Together

Summer Rain

 

The next morning, Daehyun dropped you off at the train station. You jumped off the truck, “thanks Daehyun” you smiled at him before closing the door.
 
You turned to leave but Daehyun called you, “noona, are you sure that you are okay with going alone? I can tell umma and –” “It’s okay Daehyun, I’ll be fine” you cut him off, “I better get going, I’ll call you and Jung umma when I get there” you assured.
 
Your back disappeared into the crowd of busy people rushing in and out of the train station. Daehyun sat in the truck and watched you until you are completely out of sight, *Noona, you are going to come back right? You are not going to leave me right?* Daehyun sighed in his seat. Truthfully, he hated the fact that you are going back to Seoul, going back to Kris, and possibly starting over with him. 
 
----
 
Soon, you arrived in Seoul.
 
During the train ride, you couldn't stop thinking about all the things that awaits for you in Seoul. All the media attention, your past, Kris' mother, and Kris. *Aish whatever, I'm here to bring back Chanbin, that's all!* you shook off the thoughts in your head.
 
The train came to a full stop and you stepped out. You inhaled in a deep breath, "Seoul, I'm back..." You smiled to yourself. At this moment, you realized how much you had missed this place, the place that brought you life, the place where you and your family once happily lived, and the place where you had met the love of your life.
 
Beep 
Your phone rang. A text message from Chanyeol.
 
From Chanyeol:
Minah, Mrs Wu called me in, can't pick you up, sorry :(
 
You were about to reply to Chanyeol saying that it was okay when a hand tapped your shoulder.
 
You quickly sprung around and met a pair of familiar eyes. You froze for 3 seconds before opening your mouth to say something. Kris cut you off before you even made a sound, "did you see a ghost?" He teased.
 
You shook your head, "no no, I was just surprised that you came.... How did you know that I was here?" You asked the most stupid question. Of course you know why he's here, because Chanyeol told him. They are best friends, and Chanyeol is his secretary. Mrs Wu calling him in was probably a lie too, you thought.
 
"Never mind" you waved your hand "I'm just glad that you came" you forced a smile.
 
Kris lead you to his car and open the door for you like the gentlemen he is. 
 
You stared out the window while Kris drove. You didn't even bother asking him where you two were going. For a while, you forgot about what has happened in the past 5 years and just reminisced your place in this city. *Appa...oppa... I miss you guys* a tear escaped your eye. So much has happened since the death of your father and the mysterious disappearance of your older brother.
 
"My oppa should be safe right?" You broke the long silence.
 
Kris shifted his attention from the road, "Siwon hyung will be fine, where ever he is. I'm sure that he will contact you when the time is right" Kris squeezed your hand in assurance. You felt safe at that moment. 
 
"Anyway, how is Chanbin doing?" You worried, "he has never been away from me for this long".
 
Kris turned to you and smiled, "I'm taking you to him right now", he assured.
 
5 minutes later, the car pulled into a luxurious apartment complex.
 
You know this place, "Chanyeol's place?" You asked to make sure.
 
Kris nodded, "Chanbin is upstairs waiting for you" 
 
"You took him from you mother?" You asked, amused. Kris nodded a second time, "Come on, lets go up to see our baby" he smiled.
 
----
Chanyeol opened the door, "welcome back Minah" he gave you his signature smile. 
 
You lightly punched his left shoulder "how can you lie to me! You made me worry all night and the whole train ride here! Why didn't you tell me that Chanbin was here all along" you punched him again. Before you can leave some bruises on his shoulder, little foot steps ran towards you.
 
"MOMMMMMMMY" Chanbin dashed towards you.
 
You bent down to his level and opened your arms. OOF he landed in your embrace. 
 
"Sorry baby, mommy couldn't protect you" you caressed the back of his head. 
 
"Grandma is so scary, but daddy saved me!" Chanbin pointed to Kris. *Daddy* you replayed the way Chanbin called Kris. He sounded so innocent and sweet. 
 
"Stop standing there and get comfortable" Chanyeol interrupted, "I still have some paper work to organize at the office, and probably won't come back tonight, so I'll leave the apartment to you three" he continued.
 
"Chanyeol, you don't have to, I'm just going to bring Chanbin ba-" "YES that sounds like a great idea!" Kris cut you off, "thanks man, I owe you one, after you finish this set of paper works, I'll allow you 2 weeks of vacation" Kris bribed. 
 
"Yeah yeah, whatever man" Chanyeol closed the door behind him, leaving you three some private time.