36

Project Wedding

 

I slid into his car and strapped in the seatbelt. The seats were made of black leather and felt really smooth against my school skirt.

“We should probably stop by my house so I can change” I suggested and Kris began pulling back into the road, driving away from the drama I had cowardly left behind.

“Nah, you look fine! Let’s start the date now” Kris beamed brightly, obviously feeling excited. I frowned slightly, looking down at my shirt tucked in to my skirt and the black blazer I had on.

“But...the uniform is horrible” I said in quiet voice, my lips puckering into a pout. Kris chuckled and tapped my lips spontaneously, “Relax you look pretty enough for me”

I scrunched up my nose and looked away in a joking manner, mainly to hide my pink face. “Whatever Kris...whatever”

I fiddled with the radio and finally got it onto my favourite station. Increasing the volume, I began bouncing in my seat along with the rhythm, and even began singing. Kris rolled down the windows, the air fluttering through mine and his hair.

“God Hyesu, what is that sound you’re producing?” Kris yelled over my singing. I abruptly stopped and turned my head to look at him with a slack jaw and glaring eyes. My palm struck his shoulder which only made him laugh.

“Shut up! I don’t see how you can do any better!” I said, feeling strangely giddy with amusement and happiness.

“I know I can do better” Kris arrogantly said, straightening up to seem taller and bigger. I rolled my eyes at him before saying, “Prove it then”

He began singing, purposefully going off key and letting his voice crack. My sides were starting to hurt with all the laughter that was erupting from me.

“Oh my god, please stop Kris!” I spluttered out desperately between giggles and wiping the teardrops forming at the corner of my eyes. He joined in a fit of chuckles.

“Well, I think it’s clear who the winner is” Kris stated, thinking it was ‘clearly’ him. I shook my head at him but couldn’t wipe the grin off my face. “Obviously me” I said.

Kris clicked his tongue, “That’s the last time I serenade you”

I suddenly choked on the air around me and let out a high pitched giggle. “What? That was a serenade? Well, I think I should count myself lucky” I teased. Kris gave me an unimpressed look and began slowing down the car. I looked around and felt a wash of confusion come over me.

We seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Kris had parked the car in what seemed to me an abandoned car park with trees curtaining it at the far end.

“Er, why are we here?” I asked slowly, feeling a bit suspicious, “If you’re going to murder me, you should know that people will notice. And I’ve told Min I’d be with you today so there’s no way you can get away with this”

Kris looked at me as if I’d gone mad. “You know what, now that it’s all out in the open, could you help me carry the shovel to dig your grave”

I squinted my eyes at him as he walked over to the trunk of the car. “Very funny Kris, very funny” I commented with a dry voice. I heard him chuckle under his breath as his rummaged inside the trunk. I tip-toed over and stood beside him silently.

“Whatcha doing?” I abruptly said. I noticed him jump a little and look at me with wide eyes.

“When did you get there?” He enquired in disbelief. I stifled a laugh and looked at what he was holding.

He had a bicycle helmet and some knee and elbow pads. I looked in the trunk and saw two pairs of roller blades; a burst of excitement rushed through me.

“We’re rollerblading?” I squealed incredulously, “Really?! I’ve always wanted to have a pair!”

“I know. Min told me your dad once bought a pair but gave it to some cousin of yours when you thought it was for yourself” Kris muttered. I smiled brightly, especially at the fact that he asked around about me and out date.

Kris put down the protective pads and held the helmet up before placing it carefully on my head. He helped to brush away the hair around my face and secured the strap. He patted the helmet and gave me a tiny smirk, “Looks good on you”

I knocked my fist on the helmet and then felt Kris swoop down and steal a short kiss.

“Couldn’t resist” He mumbled whilst staring down into my eyes. I wasn’t too sure of what to do but I couldn’t look away from him. He lowered his head again, carefully and cautiously placing his lips upon mine. My fingers found their way to the base of Kris’ neck, tickling the hair on his head.

My tummy fluttered and I was completely lost in Kris’ embrace. He pulled away, letting his hand cup my cheek and his thumb swipe over my bottom lip.

Reluctantly we untangled ourselves from each other and get ready for some rollerblading.

The second I stood up in them, I was wobbling all over the place and ended up clinging on to Kris for dear life. “Oh god Kris! I can see it now, Death by Rollerblades” I cried out. Kris rolled his eyes at my dramatic cries.

“Relax” He advised, “And hold on to my hands”

My hands slipped into his and he held on securely, pulling me along as he skated backwards. I was beginning to feel more confident now. “Aah I’m doing it”

I started to wobble again suddenly and lost balance. Kris and I came tumbling down to the ground, him beneath me, groaning in pain.

“You have a habit of falling on top of me” Kris stated. I grinned at him, knowing what he was thinking about.

“You must have planned this” I said accusingly. Kris feigned an innocent look, “Why would I do that?”

“So I could do this”

Without thinking, I let my lips land on his and kiss him with everything I had.

 

We soon found a nearby burger joint and decided to eat in. Our order came in and I was completely famished. I took an extra large bite of my burger and munched cheerily.

“I forgot to ask, what were you doing at that bus stop? It’s in the opposite direction to your house” Kris asked.

I slowly put my burger down and pointed to my mouth, indicating I was still eating so he’d have to wait a bit for my reply. Should I lie? No, that would make things worse. I gulped down my food and cleared my throat.

“Jiho took me to the diner there to talk...though I never got to find out what it was about. What were you doing there?” I said in a calm voice.

“I live near there” was all he said. There was a moment of silence between us before Kris spoke again, “Would it be wrong if I asked you not to be friends with him?”

 

 


 

 

Well...

 

 

My Second Anniversary Celebration