21.

Like a Puzzle

Butler Gil walked up the streets until he stopped, looking over at the paper in front of him.

"I guess, this is it?" He asked himself when he slowly knocked on the door.

A woman opened the door when she smiled, "Can I help you?"

Butler Gil nodded, when he rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm looking for the parents of Kim Myungsoo?" 

She pointed to herself, "That would be me." She looked at him, "Did our Myungsoo do something wrong?" 

He shook his head, "No, nothing to worry about." He assured, "I came here to talk to you." 

She stared at him, "Me?"

"Yes, you ma'am. I have some questions regarding about Myungsoo." He mumbled.

She nodded, "Oh, please come in." She opened the door wider to make Butler Gil come in.

"Thank you." 

She walked behind him, "Would you like some tea?" She offered.

"No thank you. I just came here to ask you questions." He said when he sat down after she offered a seat.

"Yes, I'm glad to answer. What is it that you want to know?" She asked.

He leaned over towards you, "Do you happen to know the Shin resident?"

`

"Let's go eat ice cream after school."

You pulled away from the lockers, "Wonho's walking me home today."

He shrugged, "Who cares? We're getting ice cream."

"Myungsoo, please stop. I don't want to anger Wonho, I skipped our last date because of you anyways."

He smiled, "I know. Go ahead and walk with him then, I'll go over to your house later and give you ice cream."

You gave him an okay sign, "That sounds like a plan."

You hugged your books and walked towards your next class to see Wonho waiting for you.

He smiled, "~~~~~!" He waved as he ran towards you.

You looked at him as he smiled and skipped over at you when he tripped a little and bumped into you.

He held onto your shoulders until he pushed back from you, "Oh, sorry."

You giggled, "It's okay. Why are you so excited?"

"Because I get to see you. I was waiting for you." 

You softened. Wonho was always so sweet to you. You can tell that he liked you very much. You were just so confused.

"Why do you always wait for me?" You asked when he handed you something between your fingers.

You looked down to see a small rose.

"What's this?"

He rubbed the back of his head, "I picked it outside of our school. I know we weren't supposed to, but I wanted to, because I wanted to give this to you."

You softened more, "Why?"

"I want you to start your morning off with a flower. It'll make your day." He took a step back, "I'll see you after school." He waved.

You waved back when he ran back to the other side of the school, when the bell rang. 

You saw him stop abruptly when you saw the teacher walking out, "Shin Wonho," She cursed.

He bowed and apologized, as he ran in class.

You couldn't help but have a smile on your face, as you took a look down on the rose he gave you. It was small, yet beautiful.

Forgetting about Myungsoo's ice cream delivery later at night, you only thought about Wonho as you stared at the rose the whole day.

`

"There are a lot of people with the last name Shin, I don't know which one you are asking for." Myungsoo's mom chuckled.

"The one you got the baby from."

She stopped chuckling when she looked at him, "Who are you?"

Butler Gil gave a short smile, "It's me, Gil Chang Shik." 

She gasped in horror, "How did youㅡ Why?"

"You thought I couldn't find you? I have been looking for you all these years, but you ran away and hid. You were here the whole time?" 

She shook your head, "I've been here the whole time. Where have you been?" She asked.

He pointed across the street, "Not that far from you."

She looked away, until she stared back at him, "Do you mean that your masterㅡ"

"You're right. They go to the same school." 

She gasped for air as she slowly felt light headed, "How is that possible?" 

Butler Gil held onto her, "Listen to me." 

She looked at him with fearful eyes, "What?"

"Your son and our master." He continued, "They've met."

She widened her eyes, "How didㅡ"

"They've met and they're fighting for one girl." He looked at her, "Your son's best friend."

"Then the boy she's supposed to marryㅡ"

Butler Gil nodded, "Yes."

With that, Myungsoo's mom passed out.

`