33

Project Wedding

 

Was this the wrong choice? I sighed loudly as I followed after him. I had to settle things with him, that was for sure, and I was immensely curious as to what started the mini bloodbath. I stepped back inside the tent just how Jiho had a few seconds ago. Min was already in there, surprised at his bloody lip and dishevelled hair.

“Whoa, what did I miss?” She questioned, looking slightly worried as she made eye contact with me. I looked at her knowingly and she slowly edged towards the exit. “Would you look at the time...”

Her voice quickly trailed off as she left Jiho and me alone in the tent. He sat by his bag, pulling out a bottle of water and having a great big swig of it. “I think I swallowed a heap of dirt” He muttered to himself. His face contorted in to a disgusted face as he gulped cautiously.

Jiho took a glance at me before looking away. “I thought lover boy would have you all over him by now” he remarked.

“No. It doesn’t work like that. You’re my friend Jiho and I want to make sure you’re okay” I stated calmly to make sure I didn’t trigger off any sort of anger that displayed outside. Jiho simply scoffed in return.

There was a lingering silence and a shifted from one leg to the other out of discomfort. Would it be insensitive to ask why Kris punched him?

I wasn’t going to over think it. Just as Jiho was cleaning himself up and threw in the question. “What started the fight?”

Jiho tensed for a second; the muscle in his jaw ticked and his fingers were curling slowly. “I simply told him the truth” he replied vaguely. He continued cleaning up the blood. I would have liked to help him but I was unsure if he would let me. And if I did help him, would it send the wrong message?

“What truth?” I pried more. His ambiguous answers weren’t good enough for me. Jiho juggled with the healing cream he packed at a small wipe that was quickly staining with blood. I scrunched my eyes for a second before walking over to him and taking the wet wipe and the healing cream off his hands.

Secretly breathing in to steady myself, I finished off what Jiho had started. I cleaned the blood off his lips and cheek.  I could more than feel his gaze on me; it was irritating and slightly embarrassing to have his eyes on me for so long. I dared not to look back at his eyes.

Just as I was about to apply the healing cream, Jiho grabbed both arms and stopped me from doing anything. I had no choice but to look at him. He was too close for my liking and I reprimanded my heart for speeding up like it would with Kris.

“The truth? I told him that he wasn’t nearly as good enough to be with you. You deserve the best Hyesu and it shouldn’t be some cheating scumbag” Jiho explained, maintain the intense eye contact with me.

I frowned slightly, imagining how the words must have settled with Kris. Maybe I should have checked with him first? I only say this because Jiho still hasn’t let me go.

His face was determined with his brows furrowed. I looked away from him, my eyes watered a bit due to not blinking for so long. Untangling my arms away from Jiho, I gave him the healing cream and stood up.

“You should be able to put on the cream, okay?” I said, stuffing my hands into the back pockets of my jeans. Jiho tilted his head as if deep in thought for a moment.

I slowly backed away, and was ready to step out the tent. I froze suddenly as his voice rose up again.

“Just know that I haven’t given up yet. I like you Hyesu and you’re still single, so I’m doing nothing wrong in pursuing you” Jiho announced. I looked back over my shoulder and sighed.

“Jiho, you’re my friend and I don’t hold feelings for you like that” I explained gently.

Jiho shook his head in disagreement. “I don’t believe you,” He whispered almost, “I can see it in your eyes”

I stood there a bit longer, letting his words sink in before turning my back and walking back into the fresh air. Jiho didn’t know what he was talking about; how can you read a person through their eyes?

Shaking myself randomly to refresh myself somehow, I marched over to the direction Kris had stormed away. I remembered to make a pit stop at one of the camp’s storage unit for a first aid kit.  I found him quickly, by the water. The ground was slightly raised and was covered with plentiful of grass. He was laying down, one arm under his head and a leg bent at the knee.

I sat crossed legged beside him and opened up the kit without a word.

“How was your boyfriend then?” Kris enquired, ruining the silence. His words were heavy with annoyance. I rolled my eyes at his behaviour and applied some cream on an angry looking bump on his head that was darkening. There was a rough cut on his bottom lip and a bruise extremely close to his eye.

“You sound like a jealous man” I remarked, continuing with nursing his face. His fists were raw and red and I quickly put some ointment carefully.

“I am a jealous man...you took your time” Kris commented further. I looked at him reassuringly. I pushed back his hair to make sure there were no other wounds.

“You know, he pulled my hair a bit” He enlightened me, “Hurt like hell”

I grimaced lightly at him, “Kris, you punched him first. I don’t think you can play victim here."

“He provoked me” Kris huffed, almost pouting a little. It was definitely cute to witness and almost made me smile. But I remembered that I was madder at him than happy.

“You still shouldn’t have punched him Kris” I scolded, “Violence gets you nowhere”

Kris didn’t reply and I soon came to a finish. Whilst packing up everything back into the kit, Kris sat up and let his hand come up to my face. “He’s right. I really don’t deserve you. I am so sorry Hyesu for what you’ve had to put up with me. I’ve been downright idiotic and this shouldn’t have happened this way” Kris said softly.

“You’re probably a long way away from forgiving me but you need to know that I’m sorry for causing you confusion and pain and being dragged into my mess with Mei Lien” He added, retracting his hand and letting it fall back to his side. He suddenly shot me a smile, “Do you remember when I first saw you?”

I squinted at him, wondering why the sudden topic change.

“In the classroom right?” I said after a short pause. Kris snickered and shook his head, “I specifically recall you crouching under the counter and, correct me if I’m wrong, hiding from something”

My mouth fell open and my cheeks flushed very quickly. It was suddenly very hot out here in the cool evening. “You saw that?” I squeaked.

Kris laughed and nodded, “I decided not to say anything because I was kind of scared to what your explanation would be. Why were you there?”

I scratched my head nervously, laughing weirdly, “You know what, I really don’t remember”

“Ahh really?” Kris nodded slightly, not at all convinced with my excuse. He chuckled a bit and dropped back against the grass and laid there. I bit down on my lip, thinking whether I should do the same. There really wasn’t anything stopping me was there. Forcing every single thought out of my head and hastily unfolded my legs and lay down next to him, purposely throwing my legs over his as we started up at the sky.

I felt his head turn slightly to look at me but I remained still, half expecting him to shove my legs away. But he kept still and turned his head back.

“Where do we go from here?” Kris asked. I could feel the back of his hand torturously brushing against mine. I breath hitched every now and again as my heart thumped wildly.

“Mm...from the beginning” I suggested.

“From the beginning” Kris confirmed.



Sorry for the wait!!

Majority of you wanted Hyesu to go find Kris first but, where's the drama in that eh???

Thank you for supporting me in this fanfic. I don't know how many chapter may be left of this but I want to keep it going for another five or ten!!

 

I hope you all understand that I will try to update as quick as possible. I have important exams to do and I cannot fail them. My life actually depends on these exams!!!