[3-2] Intermission 2

[On - Going] Like The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
To Kai, the King…and everyone else

After hours of operating, the sun began to rise once more. The King looked outside.

{Has it been 6 hours already…It feels like the nightmare just happened…}

He then looked back at his boys and their weeping friends. He felt their pain. The scene was ripping his heart apart and the fact he couldn’t do anything even if he tried. {Why am I so useless…}

The nurse finally came out of the room. Everyone was alerted which startled the timid nurse.

“How is he? How’s Chanyeol? How’s Xiu Min?”

Everyone bombarded her with questions. The nurse didn’t know how to react nor respond when there’s so many questions from well noted warriors and the royal family. The Queen steeped in and grabbed the nurse to the side.

“Stop it…all of you…can’t you see you are freaking her out? Be patient and let me do the talking!” demanded the Queen.

The men pouted, went back to their own spots once again, and listening intently to every word that was spoken.

“Sorry about that deary…these men…have their emotions in a knot.”

The nurse nearly smiled and nodded her head in understanding the situation.

“Xiu Min is fine. His wound is healing nicely. Also there was no poison in his system.”

Everyone was relieved but at the same time there were a lot of tension in the air. Chanyeol was on everyone’s heart and mind at this point.

“Chanyeol…he kept a sturdy pulse during operation. He’s fighting his hardest to stay alive. The doctor’s aren’t sure when he will wake up though. His aura is very weak and fragile. He shouldn’t be put into stressful situations for a while now. There was also poison in his system, so the doctors cleaned the blood but a lot was spilt. So now he’s unconscious in the blood bath. When he wakes up, he will surely be hungry. But for now, we don’t see any signs of backfire. Also there were little signs of Necrosis but the doctor removed them properly. There will be little scaring if any at all.”

Everyone was relived. Chanyeol made it!

“If it wasn’t for Tao rushing him here…he would have died before anyone realized what happened.”

Everyone looked at Tao with a appreciative smile. They were truly truly grateful but Tao was completely miserable. His beloved master, Kris, could either be dead or dying. No one knows where he is…no one can track him…Kris simply vanished. Tao failed. He will never forgive himself. {Kris…}

//flash back//

“Mommy…there is a weird boy in the garden!” yelled a little blond boy wearing a cute red fire fighter outfit as he ran from the garden to his mother, who was wearing a white dress and a small chic dark green hat, on the patio.

The mother looked towards the boy’s direction.

“A…what?”

“There’s a weird boy in the garden…he stole my chicken…”

“What..?” said the mother again in disbelief as her son drags the mother away from the patio to where the supposedly weird kid was located.

She saw a little boy with open wounds all over his body. She was completely shocked. She yelled for the maids to get the doctor.

“Mommy…what’s wrong with the boy…” said the blond boy as he looked up at his mother.

She looked like she was glowing in the sunlight which distracted him while the kid looked up at the blond boy with watery eyes. He was afraid, everything felt like it was moving and only he was alone and motionless, and the only one he decide to trust into his distressing world, was this blond kid, who fed him chicken. He grab the blond kids arms as he saw people approach him with white things and spray bottles.

“Woah…mommy…he’s going to eat me…Was my chicken not enough for you!”

“Kris…stop that nonsense…he’s scared and he’s just hiding behind you.”

“K…k…rii…ssss…” said the starving boy hiding behind the blond boy name Kris.

Kris was astonished and turned around. He doesn’t seem like he knew the Exodonian Language,왕실혀, Wangshil Hyeo. The boy thought he said something wrong due to Kris’s reaction, and he cowered in fear. Little Kris saw this reaction and stuck his hand out. The little boy looked at the hand. {I don’t want to get hit…} Kris smiled and grabbed the other boy’s hand.

“It’s okay. Come on! We must get you to the doctor! He will help you get better, so we can play together~!” said little Kris happily as he drags the confused boy with him to the people staring in awe of this random scar inflicted boy and the innocence and sincerity demonstrated by the young master, Kris. It might seem strange why they are in awe of Kris, but before Kris met this boy, he was a selfish mean child that no one wanted to be friends with. He didn’t want to play with anyone, let alone share his toys. Yet, at that moment, Kris smiled and willing took in this boy under his caring wings. It was a miracle.

The family doctor cleaned all of the boy’s wounds and the mother gave him clothes. {weird looking clothes…it’s so bright…} The little boy stared at the clothes in a weird manner but he was grateful for them.

When the father returned little Kris told him of his adventure as a fire fighter, who was on his lunch break, and how he found a little boy. The father questioned the mother and went into Kris’s play room to see this little boy. The little boy was startled by the man who wildly opened the door and he hid behind the huge toy chest that was to the left of the room with a plastic sword in his hands. He gripped tightly onto that plastic sword as if he was going to attack any minute.

“This boy…isn’t he from the family that was massacred a few weeks ago…” questioned the father.

“I don’t know. We only know he was found in our garden and he refuses to talk to any of us except to Kris. His wounds have been cleaned and thankfully there were no signs of infections. But if he is a part of that family then what should we do?”

“What do you mean what should we do? The family was annihilated…so there’s only one thing to do. We will take care of him…” said the father looking at the mother.

“Good. I was just testing you…” teased the mother.

“Lord…is there one day will you not test me?” laughed the father.

The little boy was curious and relaxed his grip. {What is that noise? It’s leaving me a warm sensation in here (heart)…} When he peaked from behind the toy chest, he saw little Kris staring at him smiling.

“Silly! What are you doing here?”

“I’m…scared…”

“Scared…of what? Of my room? Come on now~~ Stop being silly! Let’s play swords! Come on!” Kris said while laughing.

“What…is…that noise you made…?”

“Eh?! Papa…he never heard of laughing!” said Kris with astonishment.

“Hahahaha…he’s been through some harsh times son. Teach him how to laugh…”

“I will teach him a lot of things like eating, dancing…and and…”

The father and mother laughed and pat his son’s head gently. Kris had a new friend and he was super excited. As time goes on, the Anon child was attached to Kris’s hip. They went everywhere together and discovered a lot of new things. The father decided it was time for them to “officially” learn martial arts together. So he took them to the basement/martial arts studio.

“Dad, what are we doing today?”

“Since you and … we still have to give you a good name…”

The kid laughed. He was found at the age of 5, before they fled to Exodos. It has been 10 years since then and they never gave the kid a name.

“…ah! Anyway, we will start both of yours official training sessions today.”

The boys looked at the father with a confused look.

“Weren’t we learning martial arts since we were 5?” asked Kris in bewi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter