Going back

Summer Rain

Yongguk set you onto the couch, “sit here, I’ll get you something warm to drink”.

Zelo came back with the first aid kit, “noona, this might stain a bit” he took your hand and sanitized your bruised knuckles. *nothing is more painful than my heart right now* you thought.

Yongguk came back and put the tea on the table, “Zelo, go call Daehyun right now, tell him to come home immediately”, Yongguk ordered, “Okay hyung”.

---

20 minutes later, Daehyun raced into the door, “WHAT HAPPENED, WHERE’S NOONA?” he panicked. “We’re in the living room” Zelo called, and Daehyun darted in, “Noona…” Daehyun has never seen you so miserable before.

He came closer and sat beside you, “Did something happen with Chanbin?” he asked. Daehyun knew that you would only be like this if it involved Chanbin.

You took a deep breath and finally spoke up, “they took him”.

Zelo and Yongguk looked at each other in confusion, ‘who’s they?’ Yongguk mouthed, Zelo shrugged.

“They….as in Chanbin’s father’s side?” Daehyun questioned, and you nodded. More uncontrollable tears began to fall, “Noona, don't cry, we’ll get him back!” Daehyun pulled your head into his chest, *I hate seeing you hurt* he sighed.

You tugged onto his sweater sleeve and bawled in his shoulders.

---

After you finally calmed down, the boys and you sat in a circle for discussion. You also confessed your past to Yongguk and Zelo. They never questioned where you came from when they first met you, because Daehyun just simply introduced you as his cousin from Seoul.

“So..you’re the Choi Minah that was always on the papers?” Yongguk finally knew, “no wonder I thought you looked familiar…” he confessed.

“So what are we going to do now? I say we go to Seoul and steal Chanbin back!” Zelo pumped his fist into the air. Daehyun poked his forehead, “Maknae, it’s not that easy, we can’t just steal him back” he shook his head, “we need to go to the authorities!” he suggested.

Yongguk objected, “we can’t let the police know, words are going to get out. Didn’t Minah say she doesn’t want people to know her where abouts?” he reminded. Zelo and Daehyun nodded in agreement.

“Then what can we do?” Zelo blurted.

“I’m going back to Seoul”, you finally spoke, “I have nothing to lose right now, they can talk all they want. I just want my son back” you made your final decision and headed back to your room. *This is it Choi Minah, you need to stop being a wimp and come out now* you convinced yourself.

The boys looked at each other, dumbfounded, *So noona is going to leave me?* Daehyun felt his heart squeeze in pain.

---

You picked up your phone to call Kris, to see if he was a part of this. However, you weren’t ready to talk to him after today’s events. Instead, you called Chanyeol and told him what happened.

“Chanyeol, you have to help me, I need to find Chanbin” you cried. “I will Minah. I can't believe she would do this” he sighed, “I’ll pick you up tomorrow….and if you don’t mind…you can stay over at my place” he offered. You were unaware of his feels for you, so you agreed, “of course I don’t mind. Thank you for taking me in Chanyeol” you softly said, “well then, I’ll have to pack..I’ll see you tomorrow” “Okay, good night”, Chanyeol longed for tomorrow to come, because he was going to see you again..

Chanyeol’s phone rang again, and this time it was Kris. *why is he calling me at this time?* he thought, “ayo wuddup Kris?”

“I’m outside of your condo right now” Kris replied. Chanyeol sighed, “Alright, come up”, he pressed open the building door.

Chanyeol waited and opened the door for Kris, “Did you just come back?” he asked, “I came back this morning” Kris sat on the couch, “I think there are a lot of things we need to talk about” he hinted. Chanyeol knew exactly what he was talking about, “Right, about that” he sat beside Kris.

“Why did you lie to me? You knew exactly where she was, you even visits her. Didn’t you know how desperate I was trying to look for her?” Kris said.

Chanyeol leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, “Kris, there are a lot of things in this world that are beyond our control, and this was one of them. I really wanted to tell you, believe me, I did, but that would’ve only complicated things. You know your mother, she forbids anyone to go against her words, and that even includes her own son”

Kris was confused by Chanyeol’s words, “what do you mean? What does my mother have to do with this?”

Chanyeol pinched the bridge of his nose, “I see, so Minah didn’t tell you after all” he decided to tell his best friend the truth, “Remember when you came to me 3 years ago, and I told you to ask your mother? Well, she found out about Minah’s pregnancy and forced her into abortion. She also planned to send her to Paris, but of course Minah wouldn’t let that happen, so she ran away. Your mother left the job to me, so I lied and told her Minah had followed her orders and went to Paris. And this is why she is in Busan right now” Chanyeol explained.

Kris looked at Chanyeol, dumbfounded, “how can I be so gullible” he sighed in remorse. “And I let my mother talk to her the other day, Minah must’ve been really hurt” Kris got up, “That’s it, I’m going to Busan to bring her and Chanbin back”.

Chanyeol pulled him down, “no need to, Minah is coming here tomorrow” “What…why all of the sudden?” Kris questioned. “Your mother took Chanbin here” Chanyeol said in frustration, “she stole him from Minah”

“No....she wouldn't...” but he knew she would. Kris immediately ran out from Chanyeol’s condo and headed home.