Everything getting worse

Summer Rain

It had been a month since the death of your father, and there are still no signs of your brother.

The house was empty, you were at home most of the times, while your step mother ran errands. You haven’t seen Kris in a while either, he had traveled to China with Mr. Wu for business, but he would text you everyday to see how you are doing.

From Kris:

What did you do today? Are you eating properly? Don’t keep me worried! :)

 

To Kris:

I just woke up~ eating right now, ahjumma had prepared for me my favorite food! Keke, don’t worry about me, please take care of yourself, don’t over work!

You sat by the kitchen table and stared at the food that the ahjumma had prepared. “Minah-ssi, please eat before the food gets cold, it won’t taste as good if you warm it up again” she said. You picked up your chopsticks, but couldn’t get yourself to pick up anything to eat. Lately, you have lost your appetite to all of your favorite food. You felt nauseas in your stomach every time you are eating, *I must have been really tired lately* you told yourself. “Ahjumma, I don’t feel like eating right now” you left the kitchen and headed upstairs.

From Kris:

Just woke up? Did you stay up late again? Tsk tsk, I told you to sleep earlier~ your eye bags are going to grow. :(

 

To Kris:

I was cleaning up my brother’s room, but I’ll sleep earlier tonight! I don’t want to look like an ahjumma anytime soon~ >_<

 

From Kris:

I’m not sure if I’ll still like you if you turn into an ahjumma…just kidding~. Anyway, the meeting is about to start, I’ll talk to you later. Minah hwaiting! ^_^

 

To Kris:

Araso, oppa hwaiting~ love you ^^

You sat in front of your vanity table and looked at your reflection. You touched your pale face and the dark circles under your eyes. “Now I really do need makeup, huh oppa?” you remembered the last time when Siwon sat behind you.

“Minah-ssi, please come downstairs!” you heard a rapid knock on your door. “What’s wrong ahjumma?” you asked. She pointed towards the living room, and your gaze followed her fingers. A bunch of men scattered around the house and moved the furniture out of the house. “what the-HEY what are you guys doing?” you ran downstairs, “why are you taking stuff from someone else’s property without their permission?” “They do have permission” your step mother corrected.

“Junghwa-ssi….” you were taken aback by her calm tone, “how can you be so still? They’re taking our stuff!” you blurted. “Don’t take this, it’s appa’s!” you pushed the worker who was about to pick up the grandfather clock. “LEAVE! This is my house, you guys can’t just come in and take stuff!” you yelled from the top of your lungs. “Enough” Junghwa grabbed your wrist. You tried to struggle out of her grip, but you were too weak. “L-let go!” you commanded, but her grip only became tighter. “STOP IT CHOI MINAH” she growled, “all of your father’s stuff are gone, including this house” “M-m-muh?” you stumbled back, “Wh-what do you mean it’s all gone?” you waited for an explanation.

“Kim buhoejang took over the company” she let go of your wrist. “I don’t understand, Oppa is the heir to the company, and I’m the second heir, how did he take over?” your eyes filled with confusion.

“Choi Siwon is missing, and you have no prior experience in taking care of the company, so all of the stakeholders voted him in for the company’s sake” she answered, “this house is under my name, so I sold it and put all of the furniture on auction” she said under her breathe.

“MUH? How can you do this Moon Junghwa? Selling father’s stuff!” you pointed at her. She slapped your hand out of her face, “how? Because I can. Your father didn’t leave me any money but this house, and I need a way to survive too right? Who needs this luxurious house when you can get money instead?” she snorted. “If you’re selling the house, where am I going to go? Where is Oppa going to find me?” you worried. “I don’t care where you go, go to your precious Kris oppa, weren’t you guys getting married anyway?” she smirked.

“You shameless women!” you landed a cold slap on to her face, “You-” she slapped you right back, two times as hard which send you onto the wooden floor, “don’t you dare to hit me, Choi Minah” she gave you a deadly glare before leaving the house.

You touched your burning cheek, and uncontrollable tears started to fall *why is everything getting worse*. “Minah-ssi, don’t sit there” the ahjumma lifted you up. You tried to stand up, but your legs were too weak, she had to hold you to walk. You felt a sudden pain to your stomach and out.

“Minah-ssi!” she tried to wake you up, but you were completely unconscious.

Just then, Mrs. Wu walked in “the door was unlocked, so I -” she stopped at the sight of you curled on the floor, “Omo, what happened?” she ran over to you, “ahjumma, help me bring her to the car”.