Wimp

Summer Rain

After a long day of working in the shop, you kept your promise and treated Daehyun to ice cream.

“Aish, my back hurts” Daehyun complained, punching his lower back with one hand, while holding the ice cream with the other, “but thanks for the ice cream noona~” he his cone.

You two waited by the bus stop, but the bus took too long to come, so you two decided to walk home. You thought it was a good chance to get to know each other better.

You kicked the pebbled on the ground while listening to Daehyun telling you about his friends, “and Zelo, he really looks up to Yongguk hyung too” he grew excited whenever at the mentioning of Yongguk “you should really meet them one day!”.

“They sure sound like an interesting bunch” you beamed, “you should bring them home one day, I’ll make you guys pancakes” you suggested. “I always bring them home when umma is out of town, she doesn’t like my friends as much as I do” he pretended to pout, “but anyway, enough about me, let’s talk more about noona” his attention turned to you.

“Me? There’s nothing much to know, everything about me is pretty much exposed in the media….” you let out a soft sigh. “True, but you know me, I never pay attention to the news, nevertheless stupid paparazzi ” he blew his bangs away from his face, “so tell me, who is this bastard?” you gave him a confused looked, “I mean, who’s the wimp that got you pregnant and left you?” he cleared his statement.

“Kris didn’t leave me” you said in defense, “I left him because I’m the wimp, I can’t see his career going down the drain because of me”.

Daehyun took a second and studied your face, you looked more distressed then ever at the topic, “but you’re not the only one who made this stupid mistake” he protested, “if he had just kept himself in his pants then-” “ENOUGH” you yelled in frustration, “let’s not talk about this anymore. We’re here, I’m going to my room” you sped inside. Before Daehyun could realize, you two have already arrived at the front of the house.

---

After this incident, Daehyun never mentioned Kris again. You often helped out Jung umma at the shop and adapted to your new life in no time. A week had passed by since you had left Seoul, but you didn’t keep in contact with anyone but Chanyeol.

Mrs. Wu would ask Chanyeol for your new phone number every now and then, but Chanyeol would lie and say you haven’t talked to him since you left for Paris.

----

Kris had been texting you everyday, but to his dismay, you didn’t reply to any of his texts. He grew worried and came back to Korea as soon as the week was over.

He went to your house first, but no one answered the door. He asked around the neighbors and found out that your house was sold a week ago. He went to all the possible places that you might be at, but there were no signs of you.

He finally gave up and called his last resort, hoping that maybe he can answer his question.