28

Project Wedding

 

My fingers were tightly curled that I could feel like nails digging sharply into my pain. I blew out a gust of air to calm my boiling blood down. Once again, Kris never fails to disappoint me. I was currently in the tent by myself, refusing my eyes to even think about leaking. Dejectedly, I stuffed by hands in a packet of sweets and stuffed my face with a whole handful.

I eat when I’m upset, okay.

The tent doorway ped and I composed myself, ready for anyone to walk in. My shoulders stayed tense with Mei Lien came cautiously in. I took one look and my eyes dropped, resuming my candy munching.

“Hyesu…” she softly called out. I breathed in harshly through my nose and made a grunt of acknowledgment even though I was capable to speak with the sweets all swallowed.

“Thank you” Mei said simply. I felt the need to snort in amusement. How ridiculous of her to think I had sacrificed myself for her.

“Don’t thank me for something I didn’t do. I didn’t bother with fulfilling your request” I blurted out with no hint of emotion behind the words.

She gave me a sheepish, half smile. “Even so, I appreciate you stepping away from Kris”

“Like I said, I did nothing now Mei, in all seriousness, please next you talk to me, can it not be about Kris? I think you owe me that at least” I said with a tired voice. I was exhausted with today’s events and just wanted to go to sleep now.

Mei gave me a rigid nod and left the tent, zipping it back up securely. I sighed loudly and turned my head towards Kris’ sleeping bag. I blinked lightly for a few seconds before standing back and moving towards it.

A jerk like him should be disciplined.

My foot timidly kicked his sleeping bag. I could do better than that. I wondered if it would be to cruel to shred up the material to nothing but strands. He’d have to sleep on the floor.

I rummaged into my bag and brought out a camping knife and some hard boiled sweets. I made a small tear and shoveled in my sweets so that the bedding was excruciatingly bumpy. Once I was done with that, I buried the evidence deep within my bag.

I laughed quietly to myself. Even if it only made me feel better for a little while, I’d still take the opportunity to mess around with him a little.

I jumped suddenly when the zip of the tent was opening up. I sprang into action and slid into my own sleeping bag.

Kris came in by himself and closed up the tent after him. He glanced at me one time and looked away. I scoffed inwardly at his movements.

As if I wasn’t there, he pulled his top over his head, revealing nothing but bareness of his chest and torso. My eyes lit up in alarm at what I was seeing.

“Hey, hey!! Put a bloody shirt on, you exhibitionist!” I yelled loudly as my fingers shielded my eyes. I made a small gap to peep through, to check it was safe again of course. But no, he was simply taking his time to wear a measly t-shirt. His back was facing me and it would have been a horrendous lie to say he didn’t look superb without clothing.

“Isn’t that what I’m doing Hyesu?” he asked. His voice still made that weird fluttering go off in the pits of my tummy; I couldn’t help it.

I scoffed with heightened volume this time, rather than keeping it in. “No. That’s called taking your sweet time. Hurry up!”

Kris stifled a laugh and continued to look through his bag. Before I could say another thing, he slipped on a white v-neck and closed up his bag again. “Happy?”

No.

I didn’t answer his question and remained quiet. He shuffled over to his sleeping bag. I watched carefully through the corner of my eye as he dropped down into his own sleeping bag, anticipating the discomfort he would feel and the laughter erupting from me.

The moment his back laid down, there was a distinct frown on his face. I pursed my lips tightly as I continued to observe. He groaned lightly, shifting here and there before sitting up and ruffling his hair in annoyance.

“Problem?” I asked ever so sweetly.

He cast a look at me, a very suspicious one at that. “Did you tamper with my sleeping bag?”

I feigned an insulted look and blinked my eyes slowly in an unimpressed way. “And why would I do that?”

“You did, didn’t you?” Kris huffed, standing up from his sleeping back and shoving it with his foot. “I can’t sleep on that rubbish now!”

“That’s really too bad” I commented, still having an innocent façade. Kris crossed his arms over his chest. “Give me yours” he ordered. I looked at him, giving him a dirty look.

“How about, NO?” I muttered defiantly. He furrowed his sharp brows and stepped a little closer, “Yah, you caused this. Fix it”

My lip quirked a tad bit and I stood up as well, “No way. I don’t want to. Ask your girlfriend to do it”

Kris stood there in silence for a moment, staring at me with blank eyes. “I think I’ll just sleep on the floor” he tried to shrug off the topic. I wasn’t going to stand for that.

“No. Apologise for being an and jerk and lying to me” I demanded. I crossed my arms over my chest as well, head tilted a bit, waiting.

“I didn’t lie to you” Kris replied without any further explanations. I scowled darkly at him, “Yes you did. You said you liked me when clearly you didn’t! It took you five seconds to jump on back to her”

He his lips in frustration. “I don’t go after people who don’t feel the same way I do”

That line was confusing and slightly hypocritical. He said he didn’t love Mei Lien, yet he goes after her when she feels the opposite of what he does.

“And who the hell said that huh? Why do you have to assume the worst?” I chided with Kris. He scoffed quietly, under his breath, “There were no assumptions made. Jiho and you kissed so clearly you disregarded everything I said to you”

I was stunned for a second that he knew what happened. “What?”

“You heard me” Kris stated.

“Look here,” I pointed a finger at him, “He kissed me alright. I didn’t ask for it!”

“You weren’t exactly pulling away either. More like enjoying it to be frank” Kris said begrudgingly. I lightly chuckled, “Oh I get it. Kris got jealous and then you kissed Mei to do what exactly? Return the favour”

He rolled his eyes, “I never said I was jealous”

“Hah” I spun round to walk away from him. “Oh but you were”

I was strangely giddy at that fact. He was jealous, because some other guy was paying attention to me. Well, serves him right.

“Stop sprouting nonsense” Kris tried to defend himself, quite poorly. I lay in my sleeping bag, then turning off turning of the light in the tent; Kris went onto lying on the floor. There was silence surrounding us; both us simply listening to the sounds of out breathing.

“I put hard boiled sweets in your sleeping bag” I confessed, “Because you were a jerk”

There was a small sound of rustling and movement and suddenly, Kris was beside me. “Move over” he whispered.

I could just about make out his shape in the darkness. “No, you’ll take up all the space!” I protested.

Kris hissed and still made his way into my sleeping bag. I nibbled down on my lips, realizing that my sleeping back was pretty small. My face was close to his chest and his arms were draped over me without my consent.

I had lost my voice and couldn’t say anything to refuse him. What in the world would the others think if they saw us?

It was too late to act upon that thought since I had already fallen asleep.



 

This chapter really was not supposed to end like this. They were supposed to fight more but yeahh, Kris is just ugh...

Be honest. What do you think about this? Should they be sharing a sleeping bag, or be fighting?