Daehyun the man

Summer Rain

“Da-daddy?” Chanbin called out in disbelieve. “Yes Chanbin, don’t call me ahjussi anymore, I’m your daddy” Kris lightly nodded, “Sorry I couldn’t come and see my Chanbin earlier”

Chanbin wasn’t sure if Kris was serious, but he wanted to believe it, “DADDY!” he jumped off of his chair and hugged Kris.

Kris patted his head with affection, “Come on, let’s bring you home” Kris lifted Chanbin into his arms.

---

You dragged your feet along the concrete floor, walking home. “if you still love him, then give Chanbin back to us.”, her words repeated in your head. “No, I can’t give up Chanbin, no, no, no” you shook your head.

Daehyun have been following you from the behind, he saw you leaving the coffee shop on his way home from Jongup’s house. He saw how distressed you looked, and didn’t want to bother you, so he silently watched your weak figure from behind. *Why does noona look so down?*

You were too focused on your thoughts and didn’t see where you were going. You stepped into a pit and fell on the ground.

“Noona!” Daehyun immediately ran to your rescue and picked you up from the floor. “Daehyun-ah, gumawo” you thanked him, “were you behind me this whole time?”

Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck, “Ye-Yeah…” he shyly smiled, “Did something happen? You don’t look so well..” he commented.

You faked a smile, “Of course, I’m just a little tired from all the walking today” you lied.

Daehyun realized that Chanbin wasn’t with you, “hey, where is Chanbin? Didn’t you pick him up from school?”

“Oh right, Chanbin” you remembered that Kris had picked him up earlier. You took out your phone and quickly called him, “Hey oppa, is Chanbin still with you?” “Yes, we’re on our way to your house right now” he answered. “Araso…thank you” you hung up.

“Who was that?” Daehyun raised an eyebrow, “was that guy from yesterday Chanbin’s father?”

You didn’t want to lie to Daehyun anymore, “Yes”. Daehyun’s heart squeezed in pain, “so does that mean you will get back with him?” he looked at you with seriousness.

“No” you simply said, “I made my decision 3 years ago, and I’m not going to back out on it now”.

This was just the answer Daehyun have been waiting for. He didn’t know why, but he never liked seeing you with another man, not even his BAP friends. Every time when he is with you, he feels like his on cloud 9. He also loves your Chanbin, he always thought of Chanbin as his own son.

Daehyun securely threw his arms around you, “Don’t worry noona, you have umma and I, we’re your family. I will take care of Chanbin with you, from now on I will take care of you!” he squeezed you in his embrace.

Your eyes widened at his actions, “Daehyun-ah, I can’t breathe” you wiggled out of his embrace. “Aigoo, our Daehyun is all grown up now, not the child that I met 3 years ago~” you poked his forehead. “That’s right, I’m a man now, and I will act like one” he cooed.

You couldn’t help but to smile at his dorkiness, *Thank you Daehyun-ah, for a bit, you made me forget about what happened today*. “Let’s go home” you linked your arm with his and walked home.

---

Kris parked the house in front of your house and texted you, ‘We’re outside’

He helped Chanbin out of his baby chair and waited for you to open the door.

As soon as you opened the door, Chanbin jumped into your arms, “Aigoo, someone is hyper~” you bounced him in your arms. *Someone is also like his mommy, such a little monkey” Kris adoringly smiled at you two.

“Thank you for picking up him up today~” you smiled, “I hope he wasn’t much trouble”

“Chanbin was amazing, you raised him well” he praised, “by the way, I told him who I am” Kris added.

You were stunned and didn’t know what to say.

“Well then, I will head back now” he caressed Chanbin’s cheeks, “I’ll come tomorrow morning and take you to school~” his lips curled upwards. “Okay! Bye daddy!” Chanbin waved.

*oh man, things are going to get even more complicated now* you thought.

*Choi Minah, I will get you back*, Kris glanced at your lost expression and happily skipped to his car.