3.

Like a Puzzle

"Do you at least know his name?"

Myungsoo stared down at you, who just held onto your backpack strap, "I don't know, he didn't say."

You closed your locker and walked towards your class, when Myungsoo followed slowly behind.

"If a stranger offers you to walk home with you, at least ask for his name." Myungsoo narrowed his eyes, stopping you.

"He didn't do much harm anyways. He was helpful." You smiled, "Let's go to class."

You walked off leaving Myungsoo dumbfounded right in front of you.

"Wait for me." He huffed, running towards you and grabbing your arm, "Is he walking you home today, too?"

You shrugged, "Maybe, if I see him." 

"Maybe? Are you crazy? What if he's a stalker?" He gasped, "Or ar?" 

"Myungsoo, stop judging someone when you don't know him. Besides, he didn't do anything, he seems nice." You defended.

"That's what all the nice girls say." Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

You smiled, "You think I'm nice?" You blinked your eyes in a cute way.

"Yeah, nice and stupid." He flicked your forehead, walking towards his class, "Hurry up, bird-brain, you're going to be late."

You growled at Myungsoo before catching up with him.

"Okay."

`

"Mr. Shin?"

Wonho turned his head towards the front of his class as Mrs. Kim walked near him.

"Are you day-dreaming in my class?" She questioned, slapping the ruler on his table, "Are you?"

"No, ma'am. I was just, listening." He coughed, "Looking at the window."

The classed laughed as Mrs. Kim shook his head, "You're a good student, don't blow it."

With that, she walked back to the front, leaving Wonho sighing.

He sulked in his seat, waiting for the bell to ring, because it was almost lunch time. 

Smiling, he hoped you would be there, sitting in your regular spot eat the ugly cafeteria food, "I hope it's good today," He whispered, rubbing his stomach, "I'm hungry."

Couple of minutes passed, ringing the bell as Wonho rushed out to the cafeteria.

He scanned across the room till he found a familiar figure sitting on her regular table, eating the most disgusting food ever: cafeteria food.

Wonho cleared his throat as he stood in line, receiving the tray full of food, as he slowly made towards your table.

You were biting an apple and writing on your notebook. 

You scratched your head, erasing what you wrote, before writing back the same thing, "Myungsoo, you bastard. You said you'll eat lunch with me." You hissed under your breath when someone knocked on the table.

"Hey,"

You looked up with your face full of rice, as you saw a familiar face, "Hi?" 

Wonho sat in front of you and looked at your notebook, "You need help? I can help you if you'd like." 

You swallowed your food hard, "Uhm, yeah. I need help on math, actually. Are you any good?"

Wonho smirked, taking your notebook and pencil out of your hand, "It's easy, you just do this."

With that, his fingers moved gently over the pencil, as he wrote the most easiest answer ever.

"X=5, you got it?" He questioned, looking up at you, whose face was confused, as you blew air in your cheek.

"God, you're cute." Wonho whispered in his head.

"Uhm, a little bit. How did you do step 2?" You asked, leaning closer to the table, trying to get a better view. 

Wonho laughed a little, before standing up and sitting next to you, "You do this."

Wonho showed you how to do it the easy way, when you nodded, "I get it. Wow, you're smart." You said, looking at him.

Wonho smiled, when he came face to face with you. Your eyes were kind, and your smile was really pretty. Your face was white, but not too pale, and your hair, those soft hair he wanted to touch. 

"I can tutor you, if you'd like." Wonho asked.

"Thanks, but my friend tutors me. I don't know why he didn't come to lunch today." You shrugged, "But thanks."

Wonho sulked, "It's fine." He said, crest-fallen, "I'll see you after school though, right?"

You bit your lips, wondering if you should say yes, "Maybe. I'll text you if I can't." You whispered.

"Great, then I'll be waiting for your text." He said, standing up, "I have to go to class early, I'll see you later." He smiled, holding his cafeteria tray.

"Alright, thank you so much. I owe you one." You smiled, going back to your work.

Wonho bit his lips walking towards the trashcan, throwing the food away.

"I was so hungry," He whispered, rubbing his stomach before looking at you again, "But not anymore."

With that, he skipped out of the cafeteria.

`

Myungsoo was looking at his phone, walking towards the cafeteria when a boy skipped by him.

"What theㅡ" Myungsoo murmured, staring at his disappearing figure, "Boys these days." He shook his head.

He walked through the doors to see you when he walked up to you, "Hey, did you do it yet?"

You smiled, "Yup, without your help, that is. I got help." 

"By who? One of those nerds over there?" He questioned, pointing at the boys playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

"Actually, no. The guy I met yesterday." You replied.

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes, "He came back to you?" 

"Yeah, he asked if I needed help, and so he helped. At least he helped me, unlike you." You murmured, eating your rice.

"What does he want from you? Does he like you?" 

"I don't know," You shrugged, "But who wouldn't like me? I'm beautiful." You joked as you laughed, "Just kidding."

"Yeah, you're beautiful," Myungsoo whispered, "But not your personality." He continued.

You glared up at him as you stood up, "Well, I'm done with math now, so I'll be going." You huffed, walking away.

"Hey, you walking home today? I can walk you home." Myungsoo smiled, leaning on the table.

You bit your lips, wondering what to say.

"Uhm, my mom's coming today." You lied, "Maybe next time." You said, rushing out the doors.

Myungsoo pouted, eating your left-over cafeteria food. 

`

You combed your hair with your hands as you saw the boy from earlier. You ran up to him smiling, "Hello."

Wonho opened his eyes, as he banged his head on the locker to see you.

"Are you okay?" You asked, looking at him.

"Oh yeah, sorry. You surprised me." He said, rubbing the back of his head, "Literally."

"Oh, sorry. I just saw you here, and I just wanted to thank you again." You smiled looking around, "I thought you had to go to class, seems like no one is here." 

"Yeah, I guess I came too early." He looked at his watch, "It should open soon."

You looked around again, "I came here to tell you that I will walk with you today."

Wonho smiled and nodded, "Thanks. You came here to tell me that?"

"Yeah," You nodded, "And to tell you thank you for everything." With that, the bell rang when you took a step back.

"I'll see you after school, then." You smiled, walking off.

"Okay," He called back.

He turned around and faced the lockers, banging his head repeatedly.

"My plan is working!" He smiled, "I'm so happy, it doesn't even hurt."

`