I'm nothing without you

Summer Rain

Chanyeol arrived at the coffee shop, and spotted Kris’ tall figure right away. Even though he was sitting, he was still taller than most people. “Hyung, why did you pick such a feminine place to meet, isn’t it weird for two grown men to see each other in a coffee shop?” he looked around his surroundings. Kris remained silent while playing with the rim of his coffee cup. Chanyeol immediately knew what he was called out here for *he’s going to ask me about Minah* but he decided to play dumb, “well hyung, why did you call me out anyway? Did you want to give me a new face product or something? My face is really getting dried lately” he touched the frame of his jaw and sneaked a peak at Kris’ unchanged expressions. “Chanyeol, I’m not in the mood for jokes right now” he stopped playing with the cup and looked up, “just tell me where Minah is, I’m sure she had told you”.

Chanyeol’s heart cringed at the question, *I promised Minah that I won’t tell anyone, including you, so mianhae hyung*“I don’t know” he said under his breathe and quickly got up, “Yah Park Chanyeol!” Kris hissed, but he reminded still “if this is all that you came here for, then I have to go, there are a lot of stuff that I need to do today” he turned to leave but his conscience won’t let him, “if you really want to know, then ask your mother”, he hinted Kris before leaving.  

---

With a million thoughts in his head, Kris stormed into his house, “MAMA, where are you, come out right now!” he impatiently paced around the room.

“Oh son, you’re back, why didn’t you call me to pick you up?” she coolly said, she studied his fuming facial expression and knew what she was in for, “Kris, what’s wrong honey?” she placed her hand on his arm, but he quickly flung her hand away, “omo, did something happen while you were in China?” she pretended to ask as if she had no idea.

“Where did you send Minah?” Kris finally spoke, “I can’t find her, and she’s not answering her phone, so tell me, where is she?”

“I don’t know” she gave the exact same answer as Chanyeol.

“Don’t bull me mother! I know her disappearance has something to do with you!” he raised his voice. “And I said I don’t know. You were gone for so long and the first word you say to me is to ask me where Minah is? Don’t you miss your mother at all? You were gone for so long, and she probably ran out of money, so maybe she went to earn some dirty money and did some unloyal things to you. You should be glad that she left, I don’t want to add any disgrace to our family name. I heard her step mother went to Japan, she probably went there too, who knows” she blabbered on, “you’re going to be the heir of out company, so you can’t just let one girl control your life. And plus, there are a lot more girls out there who are richer, prettier and have a higher education than Minah. I don’t understand why you are so hung up with her” she clicked her tongue in disapproval.

Kris cringed his fist in anger and his eyes turned into dangerous slits and grew furious, “I ASKED WHERE MINAH IS! I DIDN’T ASK FOR ALL THOSE UNNECCESSARY ANSWERS!” Kris finally blew up.

His mother was taken aback by her son’s sudden wrath “I-I-I told you, I don’t know, s-she just left okay?” she said with a shaky voice. Kris took a deep breathe, and then adjusted his temper, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you. I’m begging you, please tell me where Minah is, I can’t live without her” his eyes turned red, with burning tears just waiting to spill out. Slowly, he bent down until he was on his knees right in front of her. “mama, please…” his voice softened. Her eyes widened at her son’s actions, she crunched her fist in anger, and slapped him right across the face, “KRIS WU FAN, ARE YOU A MAN? DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME? HOW CAN YOU GO ON YOUR KNEES LIKE THAT FOR A GIRL, NEVERTHELESS A GIRL WHO IS WORTHLESS OF YOUR TIME!” she fired up, “I’m done talking to you, don’t talk to me if you’re going to ask about Minah” she left without another look.

Kris slowly got up and dragged himself back into his room “you’re right, I have no shame. Without Minah, I’m nothing.” He laid on his bed and picked up from the nightstand the picture of you and him on your 19thbirthday. *Minah-ah, where did you go? Don’t go anywhere that I can’t find you….* he closed his eyes and finally let out a tear.