40

Project Wedding

I was silly to think everyone would forget about me and Kris if I broke up with him. To be honest, the last few days have been boring and long without him. I’ve been slightly stupid. Only slightly.

I decided to approach him during school between lessons so I could...do something. He was by his locker with another classmate. I tried to remember who she was...I think her name was Rina. They were intensely talking and Kris threw his head back in a laugh. I brushed away the rude comments that were piling up in my head, and walked over with my head held high.

“Hyesu,” Kris breathed. I titled my head slightly with in my bottom lip; my eyes switched between Rina and Kris.

“Um, this isn’t a bad time is it?” I asked, feigning an innocent appearance. Kris quickly shook his head frantically, “No, no, not at all!”

Kris turned to Rina and scratched his head, “Rina, I’ll see you in class yeah?”

The girl pursed her lips and nodded before turning and leaving us. Kris’ lips spread into a smile as he shoved his hands in his pockets, “So what’s up?”

I nonchalantly brushed of lint off my sleeve, avoiding eye contact. “Oh, just wanted to hint that you can’t date others during the break.”

I could almost hear Kris smirking. He looked around and the corridors were more or less empty. He grabbed my hand and pulled me abruptly into his chest. My hands rest softly by his shoulders as I looked up at him in surprise.

“You sound jealous. Of course you would be, I mean look at me. You can’t resist me” Kris said in a hushed tone. I frowned at him before reaching up to flick his temple.

“Stop being so cocky. And of course I can resist you. I’m the one that called this break, which by the way does not allow you to do this” I scolded with gesturing with a hand between us.

“You want to bet?” Kris taunted.

“What are the stakes?” I asked, feeling more than confident.

“I’m going to kiss you, and if you respond, I get to take you out. And if you don’t, you get to take me out.” He replied. I scrutinised him, squinting my eyes. What a goofball. Those stakes were win-win for him...and for me too I guess.

“And,” He continued, “You call off the break”

His head was slowly leaning closer. I wanted to be with Kris and not be separated, right? So what harm could it be I did kiss him? Yeah, maybe people would talk for a while about us. But Mei Lien was gone, for good I hope, and the students would get bored and it would be like nothing ever happened.

Besides, it’s not like I’ll ever see them again after school is over.

My train of thought was corrupted as lush lips landed softly upon mine. He hadn’t even let me protest against the small bet. His lips coaxed and tugged teasingly at my bottom lip, demanding a response.

I was able to stand my ground and not respond. I wasn’t going to willingly give him the satisfaction of winning.

His tongue swept out to tickle the crease where my lips met. I had to admit, he was making it difficult for me. His hand edged up to cup my cheek gently before moving through my hair. And then he broke me; I was kissing him with everything I had. I had missed him so much.

Kris pulled back, his lips while his thumb swept just beneath my lips, “I win.”

 

That day, Kris kept his promise in taking me out. This time I was dressed up, wearing a bit of make-up and a floral silk dress. I must have checked myself a hundred of times in the mirror before Kris eventually turned up and escorted me to wherever we were going. He looked incredibly handsome; he was in a white dress shirt and dark pants that seemed to suit him so well even though the clothes were plain.

We were in his car and for a while, all I could see was fields and trees. Sometimes I even saw a horse grazing grass and got overly excited.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked out of curiosity.

Kris shook his head with amusement, “You really don’t know the meaning of surprises, do you?”

I frowned slightly, pouting my lips. “Fine, don’t tell me.”

A few minutes went by before I started again.

“Kris! Just tell me!”

All he would do was laugh.

Soon enough, we headed through a dirt road that was framed with tall bushes. He stopped the car and skipped on over to my side, opening the door for. Grasping on to his hand, I gawped at the scene before me.

A blanket was spread out underneath a tree that was still covered with white blossoms. I don’t know how he did it but there were fairly lights hung upon the branches.

“You did this all?” I asked, peering up at him. He gave me a heart-melting smile.

“Yes...with a little help from Chanyeol and Min. They helped me hang the lights; their solar powered. And Min told me all the foods you liked to eat.” He explained. I raised my eyebrow when he mentioned ‘food’.

Kris pulled out a picnic basket from the back of the car; how did I not notice that before?

He held out his arm in a formal manner, making me giggle. I let my arm slip through and he led me towards the blanket. We sat down and Kris brought out the contents of the basket.

I began laughing loudly when he brought out two paper bag, labelled ‘McDonalds’.

“I thought you made the food that we’re going to eat!” I exclaimed between laughter. Kris chuckled and nudged me playfully, “I could have made this if I wanted to.”

After we had finished most of it, Kris lied down, propping himself up on his elbows. “I missed you, you know.” He said in a low voice. I chewed on my lips and swiftly pecked his cheek, “I missed you too.”

“So don’t break up with me ever again, got it?” Kris demanded, forcing me to look at him, “Because I don’t plan to either.”

I nodded with a small smile on my face. He cupped my chin, pulling me down slowly and capturing my lips into another kiss.

“Wait, I have something for you.” Kris ceased the kissed and brought out a small box from the basket. I looked at it in wonder as he placed it in my hand. Opening it up, I gasped before looking at Kris with wide eyes.

“They’re Promise Rings. One for you and one for me.” Kris said with a grin. He sat up straight and took out the smaller ring out of the box and took my left hand and slid it on my ring finger.

“I promise,” He began, “To be the kind of man you can always trust and love. I promise to always be here for you, no matter what”

I smiled shyly at the ring settled on my finger. It was a plain silver band but now meant so much more to me than that. Kris held out his hand expectantly. I chuckled quietly, then got the remaining ring and slid it on his left ring finger.

“I promise to always love you, be faithful and be by your side. And never break up with you” I cheekily added. Kris grinned and pecked my lips, “So you love me, huh?”

My eyes grew wide and my face began to glow. “What? I never said that!” I cried in panic. Kris laughed and nodded his head, “Yes you did. You said you would always love me!”

I whined softly and shoved his shoulder, “You know what I mean. I just...well...shut up.”

I crossed my arms over my chest with a pout and face away from him. His stopped laughing but there was still an amused smile on his face. His went into my line of vision and nipped my lips.

“Don’t worry” He said whilst leaning in my ear and whispered, “I love you too.”


I think the next chapter may be the last chapter....

I feel sad about this.

I hope you liked this chapter. Part of me feels the last couple of chapter could have been different, but oh well. I can't change it now. 

 

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

And AWWWOOOOO!!

 

{Don't know why I just howled. I'm so lame. I'll just leave you with this: Competition!}