Savior

Summer Rain

Kris brought Chanbin to the police station and told the officers that he is lost.

“Hey there little one, do you know your mommy’s name?” the officer cooed.

Chanbin nodded, “my mommy’s name is Choi Minah”. Kris’ heart stopped at the name, “C-Ch-Choi Minah?” Kris repeated quietly, *it cant be my Minah right?* Kris shook his head *no, Minah wouldn’t be the mother of a child* he told himself.

“Thank you young man for bringing this child forward, we’ll be getting in contact with his mother right now” the police said. “No problem” Kris left the station without saying goodbye to Chanbin.

He walked out of the station and confusion was written all over his face. For some strange reason, he felt really attached the Chanbin. He felt like this wasn’t the first time they’ve met, especially after hearing that his mother had the same name as you. “I guess we really have a special connection, huh kid?” Kris glanced at Chanbin through the window. "Maybe I should wait until his mother comes" Kris turned back but stopped, "but it's not like I'm looking for an award or anything.." he thought about it twice and headed back to his hotel.

---

“Hello? Police station? Yes, I am Choi Minah. I’m coming right now, yes, THANK YOU” you bowed through the phone and quickly ran towards the station. You called Daehyun right away to tell him that Chanbin was safe, and the boys went to watch the performance.  When they got there, ‘Bang and Zelo’ were already on the stage, so they cheered from the side. After the performance, BAP went to karaoke for celebration.

---

You darted into the police station and immediately felt relived after seeing Chanbin. “MOMMY!” Chanbin jumped off of his seat and ran into your arms. You held him tightly into your embrace as, afraid to lose him again.

“Are you his mother?” the officer asked. “Yes, thank you for finding him officer!” you bowed 90 degrees. “You’re lucky that a nice young man found your son and brought him here” he added.

You looked around, trying to find your savoir, “where is he? I want to thank him in person” you politely asked. The officer also looked around for the site of Kris, “It seems like he left already” he shrugged and went back to work. *Thank you, whoever you are* you thanked in bless.

“Let’s go home Choi Chanbin”, you held his tiny hands and left the station.

You two took a taxi home because it was already dark. You glaced to your side to see Chanbin looking out the window in concentration, “Chanbin-ah, what are you thinking about?”

“I’m thinking about the tall ahjussi today” he blew a raspberry into the air.

“The one who brought you to the police station?” you asked and Chanbin nodded, “ahjussi was really nice, but he doesn’t smile” he said while trying to redraw Kris’ face onto the car window. “His nose is taller than Daehyun appas, his eyebrows are thicker than uncle Yongguk’s, and his eyes are bigger than Zelo uncles”.

Chanbin finished the drawing of Kris and you blinked at it, “Well…..I guess I know how he looks now?” you were taken aback by your son’s interpretation of the ‘ahjussi’. *Damn, Chanbin probably got his non-artistic genes from me* you sighed in disappointment *hopefully he won’t have bad penmanship like his father* you shook your head.

You made dinner when you got home and ate with Chanbin alone since Jung umma is still in Daegu and Daehyun is out with BAP.

After dinner, you helped Chanbin take a wash up and tucked him into bed. He fell asleep as soon as he his head hit the pillow. You watched his even breathes and beamed, *he must’ve been really tired today, good night*. You bent down and placed a kiss on his forehead before turning off the lights.

---

Kris laid on his hotel bed with thoughts of Chanbin still in his head, *that kid has a really cute smile* Kris’ lips involuntarily curled upwards *wait, what am I doing? Why am I so caught up with the kid when I don’t even know him* Kris snapped out of his thoughts and closed his eyes to sleep.