Truth

Summer Rain

Kris and Chanbin arrived at Smoothie King and sat by the window, across from each other. People whispered as they passed by the flower like father and son.

“Oh, look at that oppa, he is so handsome~” some high school girl giggled.

“He’s so tall and such a flower boy, totally my type!”

“Omo is that his son? He’s so adorable! But that means he’s probably married” one pouted.

“Nah, I don’t think that’s his son, he’s too young, probably his nephew!!”

Ahem, Kris cleared his throat at the comments, “Chanbin, are you ready to order?” he shifted his attention back to his son.

Chanbin got his favorite Strawberry and Chocolate smoothie, and Kris got your favorite, Triple Chocolate Swirl.

Kris watched Chanbin as he happily sipped on his smoothie, *His expressions are so much like Minah* Kris reminisced. “So Chanbin-ah, who is that ahjussi living with you and mommy?” he asked.

Chanbin parted his lips from the straw, “you mean Daehyun appa?”

“Daehyun…A-Appa?” Kris was hurt that Chanbin have been calling another man Appa, “Yeah..Daehyun, who is he?” he continued.

“Daehyun appa is Daehyun appa, I’ve known him ever since I was born, so I only know him as my Daehyun appa”, Chanbin tried to explain, but Kris got even more confused, *so was he the one taking care of Minah all these years?* “Do you like your Daehyun appa?” Kris curiously asked.

Chanbin nodded, “Yes, sometimes I wish he was my real appa, because I never saw my real appa before” Chanbin lowered his head in sadness.

Kris felt like his heart had been stumped on, *Chanbin-ah, he’s right here, your real appa is right here…* he wanted to say, but held himself back.

“But ahjussi…” Chanbin looked at Kris with his watery eyes, “do you know my daddy as well?”

Kris nodded, “Of course” *I know him a bit too well…*

“So it’s true that he’s too busy to come and see Chanbin?” he pouted, “That’s why he always asks Chanyeol ahjussi to come?”

“Chanyeol? You mean Park Chanyeol?”. Chanbin nodded. *So Chanyeol knew where Minah was all this time?!* “Y-yes…Chanyeol ahjussi visits Chanbin on behave of daddy, because, er, daddy is a very busy person” he lied.

“So he’ll visit me soon?” Chanbin beamed. “Well..” Kris couldn’t stand lying to his son anymore, “he’s visiting you right now.”

Chanbin blinked in confusion. “Chanbin-ah, I am your daddy” Kris smiled.

---

Meanwhile, you and Mrs. Wu were still talking. You can tell that she wasn’t very happy with your decision, but she seemed very interested in her grandson. She asked a lot of questions about Chanbin.

“Minah-ah, I want you to accept this” she took out a bank book, “please take this money and give Chanbin to me”.

You were taken aback by her request, “Omonim, I don’t understand what you’re trying to do…” you stuttered.

She slid the bank book towards you, “here is enough money for you to live for 10 years without working, it’s my appreciation to you for taking care of my grandson for 3 years” she explained.

You pushed the book back to her, “I can’t take this, I’m not going to give up Chanbin. Never. He is my life” you refused.

“Wae? Is this not enough? Give me an amount, and I’ll give that to you” she provoked, “it doesn’t matter if you agree or not, Chanbin is Kris’ son, and my grandson, so I’m going to bring him over no matter what” she persisted, “but that doesn’t mean you and Kris could start over”.

You stared at her with a blank expression, “Omonim, why are you like this? You weren’t like this when Kris and I first started going out 8 years ago, you were like my own mother to me”.

She let out a chuckle, “you’re right, 8 years ago I was happy that Kris and you started, even though you were only 16 and he was 18. Why? Because you were the daughter of Choi Saewoong, the princess of the almighty Choi corp., so it would be amazing for our company to have a powerful in-law like your father” she looked at you with her cold eyes, “But that’s all history, your father is dead, the company is no longer ran by your family, therefore your relationship with Kris won’t help the development of Dragon Corp.” her every word stabbed you like a blade, “I didn’t know how to break you and Kris apart, so when I found out that you were pregnant, it was the perfect opportunity to persuade you to leave. So must I explain more? I think you understand Minah, you’re a smart child”, she smirked.

“So it was all for business?” you had to ask, “For me it was, but Kris really did love you. So if you still love him, then give Chanbin back to us.”