled, standing up and holding onto Myungsoo's collar, "Yeah, you're right. I am alone. What's so good about being rich when you have no one here for you. Maids, butlers? Psh, you could have them. I don't want them anymore. They are nothing to me. Family? I don't have one." 

Myungsoo released Wonho off of him, "Relax. I was kidding."

"I'm not laughing, nor you. I don't find your joke quite funny." Wonho pointed out the door, "Leave."

Myungsoo smirked, "Fine, whatever." He lifted his hands, "I'm out."

Wonho stared at Myungsoo leave when he grunted. Myungsoo stopped and turned to face him, leaning on the door.

"What? Do you want to make fun of me for not knowing you left? That I'm an idiot? Well, too bad. I already know, so if you pleaseㅡ"

"I was going to say that, actually. But I thought you would be a cry baby and not take it anymore." Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

Wonho's anger furried, "Get out."

"I know, I'm leaving. I just wanted to ask you a favor." Myungsoo narrowed his eyes.

Wonho's eyebrows raised, "And how can I help you?"

"About ~~~~~," Myungsoo started off, "I don't want her to know about our relationship." 

Wonho crossed his arms, "Why do I have to do you a favor?"

Myungsoo sighed, "Because you and I both know we care about her." 

Wonho didn't say anything when he thought for a while, "Fine, I won't let her know."

"Thanks. It means a lot." Myungsoo gave him a small smile before closing the door, "Oh, by the way,"

Wonho looked up to see Myungsoo's smirking face.

"Yeah, you are an idiot. How can you actually believe that lie about the bathroom? Amateur." 

With that, Myungsoo closed the door, letting Wonho fume out his anger.

"That ugly smirk. I wish I can just rip that off."