o8

Project Wedding

That same day, I had successfully not thought about a certain randomly kissing person. Until someone had to mention. Min and I were heading towards the school courtyard and rest for the remainder of our lunch break. I was exceptionally proud that I hadn’t thought of that tall dude.

“So Hyesu,” Min started as we sat on a bench and he settled by placing her bag on the floor, “Talk to Kris lately or were you two too busy engaging lip contact for that?”

She laughed at her own remark while my eyes glared deathly at her. She her laugh subsided, “Damn, if looks could kill, I’d be dead by now”

I puffed out a small breath of exasperation. “Shut up Min and no I haven’t talked to him”

Her face feigned slight disappointment, “Oh, why not?”

“Because I don’t want to talk to him” I retorted, pulling out a bottle of water and sipping from it.

“Oh, because you would rather he just kisses you instead?” she said with a stupid smile. I tightly screwed on the cap of the water bottle, still letting my eyes use so much effort to burn the girl in front of me.

I couldn’t help but smile in absolute embarrassment. My hands covered my face; this was a definite face-palm moment.

“Alright, enough with the jokes” I pleaded. She sniggered softly before agreeing with me, “Okay okay, I won’t. But seriously, why haven’t you talked to him?”

I merely shrugged, “I don’t know...haven’t been provided with the opportunity?”

Min rolled her eyes, “Don’t be silly. You have to talk to him; no body kisses a person in broad day light without some sort of interest”

I gave her a ‘duh’ look, “Well, obviously he does”

She stuck her tongue out at me. “Why haven’t you talked to him?” she whined, demanding a real explanation.

My nose scrunched up and my lip scowled upwards. “Maybe because of the swarming girls he’s attracted as if by magic”

Min scoffed, “Those desperate losers? Please they have no chance!”

I gave her an incredulous look, “Hah, what makes you say that?”

“Because none of them have been snogging his face off” she said calmly. I tutted, rolling my eyes, “Shut up” I looked at her with a dark expression, “I’ll remember this when your time comes with Chanyeol”

She gave me an amused face and a sarcastic remark, “Oh I’m scared”

Quickly replying before even letting her finish, “You should be!”

 

The last lesson of the day was Maths. I was pretty good with numbers so when I had finished the worksheet the teacher gave us, I really had nothing better to do. The pen that I wrote with was now hanging from the corner of my mouth lazily while I stared up at the ceiling dreamily.

The only thought running through my head was what I should eat after school.

The whole class’ attention was drawn to the knock on the classroom door and then it opening slowly. Step by step, Kris walked across the classroom towards the teacher.

“Yes?” the teacher questioned.

“I’ve been moved to this class sir” Kris informed the other.

“I see; have you been marked present for this lesson already?” the teacher mumbled whilst fiddling with his laptop.

“Yes sir” Kris nodded.

“Alright then, sit next to Hyesu” he said without looking u from the screen. My face was still as a picture, processing what the old man had just said.

“B-but...sir, Gikwon sits there” I protested. Kris stared straight at the source of my voice, digging his eyes into me with such intensity as if daring me to say another word.

“Gikwon is absent today so I don’t care. What I say goes” the teacher said with finality.

Kris slid through between desks and chairs with ease, finally reaching my—no, our desk. As soon as he sat down, I pretended to be busy with the non-existent work I had to do.

“What the matter Hyesu?” Kris lowered his voice so only I could hear. The rumbling vibrations coming from his mouth were more than enough to make me quiver. “It almost sounded like you didn’t want to me to sit next to you” he accused.

I dared to glance sideways, looking at him, but regretting it immediately. His eyes were level with mine so there was no way I could look away. His face wasn’t too far away either.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I decided to act innocent because of course, I didn’t want him to sit next to me. How distracting would that be?

He scoffed quietly, “Fine...”

He turned himself around and stared to work in his book. I warily did the same, wondering why he relented so easily. I shrugged, not giving it another thought and tapped the pen on the desk in a rhythm.

Kris turned his head towards me slowly, looking from the pen to my face. “Hyesu”

“Yeah?” I answered, looking at him as well.

“Stop doing that” he demanded. “Doing what?” I replied. I didn’t know if I was just saying that to annoy him or not.

“The tapping” Kris blinked in irritation.

I hummed in thought and simply replied, “No thanks”

Okay so maybe I was trying to annoy him but who goes kissing a girl then taking their chances with other girls. And it’s barely been a week since he arrived here. I mentally rolled my eyes at the boy.

Without warning, he pulled the pen out of my grasp and replaced it with his own hand. His fingers slid between mine, clasping them shut around my hand. It had taken me by surprise and when I tried to pull away, he wouldn’t let me.

He smirked in amusement as he watched me struggle, “I wonder if you just do this so I end up doing these things”

I scowled slightly, “That’s absurd! I’ve never heard such rubbish”

He chuckled softly, “Calm down, there’s only twenty minutes left and frankly, I like holding your hand”

My eyes blinked so fast in incomprehension. A burning flush crept up on to my cheeks and I tried to speak but what could I possibly say to that...

He’s making it so hard to avoid him.

 

Next day was Friday. At last!

First lesson was Health and Social Care, meaning that I would be seeing Kris again. Taking a deep breath, I entered the classroom, making a quick dash to my seat, fully aware of Kris watching me curiously.

The teacher entered the classroom and everyone became silent.

“We have a surprise project for you all planned.” He announced, “It is to be done in pairs...”

At this point, many were getting excited about this idea and already making sneak glances at their friends and agreeing to be project partners.

“...the pairs however are to be boy and girl...”

The class groaned in disappointment as the teacher continued.

“So, you have five seconds to choose your partners before I choose them for you” he held his hand up, silently counting down the fingers. All students looked hesitantly at each other, apart from one person.

Kris shot his hand up in the air. “Sir, me and Hyesu will be partners!” he proclaimed before the final second was up.

Say what now?

“What? I didn’t agree!” I blurted out, glaring lasers at the back of Kris’ head before he turned round to look at me and arrogantly smile.

The teacher scribbled our names down, “Too late it’s done”

I grumbled softly, sinking into my chair, trying to ignore the obvious gazes of some of the girls in our class, probably wondering why Kris chose me.

I sighed. There was nothing I could do but hope this project would be an easy and quick one.

The teacher spoke up again, “Since we have begun to learn about contraception, the government have set a new service for selective schools across the country called the Baby Programme. Each pair will be assigned a life size doll of a baby with realistic characteristics to take care of...”

I buried my face into my hands all of a sudden after hearing the details of our project. The teacher droned on but I couldn’t listen anymore.

This was not the reality I wanted.

------------------------------------

 

y Free and Single, I'm ready to bingle~~

 

KANGIN!!!! ♥ Yay, he's back!!

 

 

Anyhoooooooooooooo

I am lacking inspiration

I hope this chapter lived up to your expectations~