o4

Project Wedding

I was in class again. Health and Social Care! Yup, I can see Kris now and let me tell you this, he is looking mighty fine in his uniform. Only he could make an ugly looking set of clothes look like something from a catwalk.

I knew I wasn’t going to pay any attention to the teacher and what he had to say with Kris only a row of tables away. He looks great even from the back. My pen was dancing around my fingers, entangled in with them.

I place the pen in the corner of my mouth and rested my head in my hands. Damn I have to stop looking at him.

I decided to look at the board at the front. The teacher was writing up some odd number of principles to do with something that didn’t seem important, well to me anyway.

Someone nudged my shoulder and I looked beside me to the girl, “Sir is looking at you”

My eyes widened and I hesitantly looked at my teacher. He had a stern look on his face and everyone knew he was looking at me. Even Kris turned for a second, but didn’t give another glance.

“Park Hyesu, I’ve told you four times now to pay attention” he scolded.

I looked down slightly in somewhat shame, “Sorry sir, won’t happen again.”

He sighed, “I don’t know what’s going on but you’ve been lacking in concentration recently”

I groaned inwardly. Is it really that obvious?

I apologised again and he carried on with the lesson. I began fiddling with my pen again out of boredom. I couldn’t listen to the lesson anymore now; there was only ten minutes left till lunch so what would it matter.

The pen in my hand flicked back and forth as I brought it to my eye-level to watch it look all bendy and flexible. Oh, I’m so childish, I know. I was flicking it recklessly back and forth, finding a strange entertainment in this.

I can just imagine what Min would say right now: “Oh my god, you’re such a weirdo I can’t believe it”

I sniggered softly at the thought. All of a sudden I had lost control over my pen and inevitably it went flying across the room, making a ridiculous landing on the back of Kris’ head before it fell to the ground.

Kill me now.

I gasped, a little too loudly, and my eyes bulged out more than ever. Kris’ hand reached for the back of his head, rubbing the sore spot that got hit, while turning round to see what happened. It wouldn’t be that hard to realise it was me, you know, with my guilty face and all.

His eyes met mine and they shrunk in size as they scrutinized me. His head tilted for a moment as if memorising my face. Oh don’t do that Kris; I look horrible today.

I placed my hands out in front of me and clasped them together to symbolise my humblest apologies. I can’t believe I just hit my crush!

His lips tugged up in a subtle smirk. I could barely tell it was here for a moment. His hand reached down and he brought up my pen, chucking it my way.  Damn it, I’m a bad catcher.

The pen came my way, slipping my fingers but rattling to a stop on my table. I looked up at Kris again but he had already turned away and got down to do his work.

I sighed softly and looked down at my pen.

I held it in my hand as if it was the most fragile thing ever. But what can I say, this pen touched Kris, Wu Yi Fan, who wouldn’t act like this?

Don’t say ‘me’.

 

Once lunch arrived, I rushed to mine and Min’s meeting place. We had bought our sandwiches from the school canteen and sat outside in the sun to eat.

And of course, I was rambling about what happened in class.

“I swear to you, a part of me died when he looked at me” I exaggerated. She raised an amused eyebrow and laughed, “Okay dear”

I took another bite of my sandwich when I remembered something important.

“Oh Min! You have to help me choose the best venue for my wedding” I cried, bring out The Folder from my bag. She gave me a very weird look whilst she munched away.

She cleared and said, “Hyesu, maybe you’re taking this a bit too far”

I blinked, “What? I’m getting married at the end of the year”

She rolled her eyes and laughed, “To your piece of paper?” she said, pointing to the picture of the guy I had formed through small cut outs.

This time, I rolled my eyes, “Gosh Min, do you pay attention? To Kris of course”

“No Hyesu, sometimes I block my ears so I don’t have to listen to your spazzing sessions about Kris” Min said in a serious tone. Well, two can play at that game.

“Oh really now? What was it that you said to me yesterday?” I pretended as if I was thinking before speaking up once again, in a high pitched voice to mimic Min, “Oh yes: ‘Hyesu did you hear him? He said we’re classmates! Oh that’s going down in History as the best moment of my life, nye, nye, nye!’”

Min looked at me with a blank look before breaking into a grin and laughing loudly, “Whatever Hyesu! You’re much worse than me”

“Yeah yeah” I waved a hand and took another bite of my sandwich.

There was a huge gust of wind and the pages of The Folder fluttered rapidly. I yelped in suprise as one sheet full of writing flew away, swirling round with the wind. I jumped to my feet and chased after the pesky piece of pace.

I was put to an abrupt halt as someone else had grabbed the paper before me.

“Er...Kris...” I managed to finally say after quite a long pause. He glanced at the paper for a second then back at me.

“That’s mine” I announced, holding out my hand to reach for it. I frowned deeply as Kris retracted his arm further back.

“Uh uh” he said, placing his index finger in front of him and moving it side to side as he said so.

“But it’s mine” I protested and reached out for it again, but low and behold, he was way too tall for me. He chuckled softly with his hand high above my head.

“Want it?” he said, “Come and get it”

------------------------------------

*SQUEALS*

I love this chapter!! :''))