Jung Daehyun

Summer Rain

Later in the day, you help Jung umma clear out the guest room. You unpacked all of your stuff then called Chanyeol to tell him that you have safely arrived. You told him where you lived and about Jung umma. He was happy to hear that you found a safe home so quickly.

“Araso, I’ll visit you next week, I will have my day off sometimes then” Chanyeol said through the phone.

“It’s okay, it’s too much trouble, you’ll have to fly back to Seoul right after” you declined, “and plus, isn’t Kris coming back next week? Omonim would probably want you to pick him up..”

Chanyeol’s heart cringed at the mentioning of his name *why must she always talk about Kris? Kris this, Kris that, when will she ever see me, Park Chanyeol?*

“Hello? Chanyeol, are you listening?” you interrupted his silence.

“Huh? Oh...yeah. Well then, I’ll visit you another time. Mrs.Wu is calling me, I got to go. Please take care” he whispered the last part.

“Alright, bye” you hung up.

That night, you helped Jung umma set up the dinner table.

“Umma, I’m home” Daehyun threw his sneakers off. You darted towards the door and greeted him “annyeong Daehyun!” you waved. “An-annyeong…” he gave you a confused look, “who are you?”

“Oh! I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Choi Minah, I’m going to stay at your house for a while, so please take care of me!” you bowed.

Daehyun was taken aback by your polite ways, “UMMMA! What is this I’m hearing? Who’s this Choi Minah?!” Daehyun demanded his mother.

Jung umma rushed to the scene, “She’s a friend of your aunt in Seoul, and she’ll be staying with us for a while, so don’t be immature and take care of her” she said.

Daehyun’s mouth formed a big “O” and nodded in understanding, *oh right I saw her ealier* “araso, sorry for the commotion earlier” his attitude changed 180 degrees, “it’s nice to meet you Minah noona” he held out his hand and gave you a genuine smile. You shook his hand and smiled back.

---

“Minah, I made you some congee since you probably don’t want to eat anything too oily” she replaced your rice with congee. “Not fair umma, I’m not feeling well either, why didn’t you make my steak?” Daehyun pouted. Jung umma pushed his head with her index finger “aish, can a sick person eat steak?” she argued. “When Minah is feeling better, I’ll make you guys some steak since she needs her nutrients if she’s eating for two”.

“eating for two?” Daehyun asked in curiosity, “what do you mean?” he popped a spoon full of rice into his mouth.

You put down your spoon, “Oh! I forgot to tell you, you’re going to be an uncle soon!” you said with enthusiasm, “I’m pregnant”. “MUH?! UNCLE?!” his eyes rounded in surprise as he spat out his rice.