Make up

Summer Rain

 

"Chanbin-ah, why don't you go in to the bedroom and let mommy and daddy have a talk?" You put him down, and he willingly obeyed.
 
*I can't avoid him forever* you made up your mind.
 
You two sat on the opposite ends of the couch. Like beautiful strangers.
 
"Are you really going to bring him back?" Kris' first question caught you off guard. "Ye-yes, I am" your voice shook, "we're going back to where we belong".
 
"Where you belong is here, Choi Minah. In Seoul! Not Busan!" Kris corrected. "I HAVE NOTHING LEFT THAT'S HERE!" You cried in frustration, "my appa is gone, and so is my oppa. I'm not the same Choi Minah anymore, why don't you understand!" You clinched onto your hair and curved down in tears. 
 
You completely broke down. The first time in 5 years. Being back in this old place brought you back the pain of everything. Kris knew that nothing he says next can calm you down, so he just moved beside you and rubbed your back in a soothing rhythm. 
 
"I was like a princess, the pearl within a palm, I had the perfect life, with the perfect Prince Charming, I was the Choi Minah" you cried, "I miss those days... " you closed your eyes.
 
"I can't come back to the place where I had lost everything, you understand right, Kris oppa? I can't let people know that I'm back, everyone probably thinks I'm dead" you sniffed within breaths, "and all the negative attention will be shifted to Chanbin, when I disappeared for 5 years and comes back with a son, I just want him to live a normal life oppa..." You voiced your concern, "I want him to have a carefree childhood, something that he won't have if they know that he is our son"
 
Kris carefully straighten you up and cupped your face to face him, "look at me in the eyes Minah, and listen to what I have to say carefully" he looked into you, "I am Chanbin's father, therefore I have just as much responsibility as you do. You are not alone, and you have not lost everything, you still have me. Nothing has changed since you left 5 years ago, you are still my princess, Choi Minah, and I am still the same Kris Wu that is in love with you. My love for you had never once stopped, or lessened. It has only deepened with the evidence of our love, our precious son, Chanbin. People gave us their blessings before, and they will now too".
 
Kris' every word sank into your head, you were speechless at his confession. All you did was keep looking at him in the eyes, it was impossible to move away from those wanting eyes. "So please, don't give up on us yet" he continued, "We'll fight this together, I won't let you fight things alone ever again" slowly, Kris leaned towards you and wrapped his arm around you in a careful embrace. You stayed still, trying to process all the things that he had just said.
 
Carefully, Kris loosened his hug and straighten his back, "Do you trust me?" He looked into your eyes. You know that you can trust him with your life, and answered with your eyes. *I trust your every word and beyond*
 
Slowly, Kris leaned towards you. Your eyes naturally lid down and waited for those lips that you have been longing for years. His touch was magical, it gave you the same butterflies like it did 5 years ago. To him, your lips are the only key that can open up his heart that has been locked up for 5 years.
 
A tender kiss became passionate, it was almost enough to bring you two to the past. At that moment, you and kris was in a whole new universe. The moment was interrupted by your adorable son-
 
"Mommy, can you help me brush my teeth? I want to sleep now" Chanbin rubbed his eyes with his small hands.
 
You and Kris quickly pulled away for each other, "ye-yes Chanbin-ah, mommy is coming" you quickly got up and walked towards Chanbin. You turn around and met eyes with Kris. 
 
You two smiled at each other, the smile of two proud and loving parents.