Chapter 31

We Fell In Love

Yuto’s POV

After that incident between me and Yamada, we decided to call it off a day. Yamada exchanged room with Daiki until the situation is settled. I didn’t catch a sleep the whole night, actually. My minda’s clouded with thoughts that even I can’t explain what.

Yuto-kun, do you like Nana?”

That line of Yamada just keeps on going and going on my mind.

Do I like Nana? I asked that myself. And know what? I can’t even answer my own question. I care for Nana, that’s a fact. I worry about her a lot, I admit. But does that mean that I like her already? I know I just met her but she’s already important to me.

I looked at my alarm clock beside my bed. I was quite surprised when I saw the time. It’s already 8:30 in the morning. I didn’t notice the time. I get up on my bed and went out of my room to check if someone’s already awake.

“Ohayou, Yuto-kun!” Yuya greeted me. He’s already eating his breakfast. “Eh Yuto-kun, you didn’t sleep last night?” I sat beside him and put some food on my plate.

“Yes.” I nod, chewing my food. “I’m thinking about lot of things.”

“Don’t think too much, Yuto-senpai.” Ryutaro advised to me.

“What’s your plan now by the way?” Yabu asked. I looked at him and think for a while.

“I think…I should go to Nana’s place today.”

--

After having my breakfast, I went back to our room and fixed myself. I then headed to Nana’s place. I tried calling her a lot of times already, but she’s not answering. Maybe she’s still sleeping. I arrived at her apartment and exact 10:30. I walked to her room number and rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door. I rang it again but still no one responded. I rang and rang and rang it again repeatedly but still, no one comes out so I started worrying. I also tried calling her but when it’s not can’t be reach, no one’s answering it. What happened to Nana!! I’m starting to get paranoid.

“Excuse me…” Someone poked me from behind. I looked at the person and saw an old woman, ages about 55 to 60. “Are you here to visit the people staying at that room?”

“Hai…”

“You didn’t know? They left already.”

“Nani?” I was surprised by what the old woman said. They left? Nana left? “Where did they go?”

“They said they will go back to their hometown. They left 30 minutes ago to go to the airport.”

I ran as fast as I could out of the building and quickly told the driver of the car that I’m heading to the airport. I need to stop her from going. Again, I tried calling her but still no answer. I’m going desperate. I don’t know what am I supposed to do.

“Yamada…”

Yamada’s name suddenly popped out of my head. Should I tell this to him? After all of the thing he had done, does he still have the right to know that Nana is leaving today? But I think Yamda could stop her. I dialed Yamada’s number but he rejected it. Really, this man is so annoying. I typed something on my phone and sent it to Yamada. I called him again and this time, he finally answered.

Yamada’s POV

I’m in a studio right now for a photo shoot for a certain magazine, which I forgot what the name is. I just finished my shots and am packing my things up so I could leave already. Maybe all of you guys are wondering why I am being so stubborn for the past few days. Trust me, I don’t know either. Can some of you please hit my head? Maybe that way, I would be back to the normal me.

I was to leave together with my PA and makeup artists when I felt my phone vibrating. I took it out of my pants’ pocket and looked at who the caller is and rejected it immediately. Why is Yuto calling me? What does he want from me, right now? I felt my phone vibrated again and saw a text from Yuto. I opened the message and read it.

*Could you lower your pride even just now? I’m going to tell you something really important. THIS IS URGENT!*

After reading it, Yuto once again called me. I answered it.

“What do y---“

“Nana’sleavingtoday!” Yuto jabbered through the phone.

“What? I can’t understand you!” I said, starting to be annoyed.

“I SAID NANA’S LEAVING TODAY! I’m on my way to the airport to stop them. I just told you because---" I didn’t wait for him to finished talking and ended the call. I dropped the things that I am holding and ran towards the parking lot. I went to the service we are using but the driver is nowhere to be found. I went to the driver’s seat and saw that the key is still in the ignition. Without second thoughts, I hopped inside the car and ignited the engine and quickly drove away. I even heard the driver yelling when he saw me driving it but I didn’t care. All I know is that I should stop Nana from leaving.

I know that I have done a lot of stupid things to her lately but can I really afford to lose her again? I she goes back to Aichi, I’m pretty sure that we won’t be seeing each other again for a long time. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want her to leave. If she’ll leave, not like this. I need to say sorry, I have to explain myself.

I stepped on the acceleration and the car went faster. Luckily, the airport is just 20 minutes away from the studio so I arrived there in a jiffy. I quickly went out of the car and started looking for Nana. I looked around the place, checking every corner, hoping to find her as soon as possible. I know it’s hard for me to find her in this sea of people. People who look like they have no problems with their lives and everything that’s happening to them go exactly how they want them to happen.

15 minutes had passed but still I’ve got no sign of Nana. What am I going to do? If Nana leaves, what would happen to me? No. I want her here by my side. Even just for the whole summer. I want her to be by my side by the time we released our new single. I want her here the time we start our summary concert. So please not now…

--

I was about to lose hope when I suddenly had a glimpse of someone that looks exactly like Nana. I didn’t exactly see her face but I’m pretty sure that was her. Her posture, the way she stand, walk, move, it’s all the same. She’s on a line for the check-in area. I ran as fast as I can towards her but still it’s useless, I’m too far from her and it’s already her turn to be checked. Absentmindedly, out of desperation, I called out for her name.

“Nana!” I barked. I just hope that no one here would recognize me but I don’t care. All I know is that I should stop Nana. I noticed that the girl paused on the checking process and took the break an opportunity to approach her.

“Nana..,” I called once again but this time, she turned around to look at me. It’s confirmed. It’s nana.

“Excuse me.” She said to the guard and exited the line.

“Why are you here?” She asked me blankly.

“Where are you going?”

“It’s good that you’re here. Now, I could personally bid my goodbye to you. I’m going back to Aichi so… Goodbye Yamada.” She tapped my shoulder and turned around.

“Why are you doing this Nana?!” I heard her chuckled.

“Why do you even care, Yamada?”

“Why are you suddenly leaving? Is it because me? I know that you’re not supposed to leave yet. If it’s all just because of me, quit it.”I raised my voice, starting to be frantic.

“There are a lot of people in the world, Yamada. Don’t assume that everything is all about you. I have no time for this, goodbye Yamada.” She said and went back to the line. What am I going to do? It’s hard to talk with her right now. She has already decided to leave but I can’t just let her go. I walked towards Nana and gripped her arms.

“Yah! What are you doing? Let go of me.” She wiggled her arms but instead of letting go, I started tugging her out of the place. She just continued on yelling but I didn’t answer her. We even passed at the Hey Say Jump members who were all looking surprised. I brought her to the car I just drove a while ago and pushed her in.

“Yah! Yamda Ryousuke, let me out of here!”

“Urasai!” I exclaimed and that shut her up. I then started driving, going to a place. Everyone, guess where I am going?

--

After 30 minutes of driving and nonstop nagging from Nana, we finally arrived at our destination. I stepped out of the car and went to open the car door for her. Of course, she refuses to go out so that left me no choice but to pull her out of the car.

“Why did you bring me here?” I brought her to the restaurant where we won that so called ‘couple treasure promo’. I didn’t answer Nana’s question and walked inside the restaurant. I smiled when I saw her followed me. Entering the restaurant, I was surprised when I saw a picture of Nana and I, hanging on the middle part of the whole of the restaurant. I know nothing about this, seriously!

“Why are we here, Yamada?”Nana spoke. I turned to look at her.

“What happened to us Nana? We were so happy back then.” I pointed the picture of us on the wall and I heard her sigh.

“I should be the one saying that! We were so happy back then, Yamada. But all of a sudden you just changed.” Nana said and I know that there is sadness on her voice. “When I went here in Tokyo, I have this faith that I would find my best friend. I was so happy when I found you, Yamada. Finally, I could reunite with my best friend after such a long time. But I never expected what I discovered. You changed, Yamada. You’re not the friend I used to have.”

I was taken aback by what she said. I’m not her best friend anymore? What have I done to make her feel this way?

“Yamada I really need to go. Oka-san might be looking for me. Goodbye.” She then walked towards the door and out of the building and here I am, unable to move. I don’t know what to do. I have been so stupid for the past few days. I did a lot of things that hurt Nana. I even made her cry and said things that I didn’t mean at all.

Nana’s nothing to me? That not true. She’s very important to me and I don’t know what the hell came into me that made me say those things to her. Now, she has decided to leave. Am I too late? I don’t want her to go, that’s the truth. But after all of the things I have done, do I still have the right to call myself as her best friend? Do I still have the right to prevent her from leaving? My heart’s telling me to stop her but my mind’s telling me not to. I was the one who drove her away. I was the one ruined our relationship.

--

I have lots of thoughts in my mind when I felt my phone from my pocket. I took it out and stared at it. All of the happy memories disappeared just because of this. The foundation of our relationship was brought down because of me and when it’s already too late, here I am regretting everything. But something suddenly me. I f she can’t forgive me. If I can’t stop her, then maybe I should just tell her the truth. The whole story about the phone…from the start. Maybe, if I tell her the truth, maybe if I’ll be honest with her… maybe, just maybe, she’d change her mind. And there, I dialed Nana’s number

Nana’s POV

I walked towards the door, out of the restaurant. I’m trying so hard to stop the tears attempting to fall down from my eyes. Why does he have to do this now? Of all time, why does he have to stop me just when I have already decided to go? And why does he have to bring me here? The memories we had here were all so different from our situation right now.

I was almost out of the door when I suddenly heard my phone rang. I took it out from my purse and saw that the caller was Yamada. I rolled my eyes annoyingly as I answered the phone. “What—“

“Wait!” He cut in. “Before you take one more step out of this place, listen to what I have to say first.”

“You know, the day you called me to tell that you’re in Tokyo, I was so happy that time. 4 years, I waited for 4 years to finally see you again, to talk to you or even just hold you. You don’t know how much I missed you every day. How much I wanted to go back but I just can’t. That’s why when I discovered that you called and I failed to answer, you don’t know how disappointed I was to myself. Why did I let it passed? Why didn’t I grab the opportunity for us to have communication again? And how much I wished that this time, I would see Yamamoto Nana again.” He paused for a while. Just by the tone of his voice, I know that he’s crying but I don’t want to look at him yet.

“Nana I did everything I could, did every strategy I knew so I could spend every minute of your stay here with you. Even though it’s not safe because there’s a huge possibility that anywhere I go, someone would recognize me but I didn’t care at all! I could even do silly things like disguise as Sherlock Holmes just to be with you. I am willing to look stupid just for you to be safe because I know that if someone sees me with you, they might take it in a different way and put not only me but you in danger. And Nana, I don’t want that to happen to you just because of me. I don’t want to ruin you silent and peaceful life just because I exist in your life. I know how much you hate being judged and I don’t want people to look down on you or insult you and anything just because they saw me with you.”

And right from that moment, a tear fell from my eyes. I hate him. I hate him for being mean yet here I am, smiling because of his honesty.

“You don’t know how much I felt stupid for asking you to go at Ueno Park to meet up knowing that it’s your first time. And if something bad happens to you, I don’t know if I could ever forgive myself. The day we went to this restaurant, we won this phone. That time, you were having a dilemma because your phone was snatched and didn’t know how to contact your parents. Don’t you find it weird? Such thing happened when you most needed it? Do you think it was really just out of pure luck?” He said in a questioning tone. What is he trying to point out? I don’t get it.

“What are you—“

“I told you to don’t interrupt!” He exclaimed. “The night before that day, Ryutaro asked me a favor to go with him to the mall and help him buy some things I refused, of course, because I don’t want to get tired and going to a public place might cause me that. But in the end I went with him and you know, I found my decision precisely correct.” I raised an eyebrow, lost on what he’s trying to say.

“I found these two cute couple phones and bought it. But knowing you, I know that you won’t accept this just like that because you’re not that kind of person. You won’t accept things from someone if you know that you can’t do anything for them in return. But Nana, I don’t want anything from you!! That’s why I had this plan. Early in the morning before I picked you up, I went here, in this place. It was true when I told you that I often go here. And that was when Couple Treasure Promo began. It was really meant for you Nana. It was especially made for you.”

I was surprised about his revelations! So that was his entire plan? He did something like that for me? I wiped the tears on my face. The tears continuously flow from my eyes. What should I do? Should I forgive him?

“You deserved to be happy; Nana, but I made you sad. I had been such a big disappointment to you and if you still refuse to forgive me, I would accept you decision. But please, at least, recognize the things I just said. I did all of them on the extent of my effort and yes, I did it all for you.” He said and right from that moment, I heard his voice cracked down. He just broke down.

“Nana, please turn…turn around and look at me. Pp…ple…lease, look at me and tell me that yes, you forgive me. That you won’t leave. Nana please…” His voice was terribly trembling. I smiled. Now, I know the right thing to do.

--

I dropped the phone call of Yamada and instead of turning around; I continued walking out of the building. I called a taxi and asked him to head to the airport. I then called my mom.

“Nana! Where are you? We need to go aboard! The plane would be leaving soon.”

“Oka-san, could you wait for me for a while? I’m on my way there.”

“Okay but please hurry…”

--

After 10 minutes, I finally arrived at the airport. I went out of the taxi and ran as fast as I can and went in to the check-in area. Inside, I found my family waiting for me.

“You child! Where have you been?!” Yuusuke yelled at. I stopped in front of them and put my palms on my knees, catching my breath.

“Eh? Onee-chan, daijoubo ka?” Mari asked me.

“Oka-san!! I have something to say.” I started and saw my mom smiled. I think she already knew what I’m about to say.

--

Hey Say Jump POV

Hey say jump member stand outside the check-in area. “What are we supposed to do now?” Inoo asked to other members.

“Yeah! We just saw Nana went inside the check-in!! Won’t we do anything about it?” Hikaru added.

“Guys relax, okay?” Yabu told everyone, trying to chill them down. “We have no idea what happened between the two of them when they left. Right now, I don’t want to say this, but I think we don’t have the right to intrude with their problem.”

“So we’re just letting her go then?” Keito asked in wonder.

“Yeah!! She just checked in! She might have probably decided that she really want to leave.” Daiki spelled out.

Yabu sighed. “Yuto?” He then looked at Yuto who’s currently out of his mind. “Let Yuto decide! Besides, he has a huge participation with this.”

“Me?” Yuto answered, lost with what’s happening. In the end, he just shrugged his shoulders.

“Guys, you all are boring!” Yuya cried in exasperation. He took his phone from his pocket and put it on his ear. “Hello, Yamada! Where are you…driving? Yah!! Nana’s back here. We think she’s leaving… won’t you do anything about it...are you sure about that? Okay then, bye.”

“What did he say?” Ryutaro asked.

“He said to let her go.” Yuya hesitantly said.

“NANI!!” Hey Say Jump members yelled in surprised. Well except Yuto.

“Why did he say that?” Chinen incredulity asked.

“I don’t know.” Yuya shrugged. “He just said to wait for him, he’s on his way here.”

“THERE HE IS!!” Inoo exclaimed and they all saw Yamada walking towards them.

“YAMA-CHAN!!” They all greeted. Yamada was about to talk when he suddenly felt someone pushed him on his chest so hard that he almost fell to the floor. Luckily, Keito was next to him and caught him. It was Chinen.

“WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM!!”

“I should be the one saying that! What’s your problem?!!” Chinen retorted, angriness could be easily heard on his voice.

“What are you so mad about!!” Yamada exclaimed in irritation.

“What’s wrong with you ha!! You have the guts to pull her out here but no guts to stop her leave? Are you stupid?” Chinen was about to push Yamada again but stopped when they suddenly heard a clasping sound.

“WOOO! Nice show we’re having here.” Nana said, clapping her hands while walking towards Hey Say Jump. The entire Jump, including Yamada and Chinen who is currently on a fight, looked at Nana. “You know guys, I have a better idea. Instead of pushing, why don’t you just start punching each other’s faces and show everyone here who all of you really are and be the topic of Japan. Isn’t that great?” She suggested sarcastically. Nana went near the two and slapped them both on the forehead.

“Baka! What are you two thinking! Fighting because of me?” She sighed. “Look at the board.” Nana gestured them all to take a look on the board where all the flights of the day are listed. “The plane to Aichi already left 10 minutes ago and you two are still fighting like children.”

“What do you mean, Nana-chan?” Inoo asked excitedly.

“It means she’s staying Inoo-senpai!!”Keito said to Inoo.

“YA….HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Inoo cheered happily.

“URASAI!” Jump silenced Inoo.

“Nana…” Yamada called slowly.

“Hey hey!” Nana put her right palm up, leveled to Yamada’s face. “Just because I stayed doesn’t mean I have completely forgiven you already. You still need to make up for what you’ve done.”

Yamada smiled. Right from that moment, he realized that everything would be okay. That everything would be back to normal. That all he need to do is prove Nana that he’s still him. He has always been. But never did they know that the real problem is just about to come. The beginning hasn’t started yet. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you like it guys!! :) :) PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!! :) :) :)