35

Project Wedding

 

I met up with Min during lunch. She had a silly grin on her face and I could tell she was over-the-moon happy. Obviously because of Chanyeol.

“Hey Min” I greeted and plopped myself next to her on the bench she was at. She greeted back and sighed contently.

“Um, you seem cheery today” I commented slowly, watching her off behaviour very closely. She sighed again, her face still decorated with a big grin, “Is it me, or is the sun shining brighter than usual?”

I squinted at her for a second, wondering what kind of cheese she was spouting. “Snap out of it Min” I demanded, slapping her shoulder as I did so. “I have a bloody dilemma at hand and I need you sane enough to help me”

Min scowled at him momentarily but even I couldn’t stop the smile on her face. “Go on Hyesu, tell me everything”

“I’m going on a date with Kris” I breathed out. She began clapping ecstatically, “This is great! I can see it now, double dates on the weekend, you, me, Kris and Chanyeol! It’ll be amazing”

I looked slightly confused at her as she rambled continuously. I could almost see the twinkling stars in her eyes as she told me all about her little fantasy. I clicked my tongue and slapped her shoulder again to snap her out of it.

“Ow!” She glared, “I have bruises! How many times Su? You know what, I was going to share my ice-cream with you on the date but you don’t deserve my kindness”

I blinked at her, trying ever so hard to keep a straight face. “I’m sorry what?”

“You know, when we have out double date” Min reminded. I shook my head and decided to ignore her eccentric behaviour.

“The date with Kris is today but Jiho also wants to speak to me!” I stressed out. Min now looked seriously interested in my problem, “Oh now that is complicated”

I sighed for the millionth time that day, “Mhm. But I think I can do it! Kris won’t be at mine until 6, so that gives me from the end of school till, um, five to listen to what Jiho has to say”

Min nodded, “That doesn’t sound too bad. Oh wear a dress to your date with Kris!”

I scrunched my nose and ignored her suggestion. A dress, insert scoff here.

 

Soon the final bell of the school day rang and quickly, people were exiting the gates. I felt strangely guilty for meeting up with Jiho. How would Kris react to it if he knew? But it’s important that I clear the air with Jiho. It wasn’t long before majority of students had left. I was walking towards the gate by now and Jiho was now coming into view.

He smiled at me warmly, in which I returned a smile too.

“So what did you want to talk to me about?” I asked as soon as I stood before him. Jiho bit his lip in thought and grabbed a hold of my wrist, “Let’s go somewhere first”

It was difficult to protest against him since he was a fast walker and we were half way down the street now.

 “Er, wait, where are we going? Because I have to get home in time for this thing I have” I informed, whilst internally scolding myself for such a pathetic way of coming up with n excuse to wrap this thing with Jiho quickly.

Jiho tensed for a second and huffed, “No worries, I’ll say my piece and then you go when you need to”

It felt like we were walking forever, mainly because no one was speaking. Jiho finally came to a stop in front of a diner. I curiously looked around as we entered. There were several rows of seats and polished tables with a small menu stand. We settled in one of the booths and I looked at him expectantly.

“Well?” I encouraged.

Jiho scratched his head, “If you don’t mind, I’d like to eat first; I’m freaking starving”

I wanted to tell him that I was in a hurry, especially since the clock now read four o’clock, but as if on cue, a waitress came over and took Jiho’s order. Jiho’s voice snapped me out of my watchful gaze at the clock, “What do you want to eat?”

“Huh? Oh nothing, I’m not hungry” I dismissed. Jiho scoffed and shook his head, “She’ll have the same”

The waitress nodded with a smile and went off to sort out our order. I frowned slightly, even though I was hungry, I didn’t have any money on me, nor did I want anyone paying for me.

“So? Are you going to tell me what this is about?” I attempted once again to get some information out of him. Jiho just smiled, “At least wait until the food is here”

I groaned inwardly. My legs began to shake out of impatience and I was already tapping my fingers on the table absentmindedly.

Finally our food came and Jiho started to vacuum the contents. I lost control of the laugh that was forming in my throat as his wide mouth chomped half his burger. “You eat like a pig” I giggled.

Jiho raised his eyebrow and swallowed his piece of burger. “I happen to be a growing man, therefore, need all the energy I can get” he defended.

 I nodded in mock agreement, “Of course, of course”

Jiho suddenly snatched away a cluster of fries from my plate and shoved them in his mouth, causing me to shout out.

“Hey, those were mine!” I attempted to swipe away some of his own fries off his plate, but it was harder than I thought. I ended up crossing my arms over my chest, and scowling at him. Jiho chuckled lightly and held one up, “Here, say Ah~”

I squinted my eyes at him, a feeling of uneasiness rose from the pit of my stomach. Instead of accepting it, I managed to grab a couple of fries from his plate and munched them away. Jiho rolled his eyes and put the one in his hand back onto his plate.

My eyes swivelled to the clock and I gasped. An hour had already passed. If I left now, I could possibly get home in fifteen minutes if I caught a bus, and that would give me over half an hour to get ready.

I looked back at Jiho with a sense of urgency, “Jiho, I really need to know what you want to talk to me about now”

“Why now?” Jiho enquired with annoyance. “We’re having fun right now”

I chewed my bottom lip and felt nothing but despair. “I know but I have to be somewhere in an hour.”

Jiho exhaled loudly and shrugged, “Fine then, go. It’s fine”

I looked at him unsurely. I know he said I could go, but I was feeling hesitant. He was making me feel guilty. “Don’t be like that Jiho. We can do this another time and then we can talk, okay?”

Jiho raised both eyebrows in acknowledgment, “Yup, got it”

A part of me wanted to stay but majority was insisting I get home, now!

“I’ll see you tomorrow Jiho” I said.

“Yeah bye”

 

As soon as I stepped out the diner, I sprinted off to the nearest bus stop. I had some kind of idea as to where I was , but as I looked at the information at the bus stop, none of the bus routes were one I recognised.

I looked at the time on my phone and it was ten past five now. I scratched my head and looked around to maybe find someone who could help me.

Before I could take a step, a car slowed down in front of me. I was unsure if I should keep walking or not. The window rolled down, revealing the driver.

A smile lit up my face. “Kris”

Kris smiled back and winked, “You coming in or what?”

Definitely in. 



Hello my beautiful readers! :DD

 

So, this is a promotion of a fic of one the winners of my competition

Photogenic Perfection

^I personally like this story :)))

 

Hope you liked this update 

Next chapter shall be the amazing date!!