12.

Like a Puzzle

"You."

You pointed at the boy in front of you, your eyes sharp, your mouth hanging wide opened, "What are you doing here?"

Wonho walked in front of you and lent out his hand, "Nice to meet you."

You slapped his hand away, glaring at his face, "You're the guy I'm supposed to marry?"

Wonho smirked, "I believe so, why what's wrong?"

You shook your head, this isn't happening. The guy you're supposed to marry isn't the guy that was nice to you the whole time. 

"Whyㅡ"

"Why didn't I tell you?" He cut you off, "Because you were so upset." He looked away, "Let's talk about this when we're alone." He whispered close to your ears, making a shiver go down your spine.

Wonho walked past you, leaving you dumbfounded.

"Hello, mother, father. I am Shin Wonho, your daughter's future husband." He bowed to your parents.

They nodded with a small smile, knowing your heart would be breaking right now.

"Dear, come and sit." Wonho's mother instructed, as you slowly turned to face them.

Wonho patted his side of the couch, "Come, sit."

You slowly walked towards him and sat next to him. You looked up at faced him. He stared back at you and smiled.

You had a shiver running down your spine again.

"You look like someone." You muttered, when you shook your head.

"No, it's nothing, don't worry about it." You said to yourself, as Wonho held your hand, which made you flinch.

"Be calm, ~~~~~." He smiled.

You sulked in your seat. 

`

"What's wrong, dear?" 

Myungsoo didn't look up from his food, "Nothing."

His mom stared at him in dissapointment, "Is it because I made Kimchi stew again? Should I change it?" She stood up from her seat.

"No, no. It's not that at all." He assured, "Your food is delicious as always." He bitterly grinned.

"Then what's gotten into you?" His father questioned.

"You know, ~~~~~~~." He sighed, just thinking about you.

"Yeah, your best friend, who wouldn't?" His father chuckled.

"Well, she's been having trouble at home."

"What kind of trouble?" His mother asked him, who was just playing with the food.

"Her father's company got bankrupted, so she needsmoney." He whispered.

"Tell her to come over! We can help her family." His father smiled.

"Yeah, we can help her until they find some money." His mother agreed.

"That's what I said, butㅡ" Myungsoo choked.

"Son, what's wrong?" His mother exclaimed, walking up to her son, "Tell us, what is it?"

Myungsoo shook his head, "Sheㅡ" He continued, "Her parentsㅡ"

"Tell us."

"Her parents signed a contract with a parent of this boy. He's super rich and he likes her," Myungsoo swallowed hard, "The deal was, they would give her parents money ifㅡ" 

"Ifㅡ" His parents asked.

"If she gets married to him."

`

"Thank you for inviting us." Your parents smiled, bowing to the family in front of you.

"No, thank you for coming. Especially you, ~~~~~, it meant a lot to Wonho." His mom patted his shoulder.

"Yeah, it meant a lot." 

You sneereed at him while turning around, "Let's go, mom."

Wonho held onto your wrist, "Why don't you let your parents go home, first."

You stared at him, "Why?"

"We didn't get to talk, like last time." He winked, "Don't worry, I'll take you home." 

Your parents nodded in agreement before heading off first.

"Let's go somewhere quiet, shall we?" He put a hand in front of you to take, which you brushed it away.

"Let's just go somewhere."

He smiled as he saw you walk in front of him, when he followed behind.

"What is it that you want from me?" You asked, sitting on a bench that wasn't that far from his house.

"Isn't that a stupid question?" He murmured, "I like you."

"I know you like me, but why did you have to get married to me?" 

"People get married because they like each other." Wonho stated.

"I don't like you." You breathed.

"This why!" He screamed, standing up and glaring down at you.

"You're in love with your best friend, that's why you can't love me." He continued.

"That's not true." You narrowed your eyes.

"You're stupid. It's obviously you like him, yet, you can't tell him." He shook his head, "But it doesn't matter, you're getting married with me."

You stood up, "I didn't know you were like this," You continued, "If I did, I wouldn't have walked with you."

He slowly turned to face you, "Really?"

You nodded, "Yes, really."

"How come you can like your best friend so much, but I can't like you the same?" He asked, in a slow sad tone.

You looked away, "That isn't the same."

"It's the same!" He said, walking towards you, leaning his face towards you, "It's exactly the same."

"Okay," You said, out of breath, walking backwards, "Go ahead, like me, but I won't like you." You threatened.

He gave you a sweet smile, the same smile he would give you when you saw him.

"We'll see about that."

`