When you're back, I'll be gone

Summer Rain

You changed out of the hospital clothes and waited for secretary Park. *What am I going to do?* you reached into your pocket for your phone, but it wasn’t there, “I can’t even contact Kris right now” you muttered. Your thoughts were interrupted by the door, “Annyeong Minah” Chanyeol waved.

“Oh! Chan- I mean secretary Park” you waved back, “let’s go”

Chanyeol opened the car door and you unwillingly sat in. “Here Minah” he handed you a large brown envelope, “please open it when you get home, I don’t want to see you open it right now” he lowered his head and started the car.

Chanyeol was Kris’ best friend, and all three of you went to high school together. He spent most of his childhood in the Wu household. His father was Mr. Wu’s secretary, and after he passed away, Chanyeol took over his place. You were just as important to him as you are to Kris.

The car ride was long and quiet, you were a bit scared to see what was waiting for you in the envelope, “she’s really sending me away huh?” you broke the silence. Chanyeol cleared his throat and avoided the question, “we’re here”.

He came around the car and opened the door for you, “thank you Chanyeol”

His heart fluttered at your sweet voice calling his name, *Park Chanyeol, get a hold of yourself, she’s your best friend’s girl, don’t you forget* he reminded himself, “well then, I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 11 am, sleep well Minah”. “Araso, see you tomorrow” you waved. With that, he drove away. 

---

You sat on your bed with your leg crossed, took a deep breathe, and finally gathered up the courage to open the envelope. You held it upside down and dumped out all of its contents. There was a one way plane ticket to Paris, your new address, and all of your immigration documents. “She is really sending me away for good..” you sighed and sank into your bed.

Beep. Your phone rang, you sat up and checked who it was from. An involuntary smiled curled up your lips.

1 New message from Kris Wu

You quickly opened the message.

From Kris:

Hey babe, are you okay? I felt so uneasy during the meeting today, scared that something happened to you.

 

To Kris:

Silly oppa, of course I’m fine. Do you have a radar that monitors me or something? Keke

 

From Kris:

Psht, not a radar, but I do have a tracking device, I can find you anywhere in the world, you’re in the palms of my hands Choi Minah       :P

 

You stared at the last message, “really oppa, can you really find me anywhere in the world?” your heart sank at the thought, “maybe not after tomorrow…”

 

To Kris:

Ah I see, so like a stalker? :P just kidding~ I hope that radar actually works ^_~

 

From Kris:

Don’t doubt me! But anyway, I’m going back to Korea next week, so until then, keep missing me ;)

 

*but when you’re back, we’ll be gone*, you grazed your hands over your flat belly.

 

To Kris:

Alright, see you then~ I’m going to sleep now, good night ^_^

 

With that, you shut off your phone and took the batteries out, “I won’t need this anymore, don’t worry, I won’t let anyone hurt you” you looked down at your stomach.

You took out your suitcase from the closet and begin to pack up your clothes and all of your valuables. “How long can this last us? I can’t raise a baby this only this” you glanced at your jewelry box. *Ah, oppa’s debit card!* you remembered Siwon’s last gift to you. You dug into your drawer and found his debit card at the bottom of it, “thanks oppa, you’re always watching out for me” you beamed and slid the card into your wallet.

----

“Ahjumma, are you asleep?” you knocked on her door. “No, come in”, you opened the door and sat beside her. “Ahjumma, thanks for taking care of me when my umma was gone, and now my appa and oppa” you expressed your gratitude towards her.

“It’s my job Minah-ah” she squeezed your hand, “your mother was good to me, she gave me a job, and put a roof over my head, and I am very thankful for that” she smiled. “And you, Minah, is an exact replica of your mother, so sweet, kind-hearted, and beautiful”, she opened her arms and you fell into her embrace. You couldn’t hold your tears in any longer, and started to sob, “Ahjumma, I’ll be leaving tomorrow, and probably won’t be able to see you again” you tugged onto her arms and sobbed louder.

“Do you know where you are going to go? This is your only home, I don’t recall you having any other family members either” she asked.

You straightened up and wiped your tears with the back of your hand, “you’re right, this was my only home, but now it belongs to someone else” you sighed in despair. “And I don’t know where I’m going to go yet, but I know for sure that I don’t want to be a burden to Kris”.

“If you don’t know where you are going, then go to Busan” she took out a piece of paper and wrote on it “here is my sister’s address, she lives in Busan” she handed you the paper. “If you can’t find her, then go to the Jagalchi Fish Market, she works there, look for Jung Jinjoo”.

You looked at the paper and your eyes filled with hope, “thank you ahjumma!” you hugged her.

“This is the least that I can do for all of your family’s help over the years” she smiled. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone that you’re there if you don’t want me to” she assured.

You nodded in acknowledgment.

----- 

  Had to add eggyeol <3