15

Project Wedding

 

“Hyesu? Hyesu! Wake up”

I jolted out of my daze and straightened up behind the counter, only now noticing that Min was trying to get my attention. “Oh sorry what was that?”

She gave a disapproving look, “Just that you were mumbling Kris’ name”

I perked up in surprise and slight doubt, “Shut up! No I didn’t”

Min laughed with shaking shoulders and a bright grin, “Okay maybe you didn’t but who knows. What I did say was that if you do marry Kris, you better hook me and Chanyeol up”

I smiled, wanting to giggle a little, “Of course Min. And you ‘when’ not ‘if’”

She rolled her eyes, “Okay let’s not get ahead of ourselves. You guys have just kissed. Marriage happens to consist of other provocative things”

I squinted my eyes at her, glaring a bit, “Excuse me?”

“Oh nothing!” Min quickly said. “Would you look at that; a customer! Bye!”                          

I shook my head as I saw her take an order off a woman at the counter, and as she avoided our conversation.

I propped my head on my hand, secretly thinking of what happened after school. Now that wouldn’t be leaving my mind for a long time.

 

Soon after my shift was over at the ice cream shop, I decided to take the long way home. It was around seven and the sky wasn’t that dark. I guess I just kept troubling myself with that thought that maybe Kris wasn’t going to ask me to be his girlfriend.

It would be extremely cheesy and too fairytale like if he did so.

And honestly, I don’t see Kris being like that. He’s cool and effortlessly handsome; the type that would be a known movie star.

Then there’s me. Well, I don’t need to explain any further.

Suddenly, the light was blocked out as warm hands covered half of my face. I froze, gasping loudly, my heart beating wildly. A shiver ran through me as hot breath tickled at my neck and radiated against my ear.

“Guess who?” the voice rumbled.

I instantly knew then who my perpetrator was.

“Kris?” I said with some sort of question and doubt. His hands fell away to his sides and turned to see exactly who I thought it was. He was in casual wear instead of a uniform. However it still looked like something off a runway.

“What are you doing out here so late?” he asked.

I shrugged, “It’s not that late. See, the moon isn’t even out yet”

I looked up at the sky and yes, there was nothing but pink and yellow clouds against the greyish sky.

Kris looked up as well before saying, “Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there.”

My eyes laid on him again and nodded softly, “I see...”

He looked down as well, smiling softly. It was nice and gave off, weirdly, its own glow.

“I’ll walk you home” he declared, making his way down the street, expecting me to follow. I couldn’t exactly protest against it because he had already walked quite a bit. I sighed in huff and skipped faster to catch up with him.

But to my annoyance, he just kept walking faster. I looked down at his feet, watching the large strides he took.

My hand reached out, holding onto the arm of his jacket. Kris paused for a moment only to realise that he’s pace may have been a bit too fast.

 A lot fast.

“Sorry, I’ll slow down” he said.

I huffed out in tiredness. I was a bit unfit I guess and always covering the excess fat here and there on my body.

I tutted in irritation, “Gosh you’re quick”

Kris chuckled lowly, securing my hand on his arm. My face flushed a little and I had to look away and try hard not to think about his fingers brushing against mine.

“No. You’re just slow” he replied back. I abruptly looked at him with a frown, “I’m very average actually”

He grinned in amusement, fighting off a laugh. “If you say so Hyesu”

A silence fell upon us so I was glad that my house was close by. I slipped my hand away and stood by the door. “I’ll see you tomorrow” I said.

Kris nodded, “Yeah...”

He stood for a while longer as I leant against the door. However, abruptly, the door struck open and I yelped in alarm as my feet lost its place on the ground.

“Hyesu!” A voice cried out. I felt hands grab my arms and stop be from falling flat on my . I held onto Kris instinctively to make sure that it wouldn’t happen again.

“Oh Jesus Hyesu! You just had to be leaning against the door” I turned round to see my older sister in the door way, hair straightened and tied up high and her hand  rummaging through her bag.

She eyed me a Kris up and raised an eyebrow, “Well, what erted things are you getting up to these days huh?”

I looked at her in disbelief, wondering what on earth would make her sprout such nonsense. I hastily let go of Kris and stood straight.

“Shut up Eunji” I retorted, “I’ve done nothing that you have if that’s what you mean”

Eunji rolled her eyes and waved her hands in dismissal, “Yeah yeah. I’m off, mom and dad will be home late so lock the doors and all that jazz”

I grunted in response, while watching her walk away. I became worried now. Boy always fall in love with my sister.

I sighed and turned my head towards Kris. Without me knowing, he had answered a phone call on his cell. His eyes watched my sister pass us before looking at me again.

He ended the call and placed his cell back in his pocket. “That was a...friend” he said, gesturing to his phone, “He’s surprised me and is coming here so I’ve got to meet him at the airport.”

“Oh okay” I acknowledged. Kris looked sad for some reason and his brows drooped in a depressing way.

“I’m sorry Hyesu but I...” he took in a deep breath “Forget today”

Kris turned around and strode quickly away, leaving me stunned at my door step.

Please tell I’m still daydreaming at the ice cream shop.