o6

Project Wedding

School ended so I went straight home to change into a different uniform so I could start my shift at the ice cream shop. I would meet Min there later. I couldn’t help but stop for a moment to think about the events of today; it truly brought a smile to my face.

I sighed to get rid of those thoughts and went to the ice cream shop.

Once there, Min had already got behind the counter.

“Yo” I greeted, lazily lifting my hand to make a peace sign. “Been a while since I’ve seen you Hyesu” she laughed softly at her own joke.

“Yeah, only two hours since” I commented. She chuckled with a tired laugh, “I’m so bored. Nobody is coming for ice cream”

As if on cue, the door opened, indicating a customer. Chanyeol walked in alone, waving manically at Min and I.

“Hi Min” he said once he reached the counter, “I didn’t know you worked here too Hyesu”

I nervously laughed, remembering what happened last time when he came to the ice cream shop, “Oh? I’ve always worked here”

Thank god Kris wasn’t with him. One encounter a day is enough for me!

“Really? Didn’t see you last time I came here...” Chanyeol muttered. I mentally sighed, rolling my eyes a little; this boy just has to analyse every detail.

“I was probably downstairs” I replied coolly, making myself busy with the cake display, topping them up with more cupcakes before fiddling around with the menus. Chanyeol nodded with his mouth slightly ajar; it was sweet, like a little boy.

“What would you like then?” Min asked with a small smile. Chanyeol’s lips pursed upwards, puffing his cheeks lightly, “I probably should wait for Kris, see how much money has”

“Damn it” I cursed, stamping my foot lightly. Chanyeol and Min blinked at my sudden outburst. I laughed once again to disguise the awkwardness, “I saw a spider” I said pointing down at the floor. The both turned away and continued with their conversation, with me half listening.

“Why are you waiting for him?” She asked for the sake of keeping the conversation going between them.

“He’s parking the car away from some stalker girls from school” Chanyeol explained, “They’ve been following us since this morning”

Min crinkled her face up, “Sounds annoying”

He shrugged, “Price to pay for looking this good”

The door opened once again, with Kris walking in. He looked a bit surprised seeing me here but regained composure and went towards Chanyeol.

“Have you ordered yet?” he asked the other boy. “Not yet” Chanyeol replied and returned to Min, “I’d like the Chocolate Chip on a wafer cone please”

Min smiled brightly, “Sure thing!”

As she was serving Chanyeol, I looked at Kris. His eyes met mine and he smirked softly. My breath got caught in my throat and stood up straight to stop myself from reacting like this.

“Would you like anything?” I asked Kris. He looked at the menu for a moment, contemplating. Min intervened suddenly, “You should try the cupcakes; their home baked by Hyesu!”

I blinked wildly, wanting to step away from this scene. Min always does this. Chanyeol intervened, marvelling at the cake display, “Really? We have to get one!”

Kris pulled out his wallet instead and gave a money note to Min, “His chocolate ice cream and I’ll just have small ice cream sundae” he glanced at me for a second and added, “Two cupcakes too”

As he put away his wallet, he muttered, “Geez Chanyeol, your stomach is going to be the end of me”

There was another commotion at the door as three girls came bustling in through the door. Kris and Chanyeol had already taken a seat at one of the booths to eat their ice cream and cake. The girls whispered excitedly with each other, occasionally glancing at the two boys in the shop.

They walked over to the counter and ordered their choice of ice cream.

“They must be the girls Chanyeol was talking about” Min said as we noticed that the boys were trying hard to go unnoticed.

I shrugged, “Nothing we can do about it”

Kris got up from his seat and walked straight towards the counter, in front of me. I looked at him quizzically, tilting my head in confusion as to why he crossed his arms and resting them on the counter.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Mm...Hopefully” Kris replied. He dug his hand in his pocket, retrieving something silver and shiny. My eyes widened and instantly my hands searched my neck for the necklace that looked remotely close to the one Kris had dangled in front of me in his hands.

 “That’s my necklace! Where did you find it?” I demanded to know.

Kris laughed for a second. Through the corner of my eyes, I could tell those girls were watching his and my every move. “It dropped when you decided to be on top this time” he said, way too loudly. The girls began whispering loudly once again.

My face went completely red in embarrassment, “Yah, lower your voice! I didn’t decide anything; it just happened. And it has only happened once” I hissed. I knew what he was trying to say, the dirty minded idiot.

I reached for my necklace but just like before, he refused to give it to me. I raised an eyebrow, “You must like not giving my belongings back to me”

He shrugged modestly, “It has its perks”

I sighed, “Okay, what do I have to do for you to give me back my necklace?”

A devilish smile spread across his smile, giving me an uneasy feeling about this. “Are you up to it though?”

I frowned, “You haven’t told me what it is”

He casually bit down on his lower lip as he thought for a moment, “Promise you will do it first”

I scoffed, “No way! What if you tell me to do something stupid? Nope, not falling for that” I decided to ignore him for a while and reached out for the cloth on the counter, however, he grabbed my hand once for the second time that day.

“I’m sure you can pinky swear that you’ll do what I ask” Kris said with a grin. I shook my arm to make him let go, “No, I don’t want to promise Kris!”

His other hand began tickling my sides over the counter to get my fingers to relax. I became a big mess of laughter as he laced his pinky finger with mine.

“Hah! You have promised me now!” He declared. I retracted my hand from him and scowled, “I can break that promise”

He stared at me for a long time as if willing me with his eyes to agree with him. I ended up sighing deeply, “Fine, I won’t break the promise. What do you want?”

Kris smirked delightedly, “It’s very simple. I just need you to kiss me”

----------------------------

Muuhahahaha cliffhanger!!! xDDDD

hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^^