20

Project Wedding

 

Jiho and I had covered most of the town in a few hours or so. I had taken him almost everywhere when the sky started to darken a little.

“I think we’ve seen everything that we needed to” Jiho proclaimed. I nodded in agreement as we walked back towards our homes.

“Yes we have. If you need me to take you anywhere again, I’d be more than happy to” I offered only to be given a wary look from him.

“What?” I asked in confusion. He gave me a teasing look and smirked in a knowing way, “Don’t you think someone would get a bit jealous?”

I laughed at his notion. Who the hell would get jealous?

“Oh shush Jiho; it’s not like I have a boyfriend or anything” I said, trying hard not to roll my eyes. He nudged me a little, making me step to the side in a small tumble.

“Yah” I whined.

“I was talking about that friend of yours. He sits next to you in our lesson together” Jiho explained. Well, Kris sits next to me when Jiho is in my lesson. He can’t be talking about him can he? There’s no need for him to be jealous; we’re not even an item.

“Are you talking about Kris?” I asked. Jiho nodded, “Of course, who else would it be?”

I gave him a frown and sighed out, “Seriously Jiho, why would you even think that? Kris and I are friends, nothing more, nothing less, okay!”

Jiho raised an eyebrow and blinked slowly, “You seem a bit defensive...”

I growled inside my head, wondering why we were even talking about Kris in the first place. I shouldn’t even be thinking about that jerk!

“I’m just saying,” he continued, “You two send off certain vibes. Do you two have history?”

It felt weirdly hot all of a sudden, even though we were out in the cold. I did not exactly appreciate all the Kris questions. I shook my head and decided there was a need to change the subject.

“This camping trip is going to be great don’t you think?” I asked in a cheerier voice. Jiho laughed at the sudden change, “Oh did I hit a nerve?”

I gave him a deathly glance, “You hit many nerves my friend. What is up with the interest in me and Kris?”

I watched him shrug his shoulders and shove his hands in his pockets. He grinned with a cheek to it, “I’m checking out the competition of course”

I giggled slightly, wondering if he was being serious or just joking.

We were coming up to a crossing with a traffic lights and I could tell there was a car coming, with the headlights shining against the darkness. I waited for the green man to show itself, however, Jiho had another idea.

“Come on then” He said, looking weirdly at me as he walked casually across the road to the other side. I blinked at him as if he had said the stupidest thing ever.

“Excuse me? No way. The green man isn’t even up yet” I argued. Jiho rolled his eyes, “Oh gosh, the car isn’t even going that fast, hurry and you might make it”

“What? No! Do you want me to bloody die or something?” I cried out in an outburst. Jiho was alarmed but began to laugh, “Are you scared of crossing roads?”

I ignored his question. The car was here by now and decided to stop for me to go. But the green man wasn’t there, I thought to myself.

“Hurry, he’s stopped for you!” Jiho yelled.

Ugh. I guess I should just cross now. I took a step out and I guess the driver thought I was taking too long and made a move as well. I stopped in my tracks, my eyes wide- you could like a dear in headlights, literally.

The car stopped and allowed me to walk. I breathed in and took another step forward, but the car moved as well, causing me to squeal and jump back. All the while, Jiho laughed at my silly antics.

The driver moved a bit closer and rolled down the window. Kris’ amused face showed itself in the gap. He looked as if he was trying hard not to snigger away.

“Did you think I was going to run you over?” he asked. He looked particularly dashing this evening under the golden rays of the lamppost.

“Idiot! I thought I was going to die” I exclaimed. Kris only chuckled in response, “Aren’t you being a bit dramatic?”

I crossed my arms over my chest and made a small ‘hmph’ sound. How dare he make fun of me?

Jiho interrupted us and said, “We should get going”

I looked at Jiho then Kris. I smiled at the latter in a form of goodbye.

“Yah Hyesu” Kris called out before I could make another move. I looked at him, waiting for him to continue his words.

“Get in the car” He stated.

I raised an eyebrow in disapproval, “Erm, I don’t think so. Like I said before at school, I’m busy with Jiho”

Jiho looked back and forth from Kris and me, not sure if he should intervene or just let the two of us just sort it out. Maybe the second option.

Kris eye’s flashed over with annoyance. He had another thing coming if he could order me around after what he said today at school.

“I need you to get in the car Hyesu, or I swear to god, I’ll come out there and kiss you” he threatened. I scoffed lightly. Some threat; kissing Kris wasn’t exactly lethal to me. I stuck my tongue out at him as a response.

“You know what guys...” Jiho started.

“What?!” Kris and I said at the same time with a harsh tone.

He looked like a hurt puppy, “My house is just here, so maybe I should go”

I gave a warning look, telling him not to. Kris nodded and seemed to be content with this.

“Great. Now, I think you should get in the car” Kris said to me. I looked at him with an irritated expression.

He always had to get his way.

“Fine!”


I actually have this phobia of crossing roads. It's simply ridiculous...