Three years later

Summer Rain

Daehyun was walking home after a long day of helping his mother at the market. Oof a tiny little body bumped into him. “Daehyun appa, help me” Chanbin panted and hid behind Daehyun’s long legs. He peaked out with his tiny head and Daehyun looked up to see a furious you chasing after Chanbin.

“CHOI CHANBIN, GET BACK IN HERE, DO YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT BY HIDING BEHIND DAEHYUN APPA?” you merged towards Chanbin who was still hiding.

“Stop right here!” Daehyun threw his arms in front of you before you can get close, “what did Chanbin do this time? Whatever it is, hitting him is not going to be the solution” Daehyun said in defense. Chanbin’s little hands tightly gripped onto Daehyun’s pants, afraid that you would take him. “Daehyun-ah, you need to stop shielding for Chanbin, he’ll never take my warning seriously again” you bent forward trying to get a hold of your sneaky 3 year old son. “Chanbin, come here” you reached forward, but he escaped your catch.

“Fine” you straightened up, “I’ll let it go this time, but the next time if you pee in your bed again, you’ll get it” you pretended to crack your knuckles then skipped back into the house.

When you were out of sight, Chanbin knew it was safe to step out, “Phew, thank you Daehyun appa, I would’ve been eaten alive if you weren’t here”. Daehyun bent down to Chanbin’s height and pinched his nose, “aigoo, you peed in your bed again?” he clicked his tongue in disappointment.

“I-it wasn’t my fault! I had a scary dream that a giant angry bird was chasing after me, so I….” his little cheeks flushed pink, “I didn’t want to either, I was scared.”

“Oh I see, so I guess it wasn’t your fault then huh?” Daehyun scooped Chanbin up into his arms, “come on, how about we make Chanbin feel better by bringing him to the ice cream shop before dinner?” Daehyun suggested and Chanbin’s eyes sparkled, “YAY, thank you Daehyun appa, you’re the best” Chanbin hugged his neck.

“What would you guys like to order?” the waitress asked. “Vanilla and chocolate chips please~” Chanbin clapped, “and strawberry for me”.

While waiting, Chanbin looked around and saw many kids with their parents, “I wish my parents can take me here too” he whispered under his breathe, “Daehyun appa, how come I don’t have parents to bring me to places like this?”

“Muh?!” Daehyun was taken aback by the question “your mother does bring you here, and if she doesn’t, I always take you, what are you complaining about?” he raised his eyebrows. Chanbin blew a raspberry into the air “I know, I know, but I want my parents to bring me here together, like all the other kids” he looked over at the table beside them.

Daehyun also looked and saw a pair of young parents with their daughter about Chanbin’s age.

Daehyun squinted his eyes and moved his face close to Chanbin’s, “aigoo, does Chanbin not like Daehyun appa anymore?”. Chanbin immediately shook his head “no no, I love Daehyun appa, it’s just that mommy said you’re not my real daddy, so I want to come here with him for once” he explained. “Araso, I understand” he coolly shrugged it off, *I wish I was your daddy though* Daehyun signed at the thought.

When the ice cream arrived, Chanbin dug right in. Daehyun beamed as he watched Chanbin eating his ice cream.

*Poor Chanbin, you must really want to meet your daddy huh?*, he took a napkin and wiped the cream off of Chanbin’s mouth, *you are so adorable… just like your mother*.

---

Kris was casually sitting in his office chair, reading over the contract for tomorrow’s meeting. His fingers tabbed on the table with rhythm as he reviewed every line, and when he was done, he signed it off with his black MontBlanc pen. “Chanyeol, please bring this to Samsung for them to sign, and be sure to bring it back here before tomorrow’s meeting” Kris handed the folder to Chanyeol. “Yes uijangnim” he nodded and headed to Samsung.

Three years had passed since you left Kris, and a lot of things had changed for him. He is now the Chairman of Dragon Corp., and is well know in the industry as the Ice Dragon. His father wanted to retire early, so he handed the entire company over to Kris two years ago. At first, he was reluctant to take the company because he knew he wouldn’t have time to look for you anymore, but he eventually gave in knowing that he can never find you. Although Kris knew that you will do anything to hide yourself from him, he still had hope and searched for you.

But as time passed by he also grew tired and stopped searching for you, but never once have you left his mind.  

---

After dinner, you helped Chanbin wash up then tucked him into bed.

“Mommy, can you tell me a bed time story?” he adjusted his blanket with his tiny fingers. “Sure, what do you want to hear? Let me go grab your story books” you turned to go but Chanbin tugged onto your shirt, “I don’t want to hear those stories, I want to hear mommy talk about daddy”.

You were a bit surprised at Chanbin’s request, why did he want to hear about his daddy all of the sudden? “Daddy? Why does Chanbin want to know about Daddy today?” you removed his bangs from his face. “Because everyone has their own daddy, don’t they? So Chanbin should also have one” he pouted “does daddy not love me? That’s why he never comes and visits me?”

Your heart squeezed in pain at Chanbin’s explanation, “No, that’s not true, daddy loves Chanbin” you cooed, *he just doesn’t know about you* “he is just too busy with work, and when he is done with his busy schedule, he will come to see Chanbin first thing. Remember what I told you? Uncle Chanyeol is daddy’s best friend, so he always visits Chanbin for daddy and tells daddy everything about you”. Chanbin nodded. “Good, now go to sleep” you fixed his blanket and turned off the lights. *What happened today for Chanbin to be so curious all of the sudden?* you wondered.

 

---

A/N: kind of a long chapter...but yay Chanbin<3 ^^