13

Project Wedding

 

I jumped back, nervously looking away, “What are you doing here?”

Kris had his hands shoved into his trouser pockets and simply shrugged. “I’m waiting for a friend and saw you”

“Oh...” I nodded slowly. He brightened up and asked, “So what are you doing here?”

I turned to face the painting on the wall. “I need to fix that painting for my art exam.”

Kris tilted his head whilst standing beside it, “Really? What’s wrong with it?”

I pouted dejectedly. “I don’t know” I whined, “My teacher just told me it needed some shading on the part,” I pointed at the section in the middle where there was a building situated, “She’s so annoying”

He laughed softly. I could feel his eyes on me and became very aware of him around me now.

I was feeling nervous but comfortable at the same time. Could that even be possible?

“Where’s SM?” I asked. His eyebrow shot up in question as he gave me a confused look, “SM?”

“Yeah, Satan’s Minion. The doll. I named her SM for short” I explained in a literal tone. I thought it was a great name, just like that popular music company.

Kris laughed loudly, his smile reaching its limit as his lips spread across his face and his eyes almost disappear when his sculptured cheeks rose up. “Satan’s Minion? She’s not that bad. I let Chanyeol play with her” Kris chuckled at the latter.

I merely scoffed and rolled my eyes, “Talk about being biased. You just haven’t experience her evilness yet. She reaps sleep away from innocent people”

He laughed again, with less humour this time. His eyes were now shining with something different. It was too playful to ignore. There was now a smirk on his face—more of a half-smile—and his hand came at me abruptly.

I felt something cold and wet land on my cheek. Kris began laughing again, pulling away his hand to show his finger smudged with white paint.

I gasped at the realisation and was stood frozen, “What the hell Kris! Was that paint?”

He nodded cheerily, biting down on his lip to stifle snickers while not feeling any sort of guilt or remorse. Well that was just great wasn’t it!

“I just really wanted to do that” Kris defended himself. It was a lame excuse, for sure.

I brought up my paintbrush and held it in front of me like a sword. “You have to let me do it to you now” I demanded. His eyes widened for a second before he stepped back away from me.

“Hey, let’s just put the paintbrush down. Nobody wants to get hurt.” He said. I shook my head and stood my ground.

“I don’t think so. It’s only fair Kris, you’ve already done it to me, so therefore I should do it back” I triumphantly proclaimed. Kris’ back had now hit a wall and there was nowhere for him to run now.

He grumbled under his breath and sighed, “Fine, just hurry”

I grinned with pride, having successfully persuaded him, “Awesome! Now, promise me that you won’t move or open your eyes until I’m finished”

He gave me an incredulous look and I could see defiance bubbling up in him. “What? No way! How do I know you won’t do something stupid?”

“You don’t” I retorted, “But you have to do as I say”

“Oh why’s that?” Kris challenged, looking straight into my eyes. I was now a foot away from him, ready to dab my paintbrush on his smooth skin.

“Because I said so” I said childishly, sticking out my tongue, “Now, close your eyes and don’t move!”

He rolled his eyes at my reply and did as I asked without another word. His face seemed to be beautifully carved by artistic hands of the Gods from above. And the way his eyes made perfect curves and let his lashed cascade the top of his cheeks was mesmerising.

There was no denying how handsome he looked.

I stopped myself from staring for too long. I grinned with mischief as the bristles swept across both cheeks making to separate lines on each side.

Finally, a round blob on his nose. I giggled quietly to myself, not believing that Kris actually let me do this to him.

“Are you done yet?” He asked, getting impatient. “No; just one more second!” I said.

I whipped out my phone and snapped a picture of his face.

Kris’ eyes opened abruptly in alarm. “What did you do?” he demanded to know. I giggled loudly and showed him my phone, “Look, it’s a masterpiece right?”

He huffed and tried snatching my phone away but I was much too fast. I stuffed into my pocket before he could try again.

“Yah, delete it now” he commanded me. I shook my head robotically, “You have a picture of me! Get rid of that first and then I’ll do the same with the picture of you, looking mighty adorable” I laughed once more, spinning round on my foot. It was just too funny to see someone so hot be drawn as a cat.

He chuckled with a deep pitch and walked closer to me, “Adorable?”

I froze, realising what I said and became all nervous again. “Ehe, slip of the tongue...”

“Right” he said sarcastically, “I won’t be getting rid of that photo I’m afraid.” He said nonchalantly.

I frowned in annoyance, “Why not? You don’t need it!”

“Neither do you!” Kris reacted, stepping closer to me. There was now silence between us as I had nothing to say.

I was acutely aware of the small distance between us and for some reason was stuck to the floor, unable to move. I looked up at his face, my eyes being drawn to his.

My stomach churned inside and my heart fluttered wildly as his hand reached up to my face. His breathing became shallower and I suddenly felt like the air was being pushed out of my lungs until I couldn’t breathe any more.

He finally spoke up with a sinful whisper, “I really want to kiss you”

 

 


 

I died a little when writing the last line.

I know you must all hate me right now for ending it there...

But think about it this way,

Next chapter will start off with a mindblowling kiss that I will make sure none of you forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Enjoy lovelies~ ♥

 

xx