Ulzzang and Minyu

Summer Rain

The next morning, you woke up earlier than usual and made pancakes. “All done~” you put the last pancake into the plate.

Daehyun walked down the hall while rubbing his sleepy eyes. Suddenly, his eyes flung opened as he smelt a delicious aroma lingering in the air. His nose took over and led him into the kitchen. “Oh, Daehyun-ah, you’re awake, go wash up and come eat, I made some pancakes!” you said while pouring milk into individual cups.

Daehyun followed your orders and quickly washed up.

---

“This is really good” Jung umma complimented, “I agree with umma” Daehyun munched on his third pancake in approval. You beam at the sight of Daehyun eating *aigoo, he is really adorable*

“Daehyun-ah, are you doing anything today?” Jung umma asked. Daehyun thought about it then shook his head, “nope, no plans today, why?” “I need you to go to the Jagalchi market today and watch the shop, I have to run some errands with the fish farm folks” she said, “and bring Minah with you, she needs to get some fresh air outside of the house”.

“Araso, just leave it to me” Daehyun wiped his mouth with a napkin, “I’m going to get changed, I’ll meet you outside in 20 minutes, okay noona?” “Alright” you nodded and put the dishes into the sink.

----

“Wah, this place is really big” you were amused by the size of the market, “this is like fish central” you giggled. “I guess that’s a good way of describing it” he smiled, “Jagalchi Fish Market is the largest seafood market in Korea” he proudly added while setting up the shop.

*No wonder Busan is known as the ‘fish nation’ of Korea* you looked around and realized something different about this place, “why are there all ahjummas working? You seem to be the only guy working here” you pointed out. “Good question!” Daehyun nodded his head, “after the Korean War, the market solidified into a fish market, and since most men were at war, the women took over. It’s kind of like a traditional now” he explained, “the women here are often referred to as ‘Jagalchi ahjumma’, where as I’m known as the ‘Jagalchi ulzzang’” he said with a straight face, but you couldn’t hide your laughter “AAHAH, JAGALCHI ULZZANG?” you held your stomach from the heavy laughter, “who calls you that?”.

Daehyun’s face slightly flushed pink with embarrassment, “for your information, I have quite the fan base around here” he blew his bangs, “it’s not everyday that you see a good looking young man working here” he smirked.

You looked around and realized it was true, apart from the ahjummas, there was only one other man with a beer belly, “I guess you’re right” you nodded in approval, “you are the best looking one here”.

“Told ya” he cunningly smiled, “and noona would be the Jagalchi minyu, since you are the prettiest one around here, in fact the prettiest girl in Busan!” he squirmed in excitement. “Aigoo, stop sweet mouthing me, I’ll buy you ice cream later~” you softened at his cuteness and helped him unpack the boxed fish.