Naive

Summer Rain

 

"CHANYEOL OPPA!" Jennie waved her arms happily in the air. Chanyeol waved back as he approached closer, "welcome back Jennie-ah".
 
Jennie dropped her luggage and dashed towards Chanyeol, "I missed you!!" She jumped right into his broad chest and wrapped her arm around his waist tightly, "I missed oppa the most when I was in Canada" she mumbled.
 
Chanyeol awkwardly hugged her, "Jennie, not here... There are people watching" he looked at the judging eyes around them. "I don't care! I haven't seen you for 3 years" she hugged tighter. 
 
Noticed that Chanyeol isn't hugging her back, she stopped, "Fine, I know oppa was avoiding me whenever I messaged you. So I'm just a little happy that you actually came and picked me up today" her voice shook. She turned back and picked up her luggage, "Chanyeol oppa, please drop me off at Paradise Inn in Daelim, I'm not going home" she said coldly. 
 
"Give me your suitcase" he helped her with her luggage and walked towards the car. 
 
Jennie followed behind him, her eyes became watery, *Pabo oppa, why can't you see me, why can't you see how much I like you* she whipped her tears, *you're actually hurting me so much", she signed.
 
Truthfully, Chanyeol knows exactly how Jennie feels, but he just can't bring himself to return those feelings. The way Jennie feels about him is exactly the same way he feels about you. *Sorry to upset you Jennie-ah*, he turned to look at her.
 
----
 
The car ride was silent. Jennie just looked out the window. Listening to music from her phone.
 
"Actually, why don't we drop by my place first", Chanyeol broke the silent, "Kris is going to be there".
 
Jennie looked at Chanyeol, *I knew you wouldn't invite me over for no reason* "Sure, whatever".
 
----
After lunch, the three of you returned to Chanyeol's apartment. Chanyeol had called Kris earlier and told him that he is going to bring Jennie over.
 
"Jennie would be really surprised to see Chanbin and I" you got a bit nervous. You were always Jennie's favorite unnie, she really looked up to you.
 
"Jennie would love Chanbin" Kris assured, "And she's excited to see you, I know it".
 
The door opened, Chanyeol and Jennie came in. You and Kris stood up to greet her, "come here" Kris opened up his arms to hug his baby sister. 
 
"Stop it oppa, you are strangling me" she tried to wiggle herself out of his embrace. "Wow, don't you miss your big bro?"
 
"I do, but-" she looked at you, "I miss Minah unnie more!" She ran to you and hugged you, "unnie, I was surprised when Chanyeol oppa told me that you came back~".
 
"Sorry Jennie, unnie was gone for so long" you felt bad, "but here's someone that I would like you to meet. 
 
"Chanbin-ah, come here" you called, and he ran out from the bedroom. Jennie was taken aback by the appearance of a cute little boy, "omo, he is so cute!" She bent down and pinched his little cheeks.
 
"Chanbin, say hello to your aunt Jennie" Kris told him. "Hi aunt Jennie! I'm Choi Chanbin" he smiled.
 
"Choi..Chanbin?" She took the hint, "Minah unnie, is he your son?" She asked.
 
"Chanbin is our son" Kris cleared the question, "it's a long story, but Chanbin is your nephew".
 
Jennie was stunned by the sudden news. She looked around, and at Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded. She was speechless for a moment, before bursting into excitement, "NO WAY OPPA, congratulations!" She squeezes Chanbin into her arms, "ahhh he is so adorable, and definitely looks alike you and Minah unnie!" She squealed. 
 
"Haha aunt Jennie, you're tickling me" Chanbin giggled. "Oops sorry, you are just too cute!"
 
Kris wrapped his arm around your shoulder as you two watched Jennie play with Chanbin.
 
Chanyeol examined your happiness, *Minah-ah, I'm a fool that just can't get over you".
 
Jennie looked up at Chanyeol, and saw him looking at you, *Park Chanyeol, I'm not stupid, I know the way you feel about Minah unnie, but I can't help it to be naive about it...*  "Anyway, I'm still a bit jet legged, got to get back and rest" Jennie stood up, "it was really nice meeting you Chanbin-ah, aunty will come and play with you tomorrow~".
 
"Where are you going to stay Jennie? Kris oppa told me that you are not going home?" You asked.
 
"Oh. Right, I was going to stay in Daelim....at Paradise Inn..." She said the last part quietly.
 
Your smiled dropped at that name, the hotel that used to belong to your family. Kris noticed your change of mood, "Jennie, why don't you stay at Hyunah's. I bumped into her at Lotte the other day, she was asking me about you, give her a call." He tried to fix things.
 
"Araso oppa" she nodded, "lets go Chanyeol oppa".
 
When the two of them left, Kris tried to make sure that you are okay, "Jennie doesn't know everything, she is still young".
 
"I know oppa, I am fine. Really." You smiled in assurance.