16

Project Wedding

 

“He said what?” Min spat out. I had told her everything the next school day at lunch as we sat across each other on the bench outside.

“How can he even say that? You guys kissed!” She exclaimed while making the side not of, “And enjoyed by the looks of it”

I shrugged, “I guess it was simply too good to be true Min”

I’d be lying if I said I was fine with it. I was a million miles from being fine with it. I actually thought that maybe he liked me; I mean like Min said, WE KISSED!

“No” Min shook her head defiantly, “What crap is this? Demand an explanation from him now!”

She outstretched her arm, pointing to the direction of the school building. “He can’t just do that now go”

I looked at her as if she had gone a slight bit crazy, “I don’t want to”

She gave me a look that was of disappointment, “Park Hyesu, as good looking as Kris may be, you did not deserve to be treated like that now march into that building and give him a piece of you mind! I mean, I don’t get you, you get angry at me for being late when we meet up that it scares me and this, this is so much worse and—”

“Okay Okay!” I quickly shut her up and got up with a wary eye on Min.

“Good, I’ll be in the library if you need me” she called out as I walked into the building.

I breathed out and made sure Min wasn’t following me. Like hell I was going to see him. The humiliation of yesterday was enough. Besides, Min won’t know...

Although, what if she asks me what he said?

“Ahh, so annoying” I mumbled. I turned a sharp corner and crashed my face into someone. I held my face, frowning slightly while looking up.

“Oh...” was all I could as Kris looked back at me with the same level of awkwardness. This was probably the first time I had seen him all day. I didn’t have Maths or Health class today.

Just as I was about to step round him, he did the same. I grew even more awkward and could feel my skin heat up in small pulses. It got even worse when I tried to go in a different direction.

He did the same and I bumped into him again.

I stepped back and looked away from his face, “Sorry”

Kris sighed, “Please don’t apologize; It’s my fault.”

I looked at him weirdly. Was he talking about what was happening now or...?

“It’s fine” I replied and made a move to walk past him. His hands clasped around my upper arm, bringing me back.

“Look Hyesu. I realise what I said yesterday was really out of the blue but I have my reasons...could we perhaps start again? As friends?” He gave me a weak smile with hopeful eyes staring back at mine.

I forced a smile on my own face, “Sure, friends.” I stated. Friends? I scoffed at the idea. What made him believe that I wanted to be friends?

He grinned and ruffled his hair slightly in a cute way, “Then we could probably get so frozen yoghurt after school then? Like friends usually do?”

I thought about it for a second. I didn’t exactly think it was a great idea; less than twenty four hours ago, we were making out twice.

But still I agreed, “Why not? I’ll meet you at the gate”

 

 

Kris and I were now walking down the street, scooping frozen yoghurt out of their little pots. I guess it wasn’t too bad.

“You know it’s your turn to talk the doll” Kris mentioned. I grumbled slightly. “Really? Can’t it be my turn tomorrow?” I turned to look at him with pleading eyes and a pursed my lips slightly to puff out my cheeks more.  

His eyes shrunk partially, “Fine then” he agreed,” but I expect you to take her for the next two days”

I saluted playfully, “Yes sir!”

“Us being friends isn’t so bad is it?” Kris asked as he sat down on a low wall. He gestured me to sit beside him. I sat first, an arm’s length away from him, “I guess not”

“Yeah, be lucky I am your friend” he said with a smirk on his face. I raised an eyebrow and made a weird face, “Lucky? I doubt that. You should be grateful I even accepted your offer of being friends”

“But you’re the first friend I’ve had who’s a girl so hence, you should feel more honoured” Kris argued.

“Oh I’m sorry your highness, how may I express my gratitude?” I rolled my eyes as I replied in a dead-pan and sarcastic way.

Kris laughed slightly, “You can start by attending you slave duties now”

I shoved his shoulder in response, “Shut up. I won’t be slaving my for anyone”

Kris looked at you, “Really? Not even your bestest  and most awesome friend?”

He was obviously talking about himself. I thought for a second, “Well, Min has her own hands to do things” I muttered.

“Oi” he scolded playfully, pushing my head forward, almost into my frozen yogurt.

“Hey!” I cried out, “That was very immature of you”

He stuck his tongue out at me, “What are you going to do about it midget?”

I feigned an offended look on my face, “Look yeah, we can’t all be tall as trees like you Kris. Besides, my height is average okay? Av-er-rage”

He held out his hands as if in surrender, “Alright alright, no need to get feisty over it”

I rolled my eyes again and ate more of my frozen yoghurt.

“This friends thing will work out right?” Kris asked out of the blue. I looked at him and smiled, “Of course it will. We’ll get the award for being the most awesome friends.”

Kris laughed but was interrupted by a phone call. I finished off my yoghurt as he spoke to the other end of the line.

“Yeah, I’m out with friends...Okay I’ll be there...No I’m not...okay then bye” he mumbled into the phone.

I looked at him once again and gave him a warming smile, which he returned. “Let me guess, you need to go”

Kris nodded, “Yeah, my friend needs help unpacking”

“Oh, is he staying with you?” I asked nonchalantly.

“Er, yeah you could say that. Well, I’m off, bye Hyesu” he waved and walked away. I watched his figure disappear down the street and placed the paper pot in my hand beside me on the wall.

I guess I’ll just have to settle for being friends only.

 


What do you think about this 'Friends' thing???

I told you, Kris is not what he seems!