19

Project Wedding

 

The next day of school arrived. I know this is bad, but yesterday was my day to take that electronic baby home but I switched off and left it in my locker; with no regrets of course. I was just glad the stupid project would be over before our camping trip.

I was startled up an arm being slung round my neck. I was about to complain but was more surprised that it was Jiho himself, grinning proudly down at me.

“Good morning” I greeted with a smile. It wasn’t that uncomfortable having him close to me but it would be rude if I said otherwise.

He nodded his head in return. “Morning. What are you up to today?” he asked. I shrugged, “Nothing I guess”

Jiho shook his head, “Wrong! You’re showing me around town remember?”

I nodded in realisation, reliving the conversation we had in the lunch hall and significantly remembering and sulking Kris in front of me.

“Oh yeah, well, we can go straight after school if you want. After eating of course” I added. I had to eat something once school was over otherwise I’d have my stomach rumbling in the most embarrassing ways.

Jiho agreed and before we could say another word, Min hooked her arm onto mine. I was bewildered by the amount of people crowding me. Well, there’s only two but I have my claustrophobic moments.

“What are you guys talking about?” Min asked to spur up conversation.

Jiho grinned at her, “Hyesu’s taking me out!”

Her eyes sparkled for a moment, “You mean like a date?”

“What? No!” I cried out. Jiho sniggered, “Exactly like one I suppose”

Min laughed, amused by my reaction. As if on cue, we were met by Chanyeol and Kris. I looked at Kris and smiled at him warmly as a form of ‘hello’. His eyes just glowered over Jiho’s arm. His jaw was set in place and his brows shaped in the most intimidating way.

I wonder what his problem is.

“Hey Min” Chanyeol said, not really acknowledging the rest of us that much. Chanyeol finally looked over and Jiho and I and blinked.

Min chuckled at his expression, “They’re having a date later on”

My eyes widened and glared at Min, “What the hell? We are not! I’m simply showing him around town”

Jiho laughed beside me, “There’s no need to hide it anymore”

I sighed loudly, stepping away from Min and Jiho. “I’m going to class, away from this madness” i proclaimed and marched down the corridor, knowing full well that Kris’ eyes were burning the back of my head.

Few seconds later, I felt a presence beside me. There was no doubt in my mind as to who it was.

Kris let his hand brush through his messy hair, tousling it further. “I have a lesson this way too”

I nodded in silence and continued walking with him alongside.

He wasted no time and simply asked me, “Are you and Woo Jiho dating or something?”

There was a hint of bitterness behind his words and he made no effort to hide it. I shook my head vigorously, “They were just messing around. Jiho and I are simply friends, just like you and I are friends”

Kris scoffed lightly before chuckling. He glanced at me with a smirk tugging on his plump lips, “Hah, I don’t think he can be friends with you the same way we are”

I frowned at his statement, repeating it in my head a few times to figure out what he meant. “What are you saying exactly? Do you think you’re more special than Jiho?”

He kept that smug smile on his face and nodded, “I think so. The thing is, you like me more than him”

I scoffed loudly, “You getting a bit confident aren’t you? Who says I like you? Maybe I am going on a date with Jiho!”

Kris stopped and looked at me, with not a very amused expression. “Oh really? Have fun on your date then” he said with resentment, “Don’t be too surprised when you think of me all the way through”

I threw him a glare as he entered his classroom, scoffing as I turned away. That arrogant little—

I sighed loudly before any profanities could leave my mouth. How could someone be so arrogant and so in to themselves? I will not be thinking of you at all Kris! You will be banished from my thoughts.

I’m thinking about him now, aren’t I?

I groaned in to the folder I was carrying and stormed towards my lesson.

 

At the school gates I met up with Jiho. Across the school yard, I met eyes with Kris. I stuck my tongue out at him, only to make him roll his eyes.

“We going then?” Jiho interrupted me. I turned to give my full attention to him and smiled brightly, “Absolutely!”

We decided to head off to the busiest part of town, where all the shopping centres were and food shops.

“I most shop here for clothes; they have the best things here” I commented as we passed a large clothing store to get to a takeaway shop.

We first ordered our food. I was in the mood for meat, as always, and ordered burger.

Jiho laughed at me, pointing slightly.

“What?” I asked, dumbfounded. My voice was muffled by the food in my mouth.

“You look like a hamster with all that food in your mouth” He snickered, taking a bite of his own food.

I swallowed quickly and threw a napkin at him. “Shut up,” I scolded.

We talked amongst ourselves before heading out to explore more parts of the town.

I was off to a great start. I hadn’t thought of Kris in ages. Not his stupid hair or stupid smirk. Or anything to do with him. He’d probably mock me about that if he was here.

Argh, but he’s not here so I should stop talking to myself.

My train of thought was interrupted by Jiho.

“What are you thinking about?”

I shrugged, going over the last couple of thoughts I had and mentally groaned.

Damn it!