30

Project Wedding

 

Kris and I were in the small boat by now with our life jackets on and a paddle each in our hands. All we had to do was sail our way down the calm stream to the end mark were we would hop out of the boats.

The boat swayed a bit as we both settled down. “Right, this will only work if we paddle in the same direction, got it?” I instructed. Kris grunted in response and simply started off without me, “I’m sure that rowing a tiny canoe will be that hard”

I rolled my eyes and began paddling away as well with the oar. Seconds later, I knew something was going wrong.

“Kris, why aren’t we moving anywhere?” I asked looking around us to see that most of our other classmates were ahead of us. Our boat just simply refused to cooperate and go in a straight line.

“You’re paddling wrong” Kris scolded.

I frowned darkly, almost stopping my rowing. “Me?” I yelled out incredulously over the sounds of chatter and the sloshing of the water, “I’m not doing it wrong! Clearly, it’s you!”

Kris rolled his eyes and furiously waded his paddle, “Why would it be me? I’m the one who started off first and correctly”

I managed a scoff and used my paddle to splash the water at Kris, “It’s not me! It’s you who can’t row properly”

Kris froze for a second, looking over his shoulder with a stern expression and a raised eyebrow. His face had clear droplets slipping down his cheeks and sections of his hair damp. “Did you just splash me Hyesu?” he asked in a low voice, trying to be intimidating by turning in the boat to face me properly.

I crossed my arms over and held my head up high, “So what if I did? I don’t—”

My sentence was interrupted with a gasp erupting from mouth. Kris had throttled stream water at my face, drenching me partially. His arm was much stronger than mine and had managed to get quite a bit of water headed my way.

“Kris!” I yelled in annoyance. I looked at him with a serious death glare. His lips were pursed to withhold a fit of laughter and his shoulders shook as he did so.

“Is this funny to you?” I carried on. Kris let out a loud laugh, throwing his head back for a second. “No, I find it hysterical!” he chuckled more.

I breathed out heavily and swung my oar in the water with all the power I had and splashed again. “Take that you moron!” I said, starting off the war between us.

Water splattered in all directions, bursting all over me and Kris. Our quick large movements caused the boat to sway dramatically, only adding more to the fun. We both stopped for a second to breath.

My chest was rising deeply as I brushed the worm like strands of hair out of my face. We both had matching grins tattooed on to our faces. We were laughing, locking eyes at the same time.

There was a queasy feeling at the pit of my stomach; I was feeling nervous all of a sudden. I shook myself from the odd sensation and splashed the water at Kris one last time, watching the water stream down his amused face.

His hand swept through his hair, pushing it back to make his look even more handsome.

“Done staring?” His voice interrupted my train of thought. I scoffed under my breath.

“I could be asking you the same thing” I gave him a smug smile before sticking my tongue out. Kris simply shrugged, “Can’t blame me for looking at your pretty face”

I rolled my eyes, looking away from him to stop myself dwelling on the compliment he just gave me. I suddenly yelped as the boat collided with someone else’s. I boat was rocking from side to side violently, with Kris and I gripping to the sides tightly, hoping it wouldn’t tip us over.

Unfortunately, that was exactly was happened. The boat completely over turned leaving us trapped only slightly underneath it as there was a small air space under the boat.

I was treading the water, feeling the wood of the boat bump my head every now and again.

Kris emerged up, breathing in the air bubble made by the boat. “That was unexpected,” he commented, laughing by the end of.

“We’re both so wet now” I snickered, raising a hand to pull back my hair once again.

Kris grinned back brightly, “You started it though”

I blinked at him, knowing it was true but I didn’t exactly want to acknowledge it, “Say what now? I did no such thing”

Kris laughed aloud out of disbelief, “Are you going to lie your way out of this one now? If so then let me stop you right there”

I rolled my eyes, snorting in the most lady-like manner I could fashion. “Or what Kris? You’re going to step on me?” I said, looking at him expectantly. My response had only made him laugh more.

“Step on you? How would I do that? I’m not that much taller than you” He reasoned out. I scrunched up my nose, shaking my head, “Nu-uh. You’re so tall that it actually hurts my neck to look up and speak to you”

Kris scoffed, shoving my forehead back, “That’s a stupid lie. You’re too lazy to move your neck my way”

My lips parted in fake hurt before returning to a serious face, “Fine, I’ll accept that”

Kris sniggered once again before hooking his arm around my shoulder and pushing me against his chest.

“What are you doing?” I said, panicking only a bit. Kris’ chest vibrated in a form of suppressing a chuckle.

“What does it look like? I’m hugging you before we have to go to the camp” he said simply, letting both arms weave around my waist and hug it close to his body. My arms went numb for a few seconds before I threw my hands around his neck in defeat, burying my flushed face in the crook of his neck.

He shivered for a moment; “That tickles,” he whispered.


 

This is gonna sound wierd but I found like a 'theme tune' for Kris in this fanfic.

When I was listening to it, I was like, this is so Kris!

It's called Loverboy by You Me At Six

It's an AWESOME song!!!!