Knight in shinning armor

Summer Rain

The next morning, you woke up extra early to finish some last minute errands. You took a nice long bath then got ready for your trip.

When it was almost 11, you waited outside for Chanyeol’s arrival.

To your dismay, he came right on time, “Minah, let me help you carry that” he took your suitcase and loaded it in the trunk. “Gumawo”.

You glanced at your home one more time before getting into the car.

You took out the envelope from your purse and looked at the stuff inside one last time. That that point, you made your final decision, “Chanyeol-ah, can we not go to the hospital?”. Chanyeol looked at you through the mirror, “what? It’s Mrs. Wu’s orders that you-“ “I know, but I cant” you cut him off. “I can’t kill an innocent life, it didn’t do anything wrong” you caressed your belly, “I promise I won’t bail you out, you can just say that I followed her orders and went to Paris”.

Chanyeol went into deep thought about the situation, *she’s right, the baby didn’t do anything to lose its life* “so what are you going to do?” he asked out of curiosity. “I mean, you’re probably not going to Paris either right?”

“I don’t know, but I just can’t go to the hospital right now, so please Chanyeol you need to help me” you begged in plea.

Chanyeol remained quiet, “Chanyeol-ah, I know it’s a hard decision for you as Mr. Wu’s secretary, but I’m not asking secretary Park, I’m asking my friend, Park Chanyeol. So please, can you help me?” you tried one more time.

Chanyeol couldn’t stand you begging him in misery, his heart softened and agreed, “fine, I’ll help you, but only under one condition” he pulled the car over to the side, and turned to you, “if you tell me where you’re going and keep in contact with me”.

You stiffened a bit at the request, “I won’t tell Mrs. Wu or Kris, if that’s what you’re worrying about” *I lost you to Kris once already, I can’t loose you again*, he cleared his throat, “I-I just want to be there for you when you need help, from a friend”, he assured.

You know that you can trust Chanyeol, and complied, “I’m going to Busan, so please take me to the train station”. Chanyeol gave you a light nod and drove towards the station.

----

“Here is your ticket to Busan for 12:15” he handed you the small card, “I’ll wait with you here and help you bring your stuff onto the train” Chanyeol offered, but his phone rang, “Oh, it’s Mrs. Wu…” he said in disappointment.

“It’s okay Chanyeol, I can bring the stuff up myself” you smiled, “I’ll call you when I’m there”

“Araso, be careful” he gave your arm a light squeeze before running off to pick up his phone.

 

“Ne, she’s in the surgery room right now” Chanyeol lied, “okay, I’ll make sure she board the flight to Paris, bye”.

Chanyeol threw his phone onto the passenger seat and laid back on the seat. He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration *I’m sorry Kris, I can’t tell you where she is. It’s my turn to protect her, I’ll be her knight in shinning armor*. He straighten up at the last thought and drove back to his home.