Valentines day

Summer Rain

The weekend ended and Valentines Day is just a few hours away. Kris woke up 3 hours earlier to prepare for the romantic day. He went to the lobby and ordered 1000 roses. He carefully told the hotel workers his plan for today’s surprise, and gave them instructions to follow. With a proud grin on his face, he quickly headed back up before you could notice that he was gone.

You slowly opened your eyes as the sunlight hit though the curtains. You turned to the other side of the bed to find it empty. You slowly sat up and put on your slippers. *Where did he go?* you opened the bathroom door and found no signs of him.

Kris carefully swiped the door card and stepped inside. You heard the door click close, “Kris?” you asked. “Yeah, it’s me” he replied.

“Where did you go so early in the morning?” you yawned. “To watch the sunrise”, he opened a water bottle and gulped it down. “Without me?” you pouted, a little bit disappointed. “It was hard to wake Ms. Sleepy head up, I tried” he leaned in and softly kissed your forehead, “happy valentines day my love”. Your heart fluttered with affection, now you can totally forgive him for not waking you up. You tippy-toed and gave him a peck on the lips, “you too Kris, I love you” you closed your eyes and wrapped your arms around him. He also wrapped his arms around your waist ever-so-gently, as if a slightly tighter grip will break you. With your head testing on his chest, you could hear his rapidly beating heart.

The whole day was filled with different events set by Kris. In the morning, you two went for a walk on the beach, hand in hand. You saw a kid selling shell jewelleries and bent down to see. “Look oppa, this is so pretty~” you held up a shell necklace. “Do want it?” Kris asked. You nodded. “How much is this necklace?” Kris asked in his perfect English. He paid for it and helped you put it on your neck. “Wow, yeppeuda~” he complimented.

The peaceful morning follows by a barbeque lunch by a cottage he had rented. Kris skilfully grilled the chicken wings and sipped on his ice cold beer. You were inside putting together chicken and bacon shish kabobs while watching a Korean drama on the iPad. “Ow” you winced as a stick pocked your finger, “stop doing two things at the once, if you want to make shish kabobs, then don’t watch your drama”, Kris said from outside. “Araso!” you turned off the iPad and joined him in the patio.

“Cheers” you two bounced beer bottles and gulped down the ice cold liquid. “ahh, mashda” you wiped your lips with the back of your hand and ate another shish kabob.

 

After lunch, you and Kris took a mini surfing lesson. He got the hang of it quickly and surfed off like he’s been doing it all his life. You, on the other hand, was a disaster. You would fall back into the water even before standing on the surfing board properly. Eventually, you gave up and just watched Kris from the beach.

Exhausted from a whole afternoon of surfing, Kris finally called it quits. He got back on land to find you asleep on the long chair. Kris watched you as you were still in deep slumber. He curled the strand of hair that was in front of your face behind your ear and whispered, “hey wake up sleepy head, the sun is going to set if you don’t wake up”. Upon hearing this, you opened your eyes immediately, “aish, you scared me”, you jumped as you saw Kris’ face just centimetres away from yours. He pulled you up from the chair and wrapped his arm around your slender waist.

You two walked along the beach until the sun was beginning to set. “Let’s sit here” Kris led you to sit on the sand. You rested your head onto his broad shoulders, and interlaced your fingers with his. Together, you two watched the sunset for the first time.