13.

Like a Puzzle

Myungsoo flipped his phone back and forth, wondering whether to call you or not.

He knew that you were meeting his family today, and even the guy you're supposed to marry.

He threw his phone across the room, trying to calm down his voice and his breathing.

A knock came from the door, "Come in."

His mother slowly came with a bowl full of fruits, "I thought you needed some sweets." She smiled.

Myungsoo nodded, "Thanks, mom." 

He walked over and grabbed the bowl from her, as she sat herself down on his bed.

Myungsoo turned around and sat on his chair, "Is there something you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about how you're feeling." She said, patting the bed, "Sit,"

Myungsoo slowly walked over and sat next to his mom, who patted his shoulder.

"You're my son, I know exactly what you're feeling. But I'm not sure which one it is." She continued, "It's either you're angry and upset that your best friend is getting married orㅡ"

"It's that, mom. There's nothing else. I'm just angry that she's getting marriedㅡ"

"No, Myungsoo. Your eyes do not tell me that." She smiled, "You like ~~~~~, don't you?"

Myungsoo blushed. He didn't want to tell his mother, especially. There are some secrets to not be told to your parents.

"Uhmㅡ"

"Myungsoo, baby." She turned to face him, "You are never too late to show your feelings." 

"I did, mom." He shrugged, "She didn't accept it. She said she was going to get married." 

"When is she getting married?"

"I don't know, but not soon, I don't thinkㅡhope not." He breathed.

"You still have time, then." His mother smiled, "You have enough time." 

"But the contract." 

"Think about this," His mother stood up, walking towards the house, "Everything has it's way out." 

Myungsoo cocked his head, "What is that supposed to mean?"

She just smiled, "You're a smart boy, I know you'll know someday."

With that, she walked out the door. 

`

"Hey."

You turned to see Myungsoo standing right in front of you.

"Hi." You weakly said, pulling on your backpack string.

He lifted himself from the wall as he made his way towards you.

"Listen, I'm sorry if I upsetted you last time. I didn't mean to do that." He assured.

"Same here, I'm sorry." You bowed your head.

He lifted your chin, "Let's just forget about everything we talked about, okay?"

You looked at him, "Everything?"

"Yeah, let's just go back as being best friends. You know, nothing about us." He smiled, nodding his head.

You felt your heart drop, "Oh."

"It'll be awkward if anything more happened, right?" 

"Right." You looked down at your shoes.

"So, about your marriage?" He asked, as you looked up.

"Oh, yeah. I met him the other day." You looked away, "Sorry for not getting you updated. You know you get mad when I don't update on you."

Myungsoo chuckled.

"Yeah, that's true." He continued, "Who is this lucky boy, anyways?"

You opened your mouth when the bell rang, "I'll let you know later, okay?"

He nodded, "Sure, call me." He winked, when he walked off.

"Oh, by the way," He looked over at you, "Tell the guy that walks you home that you're getting married. Maybe he'll stop bothering you." He winked, walking off.

You stared at Myungsoo's back.

"I'm getting married to him, though."

`

"Did you tell him, yet?"

Wonho held your hands as you were walking towards your house.

"No, I didn't get a chance to." You breathed heavily.

"He has to know sooner or later, don't you think?" He asked you when you nodded.

"Yeah, I'll find the time." You said, walking towards your door, "Well, I'm going to leave now. Thanks for walking me home." 

You opened your door knob, when Wonho hugged you from behind.

"Can't you at least smile when you're with me?" 

You just stood there.

"I'm tired of seeing you not smile when you're around me. You used to blush, smile, and laugh when we walked home together. This marriage shoudn't change our relationship." 

You released yourself out of his grip, "It already did."

Wtih that, you walked into your house, closing the door in front of Wonho.

`

"Master Shin!"

Butler Gil tried to stop Wonho who was throwing things in his room.

"Why, why, why!" He yelled again.

"Please, stop. You will hurt yourself." Butler Gil said.

"I already am hurt!" He yelled, tears forming in his eyes, "I'm already hurt."

"Please, master Shin."

"Why doesn't she love me. What does her best friend have that I don't have?" He whispered.

He fell to the floor, "Tell me."

Butler Gil held onto him softly, as he cried.

"I don't know," He repeated, "I don't know."

`