31

Project Wedding

 

We went back to the tent after the boat oh so conveniently collapsed. It was safe to say that we were utterly drenched from head to toe. Even with our clothes sticking uncomfortably to our skin, we came tumbling in to the tent in fits of laughter. I shoved Kris to the left side of the tent and pointed a finger at him.

“No peeking mister” I warned him, squinting my eyes in the process. Kris had a bright grin on his face before his left eyebrow rose up.

“I wasn’t going to but now that you mention it...” Kris trailed off, shuffling much closer to me. It only resulted in me backing away with a silly smile on my face, knowing he was just being playful. Even so, it managed to elevate my heart in the process.

“Behave Kris or I’ll kick you out of the tent” I said whilst pulling my hair away from my face.

Kris smirked subtly, “That almost sounds like a threat”

I pursed my lips for a moment, fully aware of the bursts of happiness rushing through me. “It’s not a threat; it’s a promise”

Kris laughed at me, “You really scare me Hyesu”

I glared my eyes at his skull, not sure whether he was being serious or not. “Are you being sarcastic, giant fool?” I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling the wet top brush dampen my arms once more.

“So what if I am?” Kris challenged, also folding his arms, “Are you going to kick me out the tent?”

I scoffed while shaking my head, “Don’t tempt me Kris”

His chest vibrated with a small chuckle and his eyebrow elevated. “Oh, so you find me tempting?”

I blinked quickly, lost for words even though I probably wouldn’t have got a word in as Kris carried on.

“Well it’s understandable. Me all wet and hot must really get you all hot under the collar” his words floated out of his mouth like velvet. I could the heat pool at my cheeks while I uncomfortably shuffled my feet.

“Shut up” I mumbled quietly. Kris laughed out loud once more, reaching an arm out to cup my elbow, “You aren’t denying it Su?”

I shook my head out of its day dream and scowled at him. “Yes I am denying it! Pfft, so arrogant” I exclaimed, lifting my head a little higher as if it would help make me look taller. My efforts were done so in vain as seconds later, Kris took another step, his whole body towering over me like a skyscraper.

“I think you’re lying” Kris breathed out. His head was lowering down, ready to swoop in and claim my lips. My hands scrunched up at his chest, thoughts conflicting in my head. What the hell was I doing?

“Stop” I finally said, pushing back a feet to create some distance between us.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asked, frowning at me. I clicked my tongue and furrowed my eyebrows, “You know what idiot! Don’t kiss me, okay! In my eyes, you still have a girlfriend and whilst you do, we need boundaries, such as, no invading my personal space”

Kris just smiled whilst nodding. His head lunged forward, almost making me yelp. My head dodged back and I glared at him.

“So would this be considered as being in your personal space?” His whispered; his warm breath fanning across my lips and his dark eyes magnetized to my own. There was mischief flickering in his eyes and a smirk tugged on the corners of his lips.

I silently scoffed at his question as the answer was obvious to the both of us. “Of course it is, so back away”

My hands fluttered lightly, shooing his away from me.

“So are there any other boundaries I need to be aware of?” Kris turned, going for his bag and pulling out some fresh, dry clothes to wear.

My lips twisted to the side in thought, before I bit down on them. “Don’t kiss Mei either. You’re still mine in away”

Kris in his bottom lip as if trying to tame the smile forming on his face. I cleared my throat awkwardly after hearing myself say the words before rummaging my bag too, to keep them busy.

“Alright” Kris replied, “As long as you don’t kiss Jiho, because you are definitely mine”

A fowl grimace decorated his face for a moment. I lifted up the clothes I was to wear and formally stood before him.

“Okay then, I guess that’s settled then.” I felt a surge of...something bubbling within me but I pushed it down, unsure of what it would look like if it reached the surface of my face.

“I guess it is” Kris also stood in front of me, a foot away. His hand reach up to my hair, hooking a piece behind my ear, his delicate fingers running down my jaw before his thumb brushed across my chin, nearing dangerously close to my lips.

The tent was ped and there was a sound of surprise. “Oh crap. Sorry...”

My head jerked away from Kris’ hold and my eyes lay upon Jiho, looking extremely confused. A flash of disappointment etched across his eyes and took over the shine in his eyes.

Now I felt horrible.

“I’ll just leave you guys to it” He mumbled out before rushing out the tent. I took a step to go after him but Kris held me back.

“You can’t possibly be running after him?” Kris brows were bunched and his lips weren’t smiling any more.

“Of course I am. He’s my friend” I retaliated, shaking off the grip he had on me. Kris sighed out light, before stopping me again, “Who is so blatantly crushing on you!”

I glowered at Kris’ hand that was no restraining me from leaving. “Kris, let go. Jiho is my friend and he’s upset so I need to talk to him”

Kris exhaled noisily and his hand dropped back to his sides and looked away. “Fine, just remember the boundaries we set”

I nodded once and walked away, heading after Jiho. He wasn’t too far so I caught up with him in no time.

“Jiho! Wait!” I called out to him. He was striding into the forest nearby and found tree stump and plopped himself on it. My steps slowed down as I noticed him take a seat.

Cautiously I sat down beside him, our legs sandwiched close. I felt Jiho shuffle away a little, making frown-lines to appear. I didn’t know what to say so we sat there in silence for the first five minutes.

“He has a girlfriend Hyesu” Jiho abruptly scolded me, making me jump. He was now standing up, staring at my gobsmacked expression. “He has a girlfriend and you were about to kiss him”

“No I wasn’t” I vehemently argued. Jiho shook his head in disapproval, “How can you do that to someone? I thought you were a good person. Mei and Kris are a couple, Hyesu. You can’t be doing this; it could destroy their relationship”

My eyebrows twitched and were creasing severely. “You don’t know what you’re talking about Jiho. Kris is breaking up with her”

He scoffed noisily, throwing his head back. “Do you really believe that? Why is it him huh? That guy is a jerk and I’ve been nothing but nice”

I gulped down, feeling uncomfortable under Jiho’s stare. “I—I don’t...I can’t help it.”

Jiho ignored my reply and carried on his rant, “I mean, what do you even know about him? What’s so good about him?”

I hoped that Jiho was only lashing out at me because he was hurt; I tried to make myself believe that. I tried hard not to let his words get to me.

“How do you even know if he likes you the way I do? He has a girlfriend for Christ’s sake. Did you know that they’ve been together for three years? Mei told me. Do you think Kris will really leave you for here?” Jiho yelled absentmindedly.

I opened my mouth to say something but it was like it had dried up and my voice refused to come out. He’s just angry, I told myself. He doesn’t know what he’s saying.

I ended up chewing the inside of my cheek, staring back at Jiho in silence. I knew I had to say something.

“Jiho, I—”

I was cut off rudely by Jiho’s hand being raised. “Whatever you want to say, don’t say it.”

Jiho his heel and left me there, like a storm destroying a whole town before dissipating to absolute nothing. My skin crawled with a shiver as the wind blew past me and I realised I was still in my wet clothes.

They were together three years?

Three long years.

Could Kris really just stop loving Mei with a flick of a switch?

I closed my eyes as another wave of cold air aimed another hit against me.

“Su? What are you doing here all by yourself?”

My eyes flew open and saw Min with a concerned look on her face. “And why are you all wet?”

My body shook again when the wind came throttling at us. “It’s cold silly,” Min chided, “Let’s get you changed into dry clothes”

We walked back to the tent and saw Kris lying on his sleeping bag, eating one of the hard-boiled sweets that I remembered putting in there. He rose up quickly, looking at how cold I was.

“Please leave Kris”

Kris looked surprised and I realised that Min wasn’t the one who had spoken. It was me.

“Please leave” I said again, much more firmly. 


I AM SO INCREDIBLY SORRY THAT YOU HAVE HAD TO WAIT SO BLOOMIN LONG FOR THIS CHAPTER!!
NEVER AGAIN SHALL I UPDATE LATE LIKE THIS AGAIN!! NEVER AGAIN!!! 

I made this chapter 600 words longer that I usually make my chapters to try and start making up for all the time I wasted. 

Next chapter will be LONGER!!!