Heart to heart 2

Difficult love.

  "~~~, the stars are really pretty tonight." Daehyun broke the quiet atmosphere. "Yes there are, really pretty." You sipped the warm milk while looking at the stars. "~~~?" Daehyun called your name with his sweet voice and turned to you. "Yes?" You turned to him as well. "I hope you don't mind me asking you.. Something happened last night right?" He asked slowly. "Last night? No, nothing happened." You shook your head with a fake smile. *Pabo. I know you're faking it.* Daehyun knew it. He knew you too well. "I'm sure something happened. Mind sharing with Oppa? I know it might be hard for you to tell me but ~~~.. I can help you. I will help you." He squeezed your hand, giving you a sense of security. You took in a deep breath. *Should I? I guess it's better for me to tell Oppa. Oppa will understand me. I hope.*

  "Oppa, you know that I have a crush on Kris right?" He nodded. "I-I saw Kris.." You swallowed your saliva really hard to prevent tears from rolling down. "I-I.." You didn't know what to say. You couldn't speak properly actually. Daehyun gave you a squeeze in your shoulders and pulled you closer to him. "Oppa kissed Reom." Immediately after telling him you buried your face and started crying into Daehyun's shoulders. "I-I a-and I I saw it." You mumbled in his shirt. Daehyun put his warm milk down and took you in for a tight hug immediately. He knew what to do. Hugs were the best. For you. He hugged you tightly in his muscular arms and swayed you from left to right, gently patting your back, hoping it would make you better. Maybe it did. Though you were still crying, out loud, you had a sense of security, in Daehyun's arms. You loved the way he hugged you. It was tight, yet not suffocating at all. You looked up to him, crying a little softer. "Oppa.. It hurts here. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart, trying not to let me breathe. I can't breathe-e." You pointed to your chest as you breathed hard.

 

  Seeing you so hurt, Daehyun had the urge to throw a punch in Kris's face. You were his one and only sister since the others are boys. Therefore, the more he felt like he had to protect you. "I'm sorry, baby girl. I couldn't protect you in time." Daehyun looked at you feeling helpless. "I'm really sorry." He hugged you tighter and caressed your hair. You wanted to tell him it was not his fault but you couldn't. How could you when you were crying so badly? Breathing was already a problem. You just gave him a tighter hug. 

  That night, you told everything to Daehyun. You told him exactly what you saw and about Kai who came to comfort you. Kai's image was changing, to Daehyun. At first, Daehyun felt that Kris was a nice boy and that Kai was a player. Yes, that was true. In the past. But it seems like they had exchanged roles. Daehyun felt a little disappointed in Kris. A little angry as well. You also told Daehyun about Kai's confession though you know that he would not support the relationship.

  "Oppa, Kai confessed to me yesterday.. And i don't know what to do.." You just wanted to let everything out. Keeping everything to yourself feels just so suffocating. But surprisingly, he told you the opposite. "Make a wise choice. Know who you actually love. Don't regret after you make the decision, you would hurt both parties. But one thing for sure is that, your brothers wouldn't acknowledge anyone so easily. But no matter what, persevere. Araso?" That was all Daehyun told you. He cleaned your tears with his soft yet firm thumb and smiled to you. "Hwaiting." He pumped his fist up in the air. You felt comforted by the gesture and let a tear fall as you smiled. 

  Sometimes, you wondered if Daehyun was actually your brother. He was so different from your other brothers. Unlike your brothers, Daehyun would support you even when it comes to relationship. You doubt your other brothers would give in so easily if you told them you want a partner. Daehyun was just so supportive. Your other brothers were too but, Daehyun was more supportive. He was more open. That's what you feel about it. Especially Yongguk and Youngjae, these two would be the hardest to tackle.

  "Oppa, if. What if. Just if. I like someone who isn't quite on good terms with you?" You thought of Woohyun. You wanted to just ask, to see Daehyun's reaction. Just ask since Woohyun might be one of your choices. "I'll be on an even worse term with him and I make sure he would stop seeing you. And I'm gonna attack him." Daehyun gritted his teeth and his eyes turned really scary for that moment. You shifted a little away from him with fear, like a kid hiding from her mad daddy who just came back home from a drink. "I was just kidding!" He pulled you back close to him and broke into a laughter. "Yah, Oppa! I thought you mean it!" You smacked him in his arm as hard as you could, which wasn't pain to him. At all. "Ouch." Daehyun rubbed the spot where you hit him and pouted. "~~~-ah, just know that I'll support you in whatever you do. No matter what." He ran his fingers through your hair. "No matter what?" You looked at him with your big doe eyes. "Yes, no matter what." He promised. "Even if he's my enemy, I'll try to accept him. If he accepts me. Just don't forget me. We're still gonna have our heart to hearts." He smiled and squeezed your hand. Your nose turned sour immediately. "Oppa, thanks for being so understanding I will never forget you. Oppas are all first, together with him." You tried to control your tears. "Silly, you don't have to thank me. It's only right for me to do this. Don't cry. Big girls don't cry. And if you do, you would be ugly!" Daehyun joked before chuckling. "Oppa, will still love me even though I'm ugly." You said confidently, putting your hands on your hips. "Depends. On my mood." Daehyun burst out into laughter again, earning a jab at his side from you.

  The night then turned from cries to laughter. Daehyun joked a lot. You could tell he was trying hard to cheer you up. And he did. He succeeded. Kris didn't pop up in your mind anymore. Neither did Reom. "Remember, if he ever bully's you. Tell Oppa. He's gonna be in deep . He's going down." Daehyun showed the 'boo' sign which made you giggle. *I know they're going to kill me for encouraging ~~~ to get into a relationship but it. She deserves her freedom. I guess it's time to let her go. I'll be the first to let her go then.* "Drink up, it's cold already." Daehyun pointed to your milk. You nodded and finished it immediately. 

  "Come on, it's time to go back. It's getting cold out here." Daehyun took his coat out just like a gentleman and covered you with his coat. "Oppa, saranghae." You did a huge heart with your two hands above your head. "Nado saranghae." He kissed your forehead and both of you headed back to your room.

  "Sleep well my girl." He kissed your forehead again, like a mother who was tucking her baby to sleep. Daehyun pulled the blanket and covered you up till your neck. "Goodnight Oppa." You hugged him for the last time before he walked over to switch off the table lamp. "Goodnight." He blew you a kiss with a wink which made you giggle before leaving the room.

Song of the chapter : EXO, What is love.

It's gonna end soon.