11.

Like a Puzzle

Wonho straightened his tie, looking at himself in the mirror, combing his hair with his fingers.

He buttoned his sleeves and straigtened the end of his suit, taking out the eye-cutter from his pockets.

He lifted it up to his eye-level thinking about how he would try to impress you everyday.

Smirking at his pathetic actions, he cut his eyebrows slowly, slipping it back in his pocket.

He stood across from the mirror, looking how he looked like for today, because it was a special day today.

Today was the day he met you, the day he showed you that the guy you were marrying, was and has been him all the time.

"Are you ready?" He asked bitterly through the mirror.

He walked off from his door and closed the door, going downstairs, waiting for you.

`

You combed your hair and stared at the beautiful curls at the end of your head. 

Straightening your light blue dress, you thought about the conversation you and Myungsoo had last time.

"What do you mean, us? There is no us." You murmured.

"Don't you dare say there is nothing between us." Myungsoo grit his teeth, "There is more than friendship in our relationship. You and I both know that." 

You gave out a bitter smile, "Tell me, what do we have, then?" 

"We were both afraid of our feelings, don't you know? You liked me, I liked you, but we both didn't know that. We didn't want to ruin our frienship." He glared.

"You're right. I liked you, ever since I met you, I sincerely do. But, what's the point now? I'm a married lady." You gave our a sarcastic laugh, "I'm married."

"Don't you have a mouth? Don't you have a voice? Why can't you say no?"

"Do you think I didn't say it? I said it so many times, but what's the use? There's a contract. A contract." You narrowed your eyes, "I can't get out of it."

He held onto you, "You can't do this. Especially now." He begged.

You released your grip, "Myungsoo, you said you knew me, right? You said you knew everything about me, since I was your best friend, right?" You continued, "How come you didn't know my feelings?" 

"How about you? You didn't know my feelings, either!" Myungsoo deflated.

"Maybe, because I didn't think of you as a best friend." You whispered, walking backwards, "We both can't do this, let's just stop, here." You bitterly walked passed him.

"What are we going to do, then?" He whispered, as you stopped.

You turned around, "Congratulate me. You are my best friend, right?" You said, walking back home.

"Fine, congratulations." 

"Are you ready?"

You looked to the side to see your parents wearing fancy clothes as well, "Let's go."

You stood up from your seat and walked out of the house and into the car.

You closed your eyes, knowing that you would be going to that mansion again, where you would know be living at.

Of course you had a relief in your chest, knowing that you weren't getting married today, you were just meeting the boy.

Oh, how you hated the boy.

You hated the boy so much. You didn't wait to see who this boy was. 

You bitterly sat on the seat when a text message came. 

It was from the boy that always walked home with you.

"Good luck on meeting the guy today." It read when a smile placed on your lips.

"Thank you. By the way, what is your name? You never told me." You replied, when a response came shortly after.

"My name. You will soon now." 

You closed your phone, "What does he mean?" You whispered, when your parents stopped the car.

"We are here, get out now." They motioned you to get out as you opened the door and looked at the rich house again.

You swallowed hard and walked in gently, your heels clicking on the white marble floor, to be aquainted by the woman again.

"You look beautiful, darling." The woman smiled, walking up to you and giving you a quick hug.

"Wonho will be down in a minute, please sit down." She said, as you sat on the couch across from her. 

An empty seat was placed right diagonal of you as you bitterly stared at it, "That's where he will be seating." You said to yourself.

A man came down the stairs as you stared at him. He stared at you back and bowed, as you did the same.

"Master Shin is coming down, right now." He replied, standing near the walls.

"Please, stand. My son will be coming down." 

You stood up and straightened your dress as you kept an eye on the stairs.

A shadow came down slowly as you finally saw the boy you were going to marry.

Your eyes nearly bulged out as you saw his side profile coming down. You looked and tried to look away, but couldn't.

He walked up to you and smiled, the same smile he would give you afterschool.

"Hi, nice seeing you again. I'm Shin Wonho, your future husband."

`