37

Project Wedding

 

 “Would it be wrong if I asked you not to be friends with him?” Kris asked. I looked up from my plate of food with a surprised look. My expression soon turned into a slightly troubled one.

“Kris” I sighed, “Of course it would. You can’t tell me who to be friends with”

Kris bit down on his lip, looking at me without saying a word. I stared back, having nothing else to say.

“I’m sorry” He apologised. He looked down, his fingers playing around with a few fries. “He just seems to like you a lot and now that Mei Lien isn’t in the picture, I don’t want another thing to mess things up”

He looked back up again; there was a small tinge of red at his cheeks and his eyes were softened. There was a nervous smile across his lips. I in my bottom lip to stop the huge smile spreading all across my mouth.

“I want everything to be perfect” He muttered finally. I finally let the smile break out on my face. “It will be Kris” I assured. I picked up a chip off of my plate and held it up quickly in front of him.

He chuckled softly and opened his mouth to retrieve it. However, in the last second, my hand snapped back and I stuff it into my mouth, munching quickly. Kris looked dazed for a second and I started to laugh at him.

“Hey, that was supposed to be mine!” He complained. I shook with giggles and held up another. “I’m sorry, that was mean. Here, have one!” I urged.

Kris moved his head away grumpily, crossing his arms over his chest and I could just about see a faint pout on his pink lips. “I don’t want it” he stubbornly said.

“Aw come on, I’m giving you my food; consider yourself lucky” I cooed. Kris gave me a side glance and quickly ate the potato chip from my hand.

“Aw you’re such a good boy” I teased, reaching over the table to pat his head. His swatted my hand away with a scowl. “I’m not a dog, silly!” Kris whined, reaching an arm over to push my head back playfully.

“Hey!” I complained and ended up throwing a couple of fries in his direction. I bit my lip when I saw the murderous look in his face. He grabbed a handful and threw it right back at me, laughing all at the same time.

My brows met in a grimace which made him calm down his laughter.

“Alright, let me get it out of your hair then” Kris offered, and leaned across the table to pull one out of my hair. He stayed in position longer than he needed and let his lips land crushingly on mine.

Kris moved back and cheekily winked while my face heated up rapidly.

“Um...so...” I dragged out, only to make Kris laugh at my awkward reaction.

The light outside was dimming and soon it would be evening. We were soon finished off with our meal. I pouted slightly, thinking the date was ending now.

“What’s that look for?” Kris asked as we grabbed our stuff and slid out the booth. “Don’t worry; I’ve still got one more surprise up my sleeve”

My face lit up with interest and my lips stretched into a beam. “Really? Where are we going?”

Kris shook his head and made a grab for my hand, pulling me quickly out of the building. “You’ll see! It’s going to be awesome!” He said enthusiastically. He looked down at his watch for the time, “We still have some time before it closes.”

I was pretty confused but rushed along with him to wherever he was going. The sky was dark blue and the lampposts were lighting up. I could faintly hear music and cheers coming from the direction we were heading in.

Suddenly bright, flashing lights were coming into view; it all seemed to glow against the darkened sky. My footsteps slowed down till I came to a halt outside the entrance of the fun fair.

“Wow, it’s so pretty at night” I breathed out. Kris smiled and tugged my hand, “It’s even better inside”

He led us inside, after paying a small fee. Everything was so busy and there were so many delicious smells wafting in the air.

We were walking slowly by all the stalls when Kris decided to speak up.

“See, I’ve heard that on dates,” He began, “It’s customary to win the girl a stuffed toy”

“Oh really?” I feigned innocence, “Well, if that’s what they say then to the coconut stall”

I marched on over, dragging Kris slightly, to the stall that required you to knock down three coconuts to win a prize. The man in the stall gave Kris five balls after paying him. Kris arm bent back with a ball in a hand before he throttled it at the coconuts.

One fell down and it took barely any effort for him to knock to two others.

“Congratulations” said the man, “Which toy would you like?”

I pointed excitedly to the giant tiger that was hanged up. The man handed it over and I had the biggest smile as I wrapped my arms around it.

“Oh my gosh, this is the best Kris” I exclaimed happily as I squeezed the tiger. He raised an eyebrow, “I didn’t realise I was going to have to share you with a stuffed toy”

I giggled at him, swatting his arm, “Be quiet...where are we going next?”

“Mm...you choose!” He said.

I looked around carefully, feeling tempted by everything. “Let’s go on the Gravity Wheel!!”

We went on several rides together but soon the fair had to close for the night.

Kris drove me back home, stepping out of his car and rushing to my side to open in for me.

“My lady” He said, offering a hand a slight nod of the head. I chuckled at his silliness and accepted his hand and got up. He walked me up to the door and we stood there for a moment, with me fiddling with my keys.

“I had a lot of fun Kris” I said, looking up at him with a smile. He returned the grin and nodded, “So did I”

Kris put his hand on my cheek and lowered his head. I was anticipating the warm feel of his lips against mine. The door suddenly swung open and a loud booming voice startled us.

“And what time do you call this young lady?” my mother stood in the doorway, looking very unimpressed.

I jumped away from Kris and looked at her with wide eyes. I didn’t know if she had noticed Kris or not because she was saying nothing. 

“My apologies Mrs Park” Kris bowed, “It’s my fault that she’s so late”

My mother looked him up and down but did not change a single muscle in her face. “Very well, off you go then. It is a school night after all”

Kris bowed again and turned to smile at me, whispering a small bye. When his car drove off, my mother raised an eyebrow, “Well, he’s good looking isn’t he? I’ll let you off this time. Hurry up and get inside!”

I sighed with relief and rushed up the stairs to my room, feeling overly ecstatic. 


 

 

IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG!

All this week I've had to focus on my Art work because the deadline was the Monday that passed and I STILL hadn't finished everything!! 

-.-

 

I hope you liked this update :DD