Please, if you love him

Summer Rain

You woke up to find yourself in an unfamiliar place. Your body felt heavy that you couldn’t move one bit. The room door slid and the nurse came in, “oh, Minah-ssi, you’re a wake” she removed the IV needed from your veins. “What am I doing here?” you whispered and tried to push yourself up to sit. “You fainted, and don’t move too much”, she helped you up, “you were so close to having a miscarriage.” She concluded.

“Mis- what?” you stared at the nurse as if she had two heads, “Y-you mean, I’m pregnant?!” your eyes widened in surprise. “Yup, it’s been a month, you should have felt some signs already” she reminded.

Then it all came to you, the nauseas feeling when eating, the drowsiness you felt everyday, and the constant feeling of using the bathroom. “oh no….” you sighed.

The door opened once more, and Mrs. Wu stepped in, “Minah-ah…” she sat on the bed beside you, “are you feeling better now?” she took your hands and lighted patted them with hers, “Yes omonim” you quietly said. She took a deep breathe, “Minah, you can’t keep the baby” she uttered, “it’s for Kris’ future, and yours”

You were taken aback by her message, and you didn’t know what she was implying, “Omonim…what are you trying to say?” you hoped this wasn’t leading to what you have guessed. “What I mean is, please abort the baby, Kris doesn’t need any more burdens in his life”.

“B-burden? Am I… his burden?” your eyes became filled with tears, “omonim, am I a burden to Kris right now?”

“I’m sorry Minah, but I can’t see Kris worrying about you like this everyday” she stood up, “his father brought him to China for business, but also for him to meet someone else” she coldly said. "I scheduled the surgery for tomorrow, and after the surgery secretary Park will bring you to the airport"

"Airport? Where am I going?" your head filled with confusion. "You'll see. Secretary Park will bring you home, I put the related documents in the car, he will give them to you later" she opened the door to leave, "so please, if you love him, then please do as what I say" she gave you one last glace before exiting the room.