o3

Project Wedding

Min clutched on to her stomach with laughter. Of course I told her what happened not too long ago with the freak encounter with Kris. She decided to comfort me with non-stop sounds of giggles. She breathed in slowly to calm herself down, “Okay, okay, phew, I’m done now”

I sighed loudly. We were both behind the counter, in our usual uniform, waiting for customers that needed to be served. “I don’t—”

“No stop! I’m not done”

She began to laugh again whilst I stood there with a scowl. I grabbed a spoon and shoved it close to her face abruptly, “You yeah, be quiet”

She bit down onto her lips, although I could faintly see her shoulders shaking with remaining laughter she had locked up inside.

“Okay now. I promise not to laugh anymore” she assured. I rolled my eyes, “Sure, you said that to me five minutes ago and here we are still”

“I promise okay, so tell me properly”

I leaned my head on the counter, verging fake tears, “It was horrible. I just stood there like an idiot. I bet he thinks I’m an idiot too!”

Min comforted me by placing a hand on my shoulder, “Don’t worry Hyesu, I’m sure it wasn’t that bad”

I sighed loudly then straightened up, “I guess you’re right. Let’s just forget about it”

The door bell tinkled, indicating that someone had entered the shop. Min and I put a bright smile on out face and began welcoming the customers.

“Welcome to—”

My voice lost its ability to make any sort of sound as soon as my eyes lay upon Kris. He walked into the shop, looking around the place as if checking out the quality. There was nothing much honestly; several booths and mirrors and paintings on the wall.

I don’t know what came over me but I dropped to the floor, hiding behind the counter. Min looked down at me weirdly and followed suit.

“What the hell are you doing?” she hissed in a low voice. The look she gave me was epic indeed.

“Kris is there. If I see him again, I swear I will come off as a bigger freak than I really am” I whispered back.

We were startled by a deep voice—a different one to Kris’—that interrupted our hushed conversation.

“Er, is anyone serving?”

Min’s eyes widened and my mouth dropped.

Min gave me a panicked look, “, it’s Chanyeol!”

I silently laughed, my head falling back. She suddenly flicked my forehead with a frown on her face, “You’re in no position to make fun of me Park Hyesu”

I rubbed my forehead sadly, “Whatever. You’re going to have to go up there”

She gave me an incredulous look, “Excuse me, why me? You started this, finish it”

“It’s only fair! I’ve already seen Kris! You haven’t seen Chanyeol” I defended myself.

“That is a lame argument” Min tried to bicker.

I wasn’t going to take no for an answer and pushed her upwards, much to her surprise. Her startled face almost made me laugh loudly. She purposefully kicked me the moment she stood up to the face the two boys.

“Er hi...” I heard her say, “Sorry about the delay”

Chanyeol gave Min a confused look, “What were you doing down there?”

She shifted awkwardly, “Oh nothing, sweeping...er going downstairs?”

I rubbed my hands over my face when I heard her response. Downstairs? At this rate my eyes would have rolled away.

Chanyeol looked surprised in a good way, “Stairs? I had no idea there were stairs there! Kris!” he called for Kris, who was waiting by the door. Kris tutted, “Ah hurry up and get your ice cream”

“But dude! There’s stairs!” Chanyeol said as he leaned over the counter to have a peak. I began to panic and I could tell Min was too.

She held her arms out to stop him, “Um...That’s for staff only!!” she blurted out. Chanyeol groaned with a cute pout on his lips, “Come on Min, let me, we’re classmates right?”

“Er...well...”

“Chanyeol, what are you doing?” Kris’ voice intersected. He sounded very close. Much too close. Why does he have to sound hot as well as look it?

“Kris, there are stairs down there you know? Min just popped out from them” Chanyeol bragged. My eyes bulged; the last thing I wanted was another awkward moment.

“Really?” Kris was about to peer over but Min came to the rescue on time. Oh Min, have I ever told you how amazing you are?

“Have you seen the new special offers we have right now?” She tried to distract, “If you buy two ice-creams, you get another absolutely free” she exaggerated in her salesperson voice. It was enough to distract Chanyeol and Kris though. Mainly Chanyeol, “We have to get two now Kris,” he said in a firm tone.

Kris sighed and pulled out his wallet, “Fine whatever”

Min sighed in relief but I think I was the one that was most relieved. She handed then three cones of ice-cream, two in Chanyeol’s hands and one on Kris’.

“There you go” She sang, “Come again soon”

As soon as I heard the door re-open and close, I got up from my hiding place, sighing aloud, very grateful I wasn’t found.

Min gave me a look, telling me I owed her one. I waved my hands, “Yeah, yeah—oh before I forget, what was your ingenious plan?”

She rolled her eyes, “I seem to have forgotten with all this stupidity”

“What? Don’t lie to me! Pinky swear you forgot” I demanded. Min giggled, “My pinky finger is broken”

I gasped and pointed an accusing finger at her, “Liar!”

 

The next day, my first lesson was Health and Social Care. Quite an odd subject though. I settled down in my seat near the middle on the side of the classroom against the wall. I was sitting next to another girl. She was really quiet in class so I hardly bothered her.

The teacher began the lesson finally after writing the lesson title on the board.

“Okay kids, today we are going to—”

He was cut off by the sound the sound of the door opening. A tall figure came sauntering in as if he owned the place.

Damn it! Kris again.

His eyes seemed to scan around the class, just like he had yesterday at the ice-cream shop.

“Yes?” the teacher asked in a soft voice.

“I’m supposed to be in this class” Kris replied in a low voice.

“Ah of course, Kris! Take a seat at the front and we’ll begin the lesson!”

Kris nodded in appreciation and did as he was told. I cursed silently, wondering why the lord would place him right where I could see him clearly! Like I’ll be concentrating in this class anymore.

-------------------------

Wah, thanks for subscribing guise and READING!!

You're the best~ ♥